Passholders

Maybe I should know this answer, but I don’t!! As a annual pass holder, do you get extra magic hours or do you also have to be a resort guest?

Good question, I believe you have to be a resort guest, we always have to show our room card.

That’s only extended to resort guests. You have to show your room keys at all EMHs now.

Room key is needed to get in for morning hour and to stay after hours wristband.

Once the new RFID bracelets are in full swing I understand the resort guests will get them for free and non-resort guests will be able to purchase them. If one of the purposes of this bracelet is to eliminate the need to carry room keys how will CM’s know the difference? In the mornings it will show once they scan to enter the park, but at night will scanning be needed to access each attraction like flashing the room key is now? That would be quite time consuming if so.

Hopefully they think of something. EMH is the one perk left I enjoy as a resort guest. I am thinking they already have a plan. I will be testing out the bands in September. I will let you know.

I’m worried we won’t have to worry about Extra Magic Hours because Disney will phase them out once the new technology is up and running.

We’re already down to half of the number of EMH we used to have and evening EMH are down to two hours. I’m guessing all these slow changes are leading to EMH being totally eliminated down the road. I hope I’m wrong about this.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1136127]I’m worried we won’t have to worry about Extra Magic Hours because Disney will phase them out once the new technology is up and running.

We’re already down to half of the number of EMH we used to have and evening EMH are down to two hours. I’m guessing all these slow changes are leading to EMH being totally eliminated down the road. I hope I’m wrong about this.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about eliminating the EMH too…we don’t use them-we go to a different park where it’s usually less crowded-but I know a lot of people rely on the EMH…

I am surprised they aren’t cutting back park hours altogether. From a marketing standpoint, people would still go to WDW if they were not open until midnight or longer…and they would save on salaries…but I guess they would lose on concessions and dining…

I don’t think they could cut the park hours back any more then they have without cutting fireworks, parades and other stuff people will feel robbed if they missed.

I’m very nervous about these bands. I don’t do technology well - and I don’t understand the concept. I guess I’ll figure it out in Sept.

I was just thinking back about 20+ years ago when the MK ( for ex.) was only open late on a Friday or Sat. When we first started going, it closed every night at 7PM…except the weekend or special days…

You are right that now people wouldn’t “stand” for this, but I do remembering planning to be there at least one night that it was open until later for the evening parade and fireworks. We planned around the hours the parks were projected to be open.

I actually think it made people plan to be there more days just to be sure that Illuminations and MK fireworks were “happening”.

It sure is nice now, though to know we aren’t forced out at 7PM from the MK at least…do they ever even close the MK at 7PM? It hasn’t when we have been there for years…Epcot at 8 I think but not the MK…I can’t remember what time DHS closes regularly…(and I know AK isn’t open late)

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1136127]I’m worried we won’t have to worry about Extra Magic Hours because Disney will phase them out once the new technology is up and running.

We’re already down to half of the number of EMH we used to have and evening EMH are down to two hours. I’m guessing all these slow changes are leading to EMH being totally eliminated down the road. I hope I’m wrong about this.[/QUOTE]

They’ve already cut out emh at the waterparks. We never used that perk anyway since it was only in the am. If they stayed open a little later in the eve we may have. I always thought 6pm was too early to stop swimming.

…one of the reasons we have not been to the waterparks in years and years is that we don’t want to take a whole day out of our visit—but would love to go there late in the day. Every time I have checked for hours they have closed at 5 or 6 even in the summer. I understand they don’t want the evening shadows to get in the way of safety perhaps, but they could at least leave them open until 8 in the summer months when it’s light out later…

We always planned our waterpark day on EMH just to get a jump on a couple of slides. I was disappointed when they were eliminated this summer but we still went and still had a good time. EMH is the biggest perk we use, I really hope it isn’t completely cut when all the FP+ things roll out.

I agree and I think the waterparks used to stay open later years ago.

we are doing a early day at one of them in September… then plan on ddd for Disney quest and dinner at raglan rd for drinks and music.

Hollywood Studios normally closes at 7:30pm in the off season and 9:30pm in the peak or busier times. I was happy to see them doing Fantasmic a little more often as they had cut that back there for a bit. The Water Parks used to be 8pm, but I guess they weren’t getting the traffic there to justify it? I am not sure what happened with that.

The waterparks are open until 8 in the summer, at least in July when we normally go. We always go in the morning and leave by 3 but I bet it isn’t too crowded between 6 & 8.

…they must set the hours different daily…last August when we were there, the water parks were not open until 8…i checked because we considered going one afternoon, but decided since they closed at 6 it wasn’t worth the cost…

…we were there as the “value season” started so perhaps they drop back the hours mid August…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1136182]…they must set the hours different daily…last August when we were there, the water parks were not open until 8…i checked because we considered going one afternoon, but decided since they closed at 6 it wasn’t worth the cost…

…we were there as the “value season” started so perhaps they drop back the hours mid August…[/QUOTE]

It looks like the waterpark hours get cut back the middle of August when kids start going back to school. Starting August 18 the waterparks start closing at 7 through Labor Day weekend.