Phone wait times are HORRIBLE

Called 715am today 23 May. Waited 25 minutes.
Called back at 800am to try another restaurant and waited 1hour and 1 minutes. I was told on the phone that my wait time would be 25 minutes. My wife was on hold as long as I was as we both called and she never was answered.

This is intolerable. Disney needs to do something about those kinds of wait times. On line dining reservations would put them into the 21st century!!

Are they available and I just don’t know about them???

Frank

always call late afternoon and never wait more than 5 minutes. Don’t know about any on-line reservations available

I called this morning to get some ADR’s and they said wait time was 30 minutes,so I hung up to call later.

I have been told that the online reservations are there, but only for Travel Agents. I agree with Seeker, call in the evening. I have called after 9pm Eastern, it has always been easy to get through then.

>>I called this morning to get some ADR’s and they said wait time was 30 minutes,so I hung up to call later.<<

On my first call, they said 18 min, and I waited 25. 2nd call they said 25 and I waited literally over an hour… and still couldn’t get reservations for lunch at Brown Derby <G>.
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;961969]>>I called this morning to get some ADR’s and they said wait time was 30 minutes,so I hung up to call later.<<

On my first call, they said 18 min, and I waited 25. 2nd call they said 25 and I waited literally over an hour… and still couldn’t get reservations for lunch at Brown Derby <G>.
Frank[/QUOTE]

Ouch, thats a long time.

[QUOTE=fjs08;961948]Called 715am today 23 May. Waited 25 minutes.
Called back at 800am to try another restaurant and waited 1hour and 1 minutes. I was told on the phone that my wait time would be 25 minutes. My wife was on hold as long as I was as we both called and she never was answered.

This is intolerable. Disney needs to do something about those kinds of wait times. On line dining reservations would put them into the 21st century!!

Frank[/QUOTE]

I have had great success calling about half hour before they close. Amazing how no one wants to talk that late…lol Yes, those wait times are ridiculous especially if you are calling the 407 number. Do call the 800 number.

WOW!!!

I must be so lucky, each time I call I get right through. :ph34r:

I never call the dine number I always call the direct reservations. Those CMs can make reservations for you too. Maybe that’s why?

>> Do call the 800 number. <<

AND that would BE…??? <g>
Thanks in advance.
Frank

I guess we have been very lucky. Our wait times have always been under 15 minutes. They are starting on line reservations. I am not sure what the date is or if they atrted already. The great thing with on line reservations is it will not allow people to double book resturants for the same time at different restuerants. This should help getting your ADRs somewhat easier. People will have to decide where they want to eat not book a couple resys and decide last minute.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;962003]WOW!!!

I must be so lucky, each time I call I get right through. :ph34r:

I never call the dine number I always call the direct reservations. Those CMs can make reservations for you too. Maybe that’s why?[/QUOTE]

Have you been calling this week? Free Dining ADR’s started this week, so I think the wait times have been worse. I was on hold for almost an hour on Mon. morning, but it was worth it.

>>Have you been calling this week? Free Dining ADR’s started this week<<

Today actually. Not familier with “Free Dining ADR’s.” What’s that???

Thanks.
Frank

I had the same wait times when I called for our June ressies at 90 days out. That was on the weekend. I waited until midmorning on Monday(although this week is a holiday)and had much more tolerable wait times!!

Frank…free dining is a promotion they are running right now for stays in Aug and Sept.

Anyone know the 800 number? On my day I’m going to call from my cell and home phone

Week before last when I called, I got right through. But I called yesterday, at about 7:20 am EST and waited 25-30 mins. Got my ADR though. Me thinks laying off CMs in that department right before they start taking ADRs for free dining may have been a bad idea lol.

>>Me thinks laying off CMs in that department <<

My wife mentioned that. I think you are correct.

Frank

I’d love that toll free number too please. Also, how late is the reservation line open? I like the idea of calling late. I know they open at 7:00 a.m., but that seems to be a popular time to call.

I don’t know what 800 number is being referred to but WDW-DINE opens at 7:00 am. Most of the 800 numbers don’t open until 9:00 am.
This week was the first week to make ADRs for the free dining promotion, and that has to have jammed the lines. I don’t know why anyone thinks that being able to make ADRs online would be any better. The Disney IT systems run slow and crash frequently (happened this past week), so what would be the difference? I’d always rather talk to a person. I have to believe that the online system will be pretty much the same as the one being used by CMs now…with online system you won’t have anyone to blame but yourself if something gets screwed up.

We will be calling for ADRs on 6/6. We are DVC members. Do people think we are better off calling dining at 7:00 A.M. or going through DVC member services when they open at 9:00 A.M.???

[QUOTE=fjs08;961948]Called 715am today 23 May. Waited 25 minutes.

Frank[/QUOTE]

just wanted to say that i was only on hold for 3 mins. and the only thing i to change was le cellier for lunch in stead of dinner. I got all the other reservations i wanted. i called 6:30 eastern time and i’ll be going the second week of free dining. can’t wait!!!