Park Strategies

What are your strageties when going to the Parks? Do you start at the front and work your way to the back? Do you start at the back and work your way to the front? Favorite attractions first? What works for you when hitting the parks? :pirate:

We’re pretty straight forward when we visit MK; we start with the front and work our way towards the back. At AK we will head towards Everest, Tough to be a Bug or Dinosaur first. The only park that we will go towards the back first is Epcot and that is after the first visit; Spaceship Earth is always our first ride when we first visit Epcot.

In MK we head for our favorite ride first (Haunted Mansion). After that we get a fastpass for the one we really want to ride that day, the rest we just wing it. The fastpass and wingin it continues for the rest of the parks We like to stay relaxed, it take the fun out of it otherwise.

For all parks, we always head to the left, hitting each park counter-clockwise. Not sure if we are trying to go opposite of the majority, or if it just feels right that way.

I walk in and just do whatever feels natural usually after jumping up and down with joy something catches my attention and from then I just wonder :biggrin:

I hate to be on a schedule when I am on vacation, so my strategy is usually walk in the gate, look at each other and say “what do you want to do first?” :laugh: I know that would drive some people crazy, but a schedule while on vacation drives me crazy! :pinch:

Well last time we went we stopped in at MK just after we checked in. My dh had never been on the race cars and it was going to close for rehab the next day so we ran and did that first.

Other then that time it always depends on the time of day and our mood. Usually big rides first before they get busy and then everything else. I’m always a go to the left kind of person but they usually have that part closed during extra morning hours because everyone usually goes to the right so they keep those rides (to the left) closed a little longer.

ummm, I have written that somewhere, don’t want to bore people more than I have to so here goes
At the end of Main Street we turn left past the CP and into Adventureland. We do every ride or attraction all the way around the park in that clockwise fashion. We leave out
any carousels along the way. We also skip ‘It’s a small world’,brrrrrrr.

Since we go when we go, there are never any lines at any ride, so sometimes we back track and do an attraction or a ride a second time.
But really, when you spend 7 or 8 nights there, you know this won’t be the only time you’ll be at this particular park. There’s never the sense of urgency that I would feel during busy season.

At MK, we always go left and head back to btmrr and splash. Then we work our way around clockwise. At AK, we do EE first and then decide where to go from there. At HS, it’s TSM followed by ToT and RnRC. At Epcot, it varies. We always get a fastpass for Soarin’, but then we don’t really have a plan. We never really discuss what we’re doing beforehand, I think it’s just habit to do what we do!

At EPCOT, we hurry to Soarin’ first because even during the quiet season, that ride is always busy. Then we back track a tiny bit and do everything along the way except for Test Track, blah. Of course we love the Showcase and only leave out Mexico -for some reason that pavilion does not appeal to me. And then, last ride before exiting the park
Spaceship Earth, yay!

We give the maps to the kids and let them pick. We slightly alter their route along the way for fastpass, or for extravagant line-ups or for a lunch break. But mostly we just give them the lead and we follow!

[QUOTE=Dopey;1022084]At EPCOT, we hurry to Soarin’ first because even during the quiet season, that ride is always busy. Then we back track a tiny bit and do everything along the way except for Test Track, blah. Of course we love the Showcase and only leave out Mexico -for some reason that pavilion does not appeal to me. And then, last ride before exiting the park
Spaceship Earth, yay![/QUOTE]

:heart: Mexico!! :wub:

We also always start on the left of the park, we have a routine but also love to go were we want when we want. I think that’s the fun of it all doing whatcha want:simba:

We always start at the front of every park, even though the guide books always tell you to do otherwise to avoid lines, its just our habit!

Me! You’re talking about me! That would make me insane. :laugh:

And it’s not a schedule, it’s a plan of attack. :biggrin: For MK, it’s a complicated dance of gathering Fastpasses for Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain, and riding both of them. Then heading back to Splash Mountain and Big Thunder.

For Epcot, someone hustles to fetch FPs for Soarin’, everyone else heads Test Track.

As for the other parks, there’s nothing set… but I do know that before we go through the gate, we know exactly what we’re going to do.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1022132]Me! You’re talking about me! That would make me insane. :laugh:

And it’s not a schedule, it’s a plan of attack. :biggrin: For MK, it’s a complicated dance of gathering Fastpasses for Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain, and riding both of them. Then heading back to Splash Mountain and Big Thunder.

For Epcot, someone hustles to fetch FPs for Soarin’, everyone else heads Test Track.

As for the other parks, there’s nothing set… but I do know that before we go through the gate, we know exactly what we’re going to do.[/QUOTE]

I’m right there with you. Plan of attack is a good way to put it!

With us, we hit favorites or must do’s first, then pretty much just wander…

We get our derrieres out of bed no matter how tired we are from travel, parks, etc and hit the park with early am hours. We have found this to be a tremendous advantage for multiple favorite rides, good seating at popular restaurants, less crowds, crowdless shopping, etc. If you hit the back of the park with early am hours you save a lot of time to relax and enjoy other crowded activities.

I have a different one for each park…hope you have time…lol

MK: I head immediately to Fantasy land and ride the attractions in this order: Pooh, Peter and Phillarhamgic…then I run over and do Buzz…after buzz I run across the park and do Splash mountain, pirates and then maybe jungle cruise and end with hanuted mansion…I can get all this in by noon no matter which time of year I go. After we are done with the above, we either eat lunch in the park or head out (shopping our way out of course) for a break.

Epcot:
We run to soarin and grab a FP then ride it, head to living with the seas and do everything, go back and ride Soarin again and then do the countries…I ride nothing else in Epcot…lol

AK:
Grabe FP for EE, ride EE, ride EE, ride EE until the crowds build and then get another FP for later on, do the animal trails, maybe the safari and then EE…lol Rainforest for lunch, shop and leave for a break.

HS:…ok this is serious business for me…I run to TSM and grab a FP, ride TSM and run to RnR, ride RnR and grab a FP when my TSM window opens, ride TOT, ride TSM, ride RnR, grab another FP for later, ride TOT, grab a FP for TOT when the RnR window opens…grab lunch…do muppets and whatever else…maybe TOT and RnR some more…depends on the mood…lol

oooops, :redface: