Park Hours?

Gosh I know this question gets asked [I]all the time,[/I] but how far in advance do park hours come out?? I guess I was kind of hoping to see May hours available today.

I have to make our ADRs a week from today and I’m going to be really upset if I don’t have park hours to work with. That will make all the difference in when I want to make a lot of our ressies. :ohmy:

I totally agree, we had this problem with our October trip & desperately wanted to know what the park hours we’re before making ADRs. We just found that eating dinner around 5:15 was perfect because even the EARLIEST park hour closing around 8pm still have us a little time after dinner. To answer your question though, I’ve only noticed them posting park hours somewhere between 3-4 months in advance. If you are only 96 days from your trip I would think it would be REAL soon.

I’ve been wondering the same thing since only NOVEMBER!!! Ugh. All that to say that I’m feeling your pain. :slight_smile:

I’m not totally sure but, my g/f and I have always planned our trips months ahead and we have always seen the park hours months ahead but we are trying to plan our trip in may and it doesn’t show the may park hours for may and further. so thats a bummer

I am still waiting too. I will be arriving on May 2, and they are not up yet. April’s last week is up though, so I’m thinking “What is the hold up?”

I think they should have park hours up 90 days before hand. JMO. It would make it so much easier when making ADRs.

Dizzy…an hour in the park is still 60 minutes. I know it seems shorter but in fact it is the same as an hour outside the park.

I am working on a unified line theory to explain the relative feeling of shorter hours inside the pack but so far the math doesn’t work.

I have found the hours through July on the Disney website. My problem is that I need August’s!:angry:

Wow, they must have just posted them because yesterday afternoon we could only get up to 5/17/09 and then last night the site was finally showing all of May but not any of the firework times???!!!

I wonder if they are upgrading the site still and having trouble. It is very frustrating though!!!

[QUOTE=hiner;931339]Wow, they must have just posted them because yesterday afternoon we could only get up to 5/17/09 and then last night the site was finally showing all of May but not any of the firework times???!!!

I wonder if they are upgrading the site still and having trouble. It is very frustrating though!!![/QUOTE]

I agree. The new site just has too much going on to be useful!

You are all correct. I double-checked and only through the end of May are on there. That stinks!

[QUOTE=tigger;930723]Dizzy…an hour in the park is still 60 minutes. I know it seems shorter but in fact it is the same as an hour outside the park.

I am working on a unified line theory to explain the relative feeling of shorter hours inside the pack but so far the math doesn’t work.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: Thanks Tigger! I guess I just didn’t believe it. :wink: How time flies when you’re having fun!

I will be in Disney the week before Memorial Day. The extra magic hours are confusing though. Does MK close at 10 and then the extra magic hours start or is that when the park closes period. I’m so out of touch, having seriouse Disney withdrawals.:goofybounce:

Click on the MK and then slide down to where it says Calendar and click the link. Choose the month you want and it will show you the EMH a.m. and p.m. hours separate from the park hours. There you can click on a day to find out the times or the parades and special events. Have not seen any fireworks posted yet though.

With EMH, you have to be in the park before closing and get a wristband. The park will still be “closed” at its normal time, but they don’t actually empty the park. You can stay in the park as long as you have the wristband, and for the EMH they check for your wristband before you will be allowed onto attractions. Hope that helps. :happy: Sorry, I kinda rambled…

I was told that Disney did away with the wristbands. Now you just have to show your “key to the world”. I asked a question about this earlier today.

Well sheesh. I am ALWAYS behind on the times with Disney it seems! :whistling :laugh: Either they’ve gotta stop changing stuff so often, or I’ve gotta start paying better attention. :pinch:

Thanks for the heads up!

[QUOTE=dznygrl;931578]Well sheesh. I am ALWAYS behind on the times with Disney it seems! :whistling :laugh: Either they’ve gotta stop changing stuff so often, or I’ve gotta start paying better attention. :pinch:

Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

I was just at WDW in August and going again in May-I always thought I was paying attention, but I guess not-I had no idea the wrist bands were gone either!:laugh: Good to know

Yeah they just stamp a key on your forehead and the back of your right hand.

:wink: :wink:

[QUOTE=tigger;931669]Yeah they just stamp a key on your forehead and the back of your right hand.

:wink: :wink:[/QUOTE]

I thought they were implanting the microchips starting this year. :laugh: Hey, they’re reusable! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The microchips are in the resort mug. This will be hooked up to the fountain drinks to keep people from reusing them on return visits.

duck and cover