Peanut butter in food courts

can you find peanut butter in the food courts?

I know you can find it in the gift shops.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it in the individual size packages, just like with jam/jelly, near the condiments and napkins.

Can’t you just take your own jar? Or even some of those little Jif tubs they sell in a 6 pk? They have individual servings. Btw…as of July 08 I didn’t see any at POFQ, but I wasn’t looking for them also…

Actually, the staff does a pretty good job of cleaning up after messy guests.:laugh:

(I have seen individual Smuckers peanut butters with jellies and jams used for toast)

I really enjoy peanut butter on my toast in the morning… If for sure there are some in the food court next to the jam or if at least I can buy some at the gift shop then I won’t bother to bring a jar from home.
Thanks!

those little Jif tubs they sell in a 6 pk? They have individual servings.
We don’t have that up here!!! I’m from Quebec:ohmy:

I have seen them for sale at some food courts and at some it’s with the jelly and such. I think it may depend on the level of resort. But I haven’t been to that many to do a complete study. :laugh:

[QUOTE=peanuts_017;993739]I really enjoy peanut butter on my toast in the morning… If for sure there are some in the food court next to the jam or if at least I can buy some at the gift shop then I won’t bother to bring a jar from home.
Thanks!

those little Jif tubs they sell in a 6 pk? They have individual servings.
We don’t have that up here!!! I’m from Quebec:ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Bonjour peanuts! I’m in Wpg. (boy - you must really LOVE peanuts.:laugh:) You can find those little 6 packs of peanut butter in Costco. I think it’s Kraft, though, not Jif. As for food courts - you’ll find peanut butter packs with the jam packs. (I knew you were from Canada as soon as you used the word “jam” instead of “preserves”:happy:)

There’s actually at least four levels of fruit based spreads.
Jams, jellies, marmalade, and preserves. There is a “newer” thing called “fruit spreads”.
Grape seems to always be jelly, strawberry always jam, orange always marmalade. Preserves and jams don’t always seem to be the same, at least that’s the way it appears to me.

I am a Canadian living in the US and I swear I was JUST talking about the Jam/jelly/preserves thing today with someone…lol I say Jam…

Too funny.

I am from the south. We simplify some things… For all of it, I call it Jelly- no matter the fruit. Same for cokes (might be a sprite, dr. pepper, or even a pepsi), but we call it coke. for us roads are the only thing that change names. There are roads here that change names- for no reason. I guess we have our own way of doing things.

About the PB- I have seen it in individual packs too…

Have a good trip!

Thanks everyone for your answers.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;993765]There’s actually at least four levels of fruit based spreads.
Jams, jellies, marmalade, and preserves. There is a “newer” thing called “fruit spreads”.
Grape seems to always be jelly, strawberry always jam, orange always marmalade. Preserves and jams don’t always seem to be the same, at least that’s the way it appears to me.[/QUOTE]

I’ve never heard an American call “jam” “jam”. I’ve asked for jam often and always get a blank stare. The same one in get when I ask if they have vinegar. To us “preserves” are preserved whole fruit. You have also missed one fruit based spread - conserves. Conserves are runnier than jam, usually peach or apricot.

I believe I’ve never seen conserves. As for jam, we’ve got a jar of strawberry jam in the fridge right now. Not sure why you’ve never heard Americans call jam jam. They aren’t asking for strawberry jelly. Often is heard “pass the jam”.
But again, there could be regionalism at play here too.

Yeah, we say pass the jelly… Even though the jar might say Strawberry Jam- it is all jelly here in the south…

I guess you’ve heard it a bunch now. I agree with Soundgod. Jam is made from the fruit, Jelly is made with the fruit juice (peel, meat, skin, whatever it is called, is removed), Marmalade includes citrus peel, etc.

Of course, I also call soft drinks “soda” and most people in my part of the US call it “pop”…

I agree with Tiggerific that sums up the differences pretty well. I know they do not it readly open in the food court most likely for people with peanut allergies.
I know though when we go in Oct. I am taking a jar of peanut butter from home for the drive for our girls with a loaf of bread. quick easy snack on the way with no refrig. needed.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;993848]I believe I’ve never seen conserves. As for jam, we’ve got a jar of strawberry jam in the fridge right now. Not sure why you’ve never heard Americans call jam jam. They aren’t asking for strawberry jelly. Often is heard “pass the jam”.
But again, there could be regionalism at play here too.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it is regional… Anyway, I don’t eat too much store jam. I like to get homemade at the Farmer’s Market. I guess because I grew up on homemade jam and jelly and commerical is too sweet for me. We don’t eat much jelly here - unless it’s homemade crabapple. Grape jelly isn’t as popular as it is in the States.

:laugh: Marmalade, jam…what’s that?

It’s jelly…no matter what:laugh:

I am from Maine - close to Canada :laugh: I use Jam or Jelly – For me, jam has chunks of the fruit it in, jelly is smooth.

Anyways, I have seen small packets of peanut butter at the food courts at both CBR and POP. Can’t recall seeing it at Beach Club.