Photopass Professional Portrait Session?

Has anyone done this before? How long is the photo session? Also, does anyone know where I can find the pricing for this? And any other information you have would be welcomed!!!
Thanks

I am interested in this info too!

We had a wonderful Photopass Professional Potrait session last year at the Beach Club. I understand Photopass is no longer doing this, but it can be arranged through event services. Is there anything on the website that explains their packages?

• Asked by Sydney from IL on 3/11/2011
    Answered by
    Monina W., OH Category
    Miscellaneous Hello Sydney,

You are correct. While your special photo sessions will not be shot by a PhotoPass Portrait Photographers, Disney still will be offering this unique package to its Guests. As far as I know, the sessions are still customizable, based on your needs. To schedule, contact the Disney Event Group at 407-827-5079.

Hope this helps!

Yes, I believe you can now book it through Disney Fine Art Photography, which is the same service that photographs Disney Weddings. Photopass photographers go through a short training session (many are CPers). Disney Fine Art Photographers study photography beforehand (they know more than just how to work the camera).

There is a Disney Fine Art Photography website… Disney Event Photography | Family Portraits

You can also book a portrait session in any park except for Magic Kingdom (actually, they show a family picture that was taken in MK, so this rule may have changed… however in the past it has been reserved for Disney brides only). This, of course, costs the big buck.

But if you just want to be photographed at Disney resorts, you do not need Disney photographers. You can actually book an outside photographer to shoot at any of the resorts, Boardwalk, or Downtown Disney. This could potentially save you money… or you could be assured that you get the specific style of photography you want. With Disney Fine Art Photography, you can request a specific photographer, but it’s just whoever shows up that day.

I think Boss did this with his family? Really nice pictures, if I remember. Send him a PM!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1072083] Photopass photographers go through a short training session (many are CPers). Disney Fine Art Photographers study photography beforehand (they know more than just how to work the camera).

[/QUOTE]

Contrary to what you stated, Photopass Photographers go through a very long training program that takes several weeks to several months (depending on the individual) and are required to go through continual training frequently. A very high percentage of Photopass Photographers were professional event photographers before and during their work with Disney. And while there are CP photographers, they make up a small percentage of the team and most of them are currently studying the art of photography.

The photographers that previously shot the portrait sessions were seasoned cast members who not only knew how to work the camera, but were selected for their talent and knowledge of the field. The change of departments had nothing to do with the quality of the photos, it was a management issue.

[QUOTE=Jen;1072121]Contrary to what you stated, Photopass Photographers go through a very long training program that takes several weeks to several months (depending on the individual) and are required to go through continual training frequently. A very high percentage of Photopass Photographers were professional event photographers before and during their work with Disney. And while there are CP photographers, they make up a small percentage of the team and most of them are currently studying the art of photography.

The photographers that previously shot the portrait sessions were seasoned cast members who not only knew how to work the camera, but were selected for their talent and knowledge of the field. The change of departments had nothing to do with the quality of the photos, it was a management issue.[/QUOTE]

My bad, I was just quoting Carrie Hayward from Inside Disney Weddings. :blush:

I never thought the previous photopass photo sessions were bad-quality, either. Boss Mouse’s were gorgeous. However, I do believe the quick pics in the park are a hit-or-miss. Sorry to offend. :pinch:

Have never experienced it myself BUT have seen it shot around the resorts and it looked wonderful, especially when the familys wore similar matching outfits etc. Have looked into it but the prices just seemed too high, especially considering what we were planning on paying for the Photopass CD - and those pictures, though sometimes hit or miss, have always been amazing to us! I think for a special occasion it would be a nice treat to have the ‘personal’ photosession, but I have heard the prices have rocketed, so make sure the occasion is super special and won’t break the bank!

I’m pretty sure there are reviews of this service on AllEars

We did this at the Grand Floridian. And I can not remember the details as to how long it took etc. Our photographer was very professional. She took a plethora of photos all through the resort. I highly recommend this because 'you never know".
That trip was the last we will be able to take as a family. But who knew then?

The shots are awesome. PM me if you have specific questions.

We did this 2 years ago I think it was at the Polynesian and the pictures were gorgeous. I would highly recommend it.

You can see them in my trip report here if you like:
http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/50284-feelin-hot-hot-hot-8.html

[QUOTE=Cielei;1072977]We did this 2 years ago I think it was at the Polynesian and the pictures were gorgeous. I would highly recommend it.

You can see them in my trip report here if you like:
http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/50284-feelin-hot-hot-hot-8.html[/QUOTE]

Your pictures came out great! I definetly think I am going to check into this for our next trip.