Personalized Maps of WDW--

Just for the fun of it, I ordered the free personalized maps of the four parks. Has anyone else done this?

They came in the mail today. They are folded but bigger than the map you would get with the guide at each park.

For first timers, this is pretty neat. For those of us who have been many times, they are just pretty to look at.

Just curious what others think…:cool:

I have 3 sets. One that has everything possible checked off just to have as a keepsake, one that has all our fav’s, and the third which was actually our first has everything that we’d ever done at that time.
I like them.

I’m kinda nerdy so I’ve ordered a set every year- it’s fun to keep them with the photo albums from that year’s trip & look back and see which attractions we’ve added & what we’ve eliminated over the years. Plus the kids get a kick out of them ~ they know when they arrive in the mail that Mom & Dad are serious about planning another trip :wub:

…if they weren’t folded, I would consider framing…at least the magic kingdom…I wonder if the folds could be flattened out by heavy books…

None of my friends have ever mentioned getting these…I just happened to notice the option on the website…I’ll see if my daughter wants them…

I have ordered them before. They are so fun!

When the kids were younger we ordered an extra set since one park was on the back of another. We would hang them up before the trip and then pack them to be hung up on the trip for the kids to study what they wanted to ride or see. It also helped them know where everything was.

How long have they offered these? This is the first time I have seen them offered on the website…but then…we only go once every 2-3 years so I don’t plan online as often as some others…

Our DGD still gets our set out to play “Disney World”! They have been lots of fun. As soon as the Fantasy Land expansion is finished I plan to order another set :slight_smile:

…yes the current map of the MK I received shows nothing in that area—understandably—since they don’t know definitely when thi GS are opening…

I hadn’t thought about how much children would like these until several of you mentioned it…I am so out of the loop with children at “the world”…can’t wait until I have GKs to take and plan the trip for…

Woah free personalised maps? where can I get these? :blink:

Are they only for people living in the U.S?

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1113976]Woah free personalised maps? where can I get these? :blink:

Are they only for people living in the U.S?[/QUOTE]

I thought that too Mel, I’ve never seen or heard of them. I bet they are for US residents only:crying:

Yes yes! The American’s get all the cool stuff!

As soon as it says ‘which state do you live in?’ I’m like ’ :crying: none of them!’

Try this link copied from the WDW site:

Disney World Customized Maps | Walt Disney World

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1113976]Woah free personalised maps? where can I get these? :blink:

Are they only for people living in the U.S?[/QUOTE]

…you are too late for this upcoming trips but when you can go online now and maybe they will be waiting for you when you get home?

They are on the Disneyworld website…under planning tools I think…it say personalized maps…:happy:

If you put them on a flat surface and iron them, you can hardly see the fold marks. I didn’t know you could get more than one set though … hmmm.

Use a different name. Order a set for each of the boys.

Ah… I’ve never noticed that on the site before! :laugh:
Thank you guys! I might order some for when we get back!

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1113984]Try this link copied from the WDW site:

Disney World Customized Maps | Walt Disney World[/QUOTE]

Thanks Rich, had a look. They are really great- we in the UK don’t have the option for shipping but we can print our own- thanks for the link:heart:

[QUOTE=xmellymox;1114006]Ah… I’ve never noticed that on the site before! :laugh:
Thank you guys! I might order some for when we get back![/QUOTE]

They don’t ship to here Mel, but couldn’t you order some today and have them shipped to your holiday villa address while you’re in Florida? :happy:

If the map can be saved as a picture or an Adobe pdf file you could save it to a flash stick/portable drive and take it to a local printer and print them out. They will be REALLY SMALL and next to impossible to read on a standard piece of 8.5x11 or 8.5x14 paper from a home printer.

Now if you have access to a large scale printer say at a place of work and along with that a VERY understanding boss/managerr who knows your mind will be a wreck for the next 30 days if you cannot get your maps printed… :laugh: