Park Strollers

Do any of the 4 parks have cup holders on their strollers?

Thanks.

Lisa

they all have some kind of mesh pockets on the back for cups/jackets, etc. There are not the hard plastic trays, or “car like” cup holders though… But there is something…

The shock to us this year was that the double stroller was $31/day. Luckily DD is 8, we will bring an umbrella stroller with us when DS goes for sure.

There are no cup holders to speak of on the strollers, just the mesh bag as mentioned above. And, at the new cost of $31 per day, I think it should come with a nanny to push the stroller all day! This trip is the first time we are bringing our stroller with us, for FREE, and it has 2 cup holders!!:laugh:

Sorry to hijack slightly, but $31??? Ridiculous! I may even be taking my “mack daddy” stroller as I call it (the mid size Graco one). At least DD will be comfy then.

Yeh, the price shot up in April. It’s $31 a day, but $27 a day if you rent for more than one day and pay-in-full in advance.

At $458 a day, I’ll take my own. :laugh:

wow, that is a lot. i am debating the stroller issue. DD5 will most likely need a rest, so i gotta bring something. and it’s nice to have to hold the stuff!! but, DD8 really is too big for a stroller (well, she is tiny, but makes the double stroller hard to push), but she’ll get tired too i’m sure. DD5 hates sharing her stroller, i gotta get some system for sharing down, so it’s not issue there! i only have 12312984738327days to do it. well, feels that long till my next trip anyway!

no matter, we will not be renting a stroller - way too much of an expense!

$31 a day! :eek:I just spit out my tea! I know everyone talked about them being expensive, but that’s insane!!!

I too have been debating the stroller issue.

My DS is 4 (today!) and he does like to walk but I just know in the parks he is gonna want to sit.

Ty is about 45 lbs. He does have a big SUV of a stroller for home, zoo etc. but I just dread traveling with that on the busses.

I am shopping around for a umbrealla stroller that would be cheaper than the $50 bucks I would spend (I was thinking of doing a length of stay single rental, but only get the 4 days that we are gonna be in the parks. Thats gonna be about $50.) But they look WAY too small/uncomfortable.

Does anyone know of a good, strong, light, easy to fold stroller that holds more than 50 lbs and is less than $50?

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;874209]

Does anyone know of a good, strong, light, easy to fold stroller that holds more than 50 lbs and is less than $50?

Lisa[/QUOTE]

i would love to see if anyone knows of one too!

we have “modified” our stroller for DD to use in Dec. (she weighs 43lbs.) but i am afraid we are going to break one of the axles because she really does exceed the weight limit for it…by almost 20lbs!!:eek:

I’m debating whether to bring a stroller this trip for DD3, also (leaving in 24 days). We’ve always rented in the past just for the convenience of not having to haul them onto the buses, but the prices are beyond outrageous at this point IMO, even for WDW.

One thing I’m considering is buying a gently used Maclaren or Chicco from Craigslist - the umbrella type that folds up very compactly and is very light but also has plenty of cushion for the little ones, reclines, and has a basket and cup holder. I’ve found a couple for around $40-50 - the question is whether it will be worth it to have to drive over and check them out since they are used, or just bite the bullet and fork out the loads of dough to rent. A new Maclaren or Chicco would set you back easily $150.

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;874209]I too have been debating the stroller issue.

My DS is 4 (today!) and he does like to walk but I just know in the parks he is gonna want to sit.

Ty is about 45 lbs. He does have a big SUV of a stroller for home, zoo etc. but I just dread traveling with that on the busses.

I am shopping around for a umbrealla stroller that would be cheaper than the $50 bucks I would spend (I was thinking of doing a length of stay single rental, but only get the 4 days that we are gonna be in the parks. Thats gonna be about $50.) But they look WAY too small/uncomfortable.

Lisa[/QUOTE]

Have you tried a used Maclaren? I don’t know exactly how to spell it, but I know people rave about them. There is another brand that is supposed to be very lightweight as well, can’t recall that name either. I am sure someone will chime in.

But, more importantly, Happy 4th Birthday to Tyler!

oops, just noticed TinkerMel’s post! She beat me to it.:redface:

I had the same problems for our May trip. DS4 is 50 lbs.
I decided to buy the Maclaren Triumph Stroller ($175). I know it is very expensive, but OMG - I adore this stroller. It is so light, and folds very easy (and small). DS loves it too…he is very comfy in it. This is a very highly recommended stroller here at MB, that is why I bought it.

The weight limit is 55 lbs, but I think it could hold a bit more…I’m hoping it will last him for a few more Disney trips. I figure I will be saving lots of money over the long run (since the prices are so high now). Plus it is more comfy.

Good luck!!

[QUOTE=Tinker Mel;874249]I’m debating whether to bring a stroller this trip for DD3, also (leaving in 24 days). We’ve always rented in the past just for the convenience of not having to haul them onto the buses, but the prices are beyond outrageous at this point IMO, even for WDW.

One thing I’m considering is buying a gently used Maclaren or Chicco from Craigslist - the umbrella type that folds up very compactly and is very light but also has plenty of cushion for the little ones, reclines, and has a basket and cup holder. I’ve found a couple for around $40-50 - the question is whether it will be worth it to have to drive over and check them out since they are used, or just bite the bullet and fork out the loads of dough to rent. A new Maclaren or Chicco would set you back easily $150.[/QUOTE]

I have a MacLaren and I love it. Yes we paid alot of money for it, if you could find a used one I would buy that. They make great Strollers. The Chicco my sil has is not as good. It’s really bulky too. I would go and look at the used ones. They make such good strollers that I’m sure they will be fine.

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely take a look at the ones on craigslist now.

I have two Maclarens and love them, too! I have a Double Twin Techno and a single Quest. When I go to WDW, I bring my double! My son will be 7 on our next trip and I can GUARANTEE he will be sitting in that stroller more than my 3 year old! :laugh: As far as singles go, the Quest is GREAT and extremely light and pushes like a DREAM!!! You won’t be disappointed!

I bought my Maclaren Double on ebay brand new, never used…for $160. It was the model from the year before, though. The stroller retailed for well over $300. I think you can find deals on ebay or Craig’s list…just keep looking.

GOOD LUCK!

I have never used a McLaren, but we have a Chicco stroller that we adore. It has been to WDW with us 3 times and will be with us for our next trip next month. It was $69 brand new, has a 5 point restraint, has 3 reclining positions, a big basket, large canopy and it came with a rain cover. It probably has 150,000 miles on it, but the wheels are still in great shape. I would definitely recommend a Chicco, it has paid for itself 5 times over!!

What is the model name of the Chicco? I have been looking for a McLaren but I can not find one on Craigs List.

Thanks

Lisa

[QUOTE=lovemysons;874268]

But, more importantly, Happy 4th Birthday to Tyler!

oops, just noticed TinkerMel’s post! She beat me to it.:redface:[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! He had a great day!

Lisa