People-watching

I’m posting this admittedly at the risk of sounding like an uncultured Florida brat, OR maybe even kind of a creep…but I promise that is not me, and not where I’m coming from with this! With my husband and I both being from Florida, we’ve found that it can be QUITE amusing and entertaining to observe the random and ridiculous things that people sometimes wear to WDW. I’m guessing that a lot of it just comes from not being used to the hot, humid Florida weather, and maybe not knowing how to pack…but in addition, WDW can really be a cultural melting pot, since people travel to the World [I]from[/I] all over the world…which is a WONDERFUL thing…but with that in mind, sometimes the things you can see there are just amazing.

Case-in-point:

We were pretending to smile for pictures here, because we couldn’t believe our eyes. This one was more nasty than random or ridiculous, but it was definitely incredible.

I guess after you’ve been to the World dozens of times, you find ways to keep it new and fresh. For us, one of those ways has been exploring Hidden Mickeys, and another has been people-watching and pointing out the bizarre.

I’m curious…anyone else people-watch at WDW?? :slight_smile:

Yikes! :pinch:

We love to people watch. But, WOW!!! I almost feel like someone should tell her about that skirt, maybe she has no idea!!:eek:

MY EYES! My eyes! I’m gonna have nightmares

WOW…that’s all I can say to those pics! When I was younger, my cousin and I would get kind of lazy towards the end of our Disney trips. We sometimes found ourselves relaxin on a bench somewhere and couldnt help but start people watchin as people walked by. If you sit long enough you would be amazed at some of the sites you see.

Ummmm… I have always maintained the opinion that there should be dress code police. She cannot stand without showing too much, how does she sit? Is she wearing underwear? I can’t tell. I am going blind. OMG and someone also tell her that bra straps are not and never will be sexy. Just ask Stacy London :wink:

:pinch: Good grief. I always thought wearing any kind of skirt to Disney would be difficult, with all the getting on & off rides, but THAT skirt??? :blink: That would not even exist in my closet, let alone be packed into a Disney suitcase. :laugh:

I shamelessly people-watch all the time, in Disney and everywhere else. :ph34r:

That’s crazy! :eek::blink:

ew ew ew ew ew ew ew :blow: :blow: :blow: :blow:

That is disgusting.

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;968842]:pinch: Good grief. I always thought wearing any kind of skirt to Disney would be difficult, with all the getting on & off rides, but THAT skirt??? :blink: That would not even exist in my closet, let alone be packed into a Disney suitcase. :laugh:

I shamelessly people-watch all the time, in Disney and everywhere else. :ph34r:[/QUOTE]

I do too, that’s why it is so much fun to sit in a Cafe’ on the sidewalk and watch the world and fashions go by :cool:

I’m a people watcher without a doubt…and I have seen some funny things…that one…really takes the cake. I love that you documented it on film! Haha!

I did see a woman at Target the other day wearing a mens “wife beater” (that’s what we call them in SC they could have other names…basically the white ribbed tank top undershirt thing for men) and NOTHING else. She was wearing it as a dress.

[QUOTE=cinderbella;968900]I’m a people watcher without a doubt…and I have seen some funny things…that one…really takes the cake. I love that you documented it on film! Haha!

I did see a woman at Target the other day wearing a mens “wife beater” (that’s what we call them in SC they could have other names…basically the white ribbed tank top undershirt thing for men) and NOTHING else. She was wearing it as a dress.[/QUOTE]

omg… and you can usually see through those!!! :blow: :blow: :blow:

Excuse me while I go get sick!
I do people watch BUT I would have been one. To tell her.

You could see her bra…and her thong…and it was just about as long as the skirt in the picture.

Her two sons were with her too. It was classy.

Oh my dear sweet baby jesus! THAT is frightening. Weren’t other people in her party honest enough to tell her what’s goin’ on in the rear of the theater? :eek:

I must admit to being horrible, I take photos of ALLLLLLL the fashion faux pas I see on vacation. I once got a photo of a dude wearing these horrible running type shorts in AK Park with his twig & berries bouncin’ around like they were on a kiddie Moon Bounce. Not to mention the time that I took a picture of a woman walking alone [no doubt why] who was CLEARLY sans undergarments both North & South. :pinch:

One of Daniel’s FAVORITES of all time was in Disneyland, unfortunately this guest was slightly more cunning, but it was a very manly man wearing a “Sausage Fest” t-shirt. Accourding to the back of the shirt it seemed to be some sort of family reunion but interestingly enough the list had mainly the names of men on the back. :laugh: Daniel was LITERALLY laughing & trying to get a photo of this shirt for about 15 minutes. The dude was fast as lightening. [PS: I think the term ‘sausage fest’ may be an extremely regional thing so Daniel thought this was just hilarious that someone out West wouldn’t think twice before advertising one on a t-shirt]

That is SOOOO true & it’s one of my favorite things to do.:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Usually when I people watch, I look for the cutest families… :laugh: I love to find families in which everyone (parents and kids) are polished. I especially love coordinating children.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;968913]:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Usually when I people watch, I look for the cutest families… :laugh: I love to find families in which everyone (parents and kids) are polished. I especially love coordinating children.[/QUOTE]

BORRRRRING! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hey… when you live in podunk, SC, cute families are difficult to come by. The super cellulite mini, however, is quite common. :laugh:

We also like to observe all of the various “outfits” people wear at Disney. A women got on the bus to go back to our hotel and only had on a tank top and tights like panty hose. My 3 yr. old announced to everyone “that lady doesn’t have on any pants!” During the family parade @ the MK a women marching and playing the tambourine had a foot of toilet paper hanging out of the back of her skirt the entire time. We could not stop laughing!