Park Series Number 2!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, i am proud to present the newest series in Vinylmation, PARK SERIES 2!!! As some of you may know, i am currently in the middle of a disney vacation i had just finished my third run on Tower of Terror and noticed the new park series collection in the glass!!! I got one and it was mickey wearing the old yellow rain poncho with mickey on the back! It warms my heart whenever i see it. I have also discovered the mystery vinylmation, does anybody know? I shall give you a hint, it’s a dog. Trust me they dont call me vinylmationman for nothing!http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/wdw_vinylmation.html

Ah, cute. Post pictures!

I don’t know much about this but I’m interested to see if my DD would want them. I like the flounder and toy story alien one. If you get one you don’t like can you trade them and if so with who?

Yeah, I’m not into this series AT ALL. I am going to hold out for the next series, I think it’s going to be holiday themed.

I just looked at the all the pictures again and LITERALLY, the only one I like from the 3" dolls is the wood looking one with Dopey on one ear & Grumpy on the other. That’s it. I really DO love the big 9" BTMRR one but I don’t collect 9" figures and I refuse to start. now. :laugh:

Ehh… Well i dont think it works like that. I’m not sure if its like pins. I wouldn’t pay 10.00 for something that i would trade. But to be Honest i really dont know if people would trade them. I can direct you to an expert in all things vinylmation, WishUponAStar. Vinylmation is a new cool Disney merchandise series from the art of disney. Quote from back of box LOL:Vinylmation is a new collectible vinyl series featuring original designs from Disney Theme Park Merchandise. Available at Disney Theme Park Mercahndise locations. Vinylmation is Available in 3" and 9" sizes. 3"= 10.00 9"= 40+. Each 3" package contains 1 of 12 different designs from one of our unique themed collections. Vinylmation is a great new Disney COLLECTIBLE.

Thanks for that info.to be honest if its any thing like the pins I doubt my DD would keep it nice. I would hate to pay all that money for the dog to eat it when it is laying on the bedroom floor:laugh:

Tink, I was in both DL & WDW soon after the whole Vinylmation craze started. In the gallery stores there were actually ‘traders’ STANDING IN THE STORE waiting for new guests to buy & open their purchases, hoping for a trade. I was approached 3 times before walking out of the store. So, if this is STILL the case you’d probably have a good chance at trading with another guest.

Oh… Thanks for that info… Sounds interesting… I was just talking to Madison about this and she was looking at the pics picking out which ones she wanted… I had to tell her it was a mystery but I dont think she grasped the idea:laugh:

Well, that’s about how much real Disney pins cost, and people trade them. It’s like a sport. I have no interest in pins, though. The Vinylmation figures look cute, though (also looks like something else to junk up my desk/room :laugh:).

But since you’re buying these blind, I’m sure people are going to be trading. (That’s why I don’t really get pin trading… why buy something if you don’t like it enough to keep it? This makes more sense to me.)

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;965269]Well, that’s about how much real Disney pins cost, and people trade them. It’s like a sport. I have no interest in pins, though. The Vinylmation figures look cute, though (also looks like something else to junk up my desk/room :laugh:).

But since you’re buying these blind, I’m sure people are going to be trading. (That’s why I don’t really get pin trading… why buy something if you don’t like it enough to keep it? This makes more sense to me.)[/QUOTE]

I never really understood pin trading also but we love it. Its give us a chance to chat up with other Disney lovers

My DD bought two while there last week. She got the Ariel one and the fish one that had the rocks on the feet like s fish bowl.

So far i have these ones in this series…

I don’t know how i will get the rest without going on eBay now.

On our trip in April our DS6 was interested in them, and although $10 is a little steep for something that you don’t get to see what you are buying (as opposed to pins), we let him purchase one. He got the black one with the green face on the back. A good one for a boy, and he was thrilled with it. We too inquired with the CM’s about trading etc if you get two the same and they said that while Disney is not conducting trading, there are many people who stand around the purchase area scoping out new purchases and looking to make a trade. However, we never had anyone approach us or ever saw anyone standing around looking to make a trade.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;965269]Well, that’s about how much real Disney pins cost, and people trade them. It’s like a sport. I have no interest in pins, though. The Vinylmation figures look cute, though (also looks like something else to junk up my desk/room :laugh:).

But since you’re buying these blind, I’m sure people are going to be trading. (That’s why I don’t really get pin trading… why buy something if you don’t like it enough to keep it? This makes more sense to me.)[/QUOTE]

No you buy the ones you DON’T like to trade for cool ones you do! Like hidden Mickey cast member pins. :happy:

We have yet to even SEE a Vinylmation for sale. Each time we go we get the “sorry all sold out!” :pinch:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;965428]No you buy the ones you DON’T like to trade for cool ones you do! Like hidden Mickey cast member pins. :happy:

We have yet to even SEE a Vinylmation for sale. Each time we go we get the “sorry all sold out!” :pinch:[/QUOTE]

:laugh: Ah, well… I suppose I understand the concept, but the activity is a bit too expensive and time-consuming for me. :closedeye

You buy traders on ebay for no more then $1.50/pin . . . then you trade for the good ones! :happy: It is time consuming . . . but it’s also fun to be on the hunt! :ph34r:

I have the entire park series one set, plus an extra, unopened set. Not sure how I feel about this set yet. Unfortunately, I won’t be at WDW again until Sept. They will probably be gone. I think I know how to determine which is which, buy I’m not sure.

I’ll have to think about it and look at the pics some more.

I’d love to hear about the mystery of vinylmation if you wish to share.

You don’t like the animal print one? That’s cool! And the one in the yellow slicker . . . too cute!! If only I could get my hands on ONE, just one! :laugh: