Passporter 2005/2006

Anyone know if there’s any major differences between the 2005 and 2006 editions? We have the 2005 one from our trip last year and found it to be very helpful. Does it pay to get the 2006 edition or will it be pretty much the same? Thanks.

I want to say there is not that much of a difference between the two. Some things in the book, such as the 90 day ADR rule and the number of points each restaurant counts are wrong since Disney has changed the rules since the book came out. I would buy it again, because I use the pages in the back. Really it is up to you.

The 2006 is in color!!! That’s a huge difference, I think!! They also have the updated Magic Your Way ticket pricing (I think in the 2005 edition I have they were still describing the park hopper ticket system), extra magic hour descriptions (though Disney is always tinkering with the schedule and it has changed a bit from what’s in my 2006 edition), and descriptions of new attractions. The hotel information also seems more robust to me.

I’d buy the 2006–it’s a lot more fun to look at than the 2005.

I agree with both Cincy and Bali, oddly enough! Color is the major change - which is very nice. Some things are properly updated, others aren’t since the book has to go to press long before it’s actually on store shelves. IIRC, they added ‘Teen Tips’ to the ride descriptions this year since their oldest daughter is now a teenager, but I don’t think that was a big deal.

I’m sure that I could’ve made due by just buying a new set of pockets, but I bought the whole thing anyway. I didn’t really need to, but I don’t regret it.

Bruce