I’ve been thinking for quite some time now about why Disney doesn’t have a resort that accepts pets under 25 pounds. Especially in DVC units where there is more of a culture of spending time at the resort, versus staying out ALL day in the parks. The Loew’s run hotels in Universal Studios accept pets under 25 pounds & I’ve stayed at several Loews hotels in both NY & LA, there never seemed to be any problems. The rooms are gorgeous & clean. You have to pay a ‘pet surchage’ but I always got the feeling that pets were welcomed & very well taken care of at Lowe’s.
What sparked these thoughts recently is that my MIL, who has ONLY stayed on property in deluxe hotels when in WDW, just booked 3 nights at Universal’s Royal Pacific for the end of this month & then booked 3 more nights at the same hotel in December. She doesn’t want to stay at Universal & she’s not even visiting those parks.
Unfortunately the sitter that she trusts is moving away & they want to bring their two small dogs with them. It just dawned on me that Disney was losing two lifelong guests to a Universal Hotel just because it’s pet friendly. I know it’s just a drop in the bucket for Disney BUT I wonder how come Disney doesn’t create one or allow specific DVC units for it. We stayed in the pet loops before at Fort Wilderness & never heard a peep.
I just took the pet policy from one of Universal’s hotels & I don’t see why Disney couldn’t emmulate:
[U]Loews Loves Pets[/U]; Restrictions apply
- Cleaning fee of $25 will be charged per room (once during the stay)
- No more than two pets may occupy any one guestroom
- Guests arriving with pets will be placed in pet friendly rooms
- Arrangements must be made with housekeeping for daily room cleaning
- Dogs may be walked in designated areas only
- If the dog’s behavior results in complaints by other guests, the owner may be asked to board the dog in an outside shelter
- Pets are not allowed in the pool/lounge or restaurant areas
- Pet friendly rooms include:
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: Non-smoking Garden View & Bay View rooms only.
Hard Rock Hotel: Non-smoking Garden and Non-smoking Pool view only.
Loews Royal Pacific Resort: NON-smoking standard rooms only.
*Club rooms do not participate in the program
*Your pet(s) should have all recommended vaccinations currently up-to-date, and you agree to obtain and provide current records from a licensed veterinarian regarding your pet(s) should Loews Hotels request this information from you at any time.