Paying for the resort

My plan is to pay for our resort stay with my debit card. I will get paid mid vacation and that amount will cover our stay.

Wondering if this will work. . .when they swipe my card at the beginning of the stay, there will not be enough money in my account to cover the hotel stay :ohmy: but by mid stay there will be. Will this work?

Well, we always pay for our dining plan with my debit card at check-in & I have to be honest with you… it always posts to my account almost instantly. My bank is Washington Mutual (well now Chase) but if it were me I’d try to figure out a way to pull the money from somewhere else to make sure it’s covered then do a transfer when you get paid. Like take the money out of saving & put it in the checking account where your debit card is linked to THEN transfer the money from your paycheck that you took and put it back into savings. Or whatever, you get what I’m saying, right? :laugh:

I’m with Wish on this one. Do you have a credit card? Most banks have some kind of online bill pay. You should be able to pay for the resort with the credit card and then use bill-pay to pay off the card as soon as you return…

A debit card when swiped will post to your account immediately. No matter which bank issued the card. Maybe you want to stuff your checking account before handing over your card.
Or, let them have your credit card number when checking in and then hand them the debit card for payment when you check out.
They will not charge your credit card only use it to guarantee payment.

Thanks. I will gurantee with credit card and then pay with debit. Thanks!

[QUOTE=Jen in Maine;1002668]My plan is to pay for our resort stay with my debit card. I will get paid mid vacation and that amount will cover our stay.

Wondering if this will work. . .when they swipe my card at the beginning of the stay, there will not be enough money in my account to cover the hotel stay :ohmy: but by mid stay there will be. Will this work?[/QUOTE]BIG problem here! Sorry to say, but it is a big problem.

You are staying at a Disney resort, right? I’m assuming you booked a room-only reservation. I assume this because if you booked a package, your ENTIRE amount is due IN FULL no later that 45 days prior to your arrival.

So you booked a room-only reservation at a Disney owned-and-operated resort. Here is your problem: the full amount of your stay (the room rate) is due AT CHECK-IN. Disney doesn’t collect your money at the end of your stay (like most hoteliers do), they collect it before they hand you your room key. If you can’t pay in-full at the moment of check-in, then you won’t get your room. They won’t wait until the middle or end of your hotel stay to get paid by you.

There is no such thing at Disney as “guaranteeing with a credit card.” In fact, Disney is one of the only hoteliers in the country that doesn’t require a credit card (or anything else) as a deposit or to have “on file” or “for security” or “for incidentals” or anything like that. No plastic required at check-in … againm this is VERY different from most other places in the USA.

I’m sorry to share the bad news, but I thought you’d want the info so you can make the necessary plans.

Thank you. Guess I am paying with a credit card and then paying off the balance. Now I have to be good and not spend the money on Disney “stuff” during the vacation - that will be hard! :cool: