Photopass

Hi!

I’m going to Disney World for the first time and with the package I bought, I have a bunch of tickets reunited in a booklet. The one that I’m curious about is the 5X7 Disney Photo Pass. I don’t know what a photo pass is, it says the coupon [I][B]is valid for one complimentary Disney’s 5X7 PhotoPass[/B][/I]. [U][B] Awesome!!! … But how does it work? lol[/B][/U] Someone will take a picture of me and my siblings for free and I will get it later? Maybe i’m wrong :blink: I need details please!! lol Thank you!!! :donald:

Ask at check in…not sure how it works entirely.

Photo pass is disney photographers that hang out in the parks. They will take your picture, give you a card with an account number on it. Later (like when you get home) you can bring up these pictures on line and they cost X amount for 5x7, X amount 8x10…it sounds like you can pick one for free. I’ve never seen the coupon you are talking about, but I’m guessing there is some code you have to put in for your free picture. For a few pictures, I think it’s really costly, but they also have a deal that cost about $125 and they give you a DVD with all the pictures that were taken. In 07, my family went (ages 2 - 62), we had over three hundred pictures taken with three different cards. Some were with just 2 people, some with 8. Then with the DVD, you can take it to walmart (or wherever) and get the ones you want printed.

I hope I haven’t confused you.

Hi neverland, the coupon is pretty self explanatory
It reads:
" Valid for one complimentary Disney’s PhotPass 5X7 photo redeemable only at one of the following Disney PhotoPass Center location in the Walt Disney Resort: Town Square Exposition and County Bounty in the Magic Kingdom Park/ The Camera Center in Epcot/ Cover Story in Disney Hollywood Studios/ and Garden Gate Gifts in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Photo must be redeemed within 7 days of date photo is taken. This certificate may not be redeemed online at Disney’s PhotoPass - Add some Disney magic to your memories. This certificate may not be used in conjunction with any other certificates, coupons or offers, and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, destroyed or expired and once issued, may not be resold. No photo copy or reproduction of certificate accepted. Certificate may not be redeemed for cash in whole or in part. Nonrefundable/Non-transferable."

So this means you take this coupon to any of those places mentioned and a castmember will help you :smile:

How do I know all this? I just got my documents last night, yahoooooo

[QUOTE=Dopey;920058]Hi neverland, the coupon is pretty self explanatory
It reads:
" Valid for one complimentary Disney’s PhotPass 5X7 photo redeemable only at one of the following Disney PhotoPass Center location in the Walt Disney Resort: Town Square Exposition and County Bounty in the Magic Kingdom Park/ The Camera Center in Epcot/ Cover Story in Disney Hollywood Studios/ and Garden Gate Gifts in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Photo must be redeemed within 7 days of date photo is taken. This certificate may not be redeemed online at Disney’s PhotoPass - Add some Disney magic to your memories. This certificate may not be used in conjunction with any other certificates, coupons or offers, and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, destroyed or expired and once issued, may not be resold. No photo copy or reproduction of certificate accepted. Certificate may not be redeemed for cash in whole or in part. Nonrefundable/Non-transferable."

So this means you take this coupon to any of those places mentioned and a castmember will help you :smile:[/QUOTE]

That is a change and a rather annoying one. It used to be online… I suppose far fewer people will take advantage of it this way.

I have never before been interested in that photo, so I don’t know about that.
It isn’t too difficult to pick up the photo at the end of the day or the next day or am I not understanding how this works?

It really is very simple. There are many Photopass photographers located throughout all the parks. They usually wear these tan vests, you will recognize them, they have big cameras.

You have them take pictures of your party. As many as you wish. Then, you can do several things. First, you can go to any photo location in any of the parks and view your pics. When you see one that you love, you redeem said cupon for a free 5x7. I have done this twice already. I have used them for the pics I can not take myself. Like the one’s with special effects. I have one of DD holding baby Simba.

Next, if you wish, you can view any and all pics at home on index for up to 30 days following your vacation. You can add borders, special signatures and such. Then you purchase as many as you wish, you can even purchase a CD with all of your pics on it.

Finally, you wait for your pics to arrive and enjoy them.

I hope this helped.

[QUOTE=Dopey;920072]I have never before been interested in that photo, so I don’t know about that.
It isn’t too difficult to pick up the photo at the end of the day or the next day or am I not understanding how this works?[/QUOTE]

It’s not difficult, it’s just that I know that I’d be a lot more likely to blow off the free pic if I had to stand in line for it (and I have seen lines!). Then there’s going through all the pictures, deciding which one you want, playing with different effects… all things that I am a lot more likely to do at home in front of my computer than to spend park time doing it.

I totally get your point. I just wanted to share that the photo place in the Judges Tent in MTTF is usually pretty empty. It would be great if you could do it once you get home though.

I have never been interested in doing that and I won’t turn my certificate in this time either, unless it’s quick and easy