Parks Are Packed!

I know a lot of you on this board like to be updated on how crowds look down here. I know its February, which is usually a slow time for us, but for some reason, this past week has been chaotic with guest flow!

We’ve extended our park hours, have had 2 performances of DEP every night at MK, and other things ame a few. I’ve been trying all week to think of everything contributing to this massive guest movement. Between Presidents Day and Mardi Gras, I can’t think of many more things. Free Dining is done. In fact, we’ve raised our restaurant prices to peak-season prices for the time being.

If its this busy during a “slow” time, I can’t imagine how Spring Break will be in the next few weeks!

Great. Just tell everyone to go home before I get there. It can be busy the rest of the year! Glad for their bottom line, and I hope that they continue to make improvements on everything!

Can you give us an update on how it is changes next week? Thanks.

Rowdy, is there a lot of over seas guests visiting this time of year?

Oy. Scratch off another slow month…

I have friends who live up North who are there for Winter Break so I think that may be a lot of the reason it is busy.

The thought of Spring Break / Easter crowds makes me feel a little queesy!

Here in the Northeast its February break (we have a week in February and a week in April, rather than 2 weeks Spring break).

My guess is that is what you are seeing. . .we would never go to Disney during February break (cuz we know how many are going from up here!)
:laugh:

Crowd predictions had been 10 of 10 for this week for a while now. Between the holiday, the half-marathon and the Daytona race a lot of people were projected to be at the parks this week. Room prices were reflecting that as well. This week was much higher than the next two way back in December when I was booking. Next week should calm down just in time for our visit. :slight_smile:

Must be partly because of the Washington’s Birthday/President Day holiday.
I have an app on my phone to check wait times and I swear not 10 days ago, all of the parks had the shortest wait times ever.
Toy Story had wait times under 40 minutes and so did Soarin’!!!

Magic, when I was a school kid, we got one week for Easter, not two. There was no spring break for K-12. In February, we got the 12th for Lincoln and the 22nd for Washington. That’s how things were in Jersey in the 70’s.
School kids don’t need 14 straight days off during the year!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1102811] …
School kids don’t need 14 straight days off during the year![/QUOTE]

They also do not need 3 months off in summer. Just sayin’.

Ok, now back to your usually scheduled program

Isn’t the one more Disney day promotion going on now? If I am not mistaken, you received a free night with any package over three nights. You should keep seeing those crowds until Mid-march and then again over Spring break. Let them all get it out of their systems so August is nice and slow for me.:laugh:

I am all for everyone going during the first 11 months of the year. Everyone stay home starting December 1 . thank you!

No… they are there this week and next, so they will not be there the first week of March. Just saying. I need to go down to report on the construction zone, weather, and the pandemonium that may or not break out when you mix the flower and garden festival with Fast pass changes…

My detective skills are ready to go!

[QUOTE=Dopey;1102840]They also do not need 3 months off in summer. Just sayin’.

Ok, now back to your usually scheduled program[/QUOTE]

We didn’t get 3 months off. We got about 10 weeks, basically the last couple days of June, all of July and August, and however much of September that comes before Labor Day.

Then again, I oppose school systems that cut back to half days and four day weeks. Our kids are already being shortchanged where their education is concerned, let’s not make it any worse.
And parents, time for you to get back to being fully involved in your child’s education, starting with making sure homework is done!

NOW we can return to our regularly scheduled program.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1102840]They also do not need 3 months off in summer. Just sayin’.

Ok, now back to your usually scheduled program[/QUOTE]

the contrian in me says that life’s lessons don’t just include the school days,but l everyday,school is just a part of it,the reason we feel that way about school now is as agroup we feel that some of our kids today are being short changed ,while at school and that ends in our belief that they should spend more time there,we had 12 weeks in summer,2 weeks at christmas,one winter break,one spring break and got of school the first week in june…but while we were in school we accomplished what needed to be done…sorry for the digression,its the system that is not working like it used too…disney is part of todays learning experience for kids and adults …

Wow! That was a lot of holidays. We had a week at Christmas, a week at Easter and two months in the summer, July and August. And, funny, we called them “Christmas” holidays and “Easter” holidays and no one got into a tizzy.

When I was in K-12 school, we got from Dec 24 to Jan 1 for Christmas.
We got Good Friday and the following week for Easter.
We got two days for Thanksgiving because it falls on Thursday.
We got Election Day because my schools in both Brooklyn and Clifton were polling places, and again, in NJ, it was statewide. During that week we would also get off Thursday and Friday so that the teachers could have their annual whatever it was in Frantic City. We got Veteran’s Day too. So no matter what, during the first 12 days of November, we had 4 days off although Election Week was not 5 straight days in a row off as we were in class on Monday and Wednesday and again the next Monday if Vet’s Day was Tuesday.
After 1967 we got off the Jewish high holy days, well at least the first day of Rosh Hashanah as well as Yom Kippur, but none of the others. And there are a whole bunch of holidays for the first month of the Jewish year!
That leaves Columbus Day, Lincoln’s B’day, Washington’s B’day, and Memorial Day. There was no MLK holiday in the 70’s.
They also set aside 5 snow days every year and if they weren’t used, we’d break for the summer a few days earlier.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1102908]When I was in K-12 school, we got from Dec 24 to Jan 1 for Christmas.
We got Election Day because my schools in both Brooklyn and Clifton were polling places, and again, in NJ, it was statewide. During that week we would also get off Thursday and Friday so that the teachers could have their annual whatever it was in Frantic City. We got Veteran’s Day too. So no matter what, during the first 12 days of November, we had 4 days off although Election Week was not 5 straight days in a row off as we were in class on Monday and Wednesday and again the next Monday if Vet’s Day was Tuesday.
After 1967 we got off the Jewish high holy days, well at least the first day of Rosh Hashanah as well as Yom Kippur, but none of the others. And there are a whole bunch of holidays for the first month of the Jewish year!
That leaves Columbus Day, Lincoln’s B’day, Washington’s B’day, and Memorial Day. There was no MLK holiday in the 70’s.
They also set aside 5 snow days every year and if they weren’t used, we’d break for the summer a few days earlier.[/QUOTE]

oops I got off track there but my intent was to show that education of an individual is not just time spent in schools,today as always life’s lessons are in evrything we do, which continues our life’s lessons…EVEN DISNEY

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1102908]When I was in K-12 school, we got from Dec 24 to Jan 1 for Christmas.
They also set aside 5 snow days every year and if they weren’t used, we’d break for the summer a few days earlier.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is sort of fun.

Let’s see - we got a long weekend, second week of October for Thanksgiving. In November we got the 11th off, AFTER attending morning Remembrance Day services at the school - if you didn’t attend you’d be marked “absent” and everyone would look at you and your family with shock and horror! December - holidays usually started on Christmas Eve and you went back day after New Year’s. Two days off for “Teacher’s Convention” in February, March/April - Easter Holidays, starting on Good Friday and through the next week. May - the weekend closest to the 24th for Victoria Day (Queen Victoria’s birthday was May 24) - this is when we would set off fireworks. June 30th - school’s out for 2 months, back to school after Labour Day.