Parking

I’m asking this question for my brother because we don’t drive at WDW. He wants to know if he is at DAK and wants to hop over to another park, what would happen if his car is left there after closing?

I am thinking that would be bad and no bus would run back there? If he wants to start at DAK then I’m guessing he should drive to the next park when leaving? Will his parking payment for that park go with him for the whole day to other parks?

Thanks for your help!

I would suggest he drive to the next park. It’s typically a little faster that way anyway. No waiting for the bus. Just get in your car and drive!

The fee paid for parking works for every park that same day. Just make sure he keeps the receipt to show the CM at the next park.

It’s a good way. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Your worst case scenario is you speak with a Disney Transport supervisor, and they should be able to drive you back to your car.
The daily parking fee allows guests to park in any main theme park lot as many times as the want or need for that day.
If you are staying on property, your parking is part of your benefits of staying in a Disney hotel. That said, there is the bus system to take you to and from your hotel which allows you to leave the car behind.
Also, in the case of AK, I believe that due to its early closing time (5 PM much of the year), the AKL bus will also serve the AK parking lot after hours, but I’m only about 80% certain of this.

[QUOTE=jk8;1093285]I’m asking this question for my brother because we don’t drive at WDW. He wants to know if he is at DAK and wants to hop over to another park, what would happen if his car is left there after closing?

I am thinking that would be bad and no bus would run back there? If he wants to start at DAK then I’m guessing he should drive to the next park when leaving? Will his parking payment for that park go with him for the whole day to other parks?

Thanks for your help![/QUOTE]

The buses run back and forth to DAK up to two hours after closing. I had success with driving to my park for the day and just driving to my “hop” park. The parking trams run constantly, so it doesn’t matter how far away you park. You can also suggest he park his car at the park he intends to end his day with. This will take more valuable park than it’s worth however. Honestly, he should just drive to each park. It really doesnt matter what time of day you arrive unless you are there Christmas week.

Thanks, he is staying off property for a conference. I will tell him to just drive to the next park to save time and avoid any complications.

Or Marathon weekend…which also makes it hard to get around.