Photopass

Just got my photopass card in the mail today!! Getting closer!!!

Just wondering if it’s worth the pre-buy. Will I have enough pictures to justify $100? Wouldn’t it just make sense to ask them to use my camera? I really want to get as many pictures as I can to make a video but I don’t want to spend the $$ if I don’t need to and I really don’t want to have great pictures and wish I had saved the $50
I am not a gambling kind of person
thanks in advance

Really , it is up to you. We tend to ham it up and take full advantage. THEN - you don;t have to worry about your camera. Plus you get the ‘Enhanced’ Photos which you would not with your own camera. This alone is worth the price of admission (or of buying the pass).

I absolutely love the photopass and always preorder it!! This was the 4th year in a row using it!! I like it because my husband was never in any pictures as he was always taking the pic!! We have so many nice family photos now!! There are fun borders that you can add and can edit the photos too. I hit as many photographers as I can, even if we did them earlier in the trip. Sooooo, my vote is that you go for it!!

I think we’re a little different than most, we’ve never really used photopass that much. We’ll stop for a few but nothing that would add up to the price of the CD. We thought this summer with two trips and four families we would easily have enough but we didn’t.

We are big fans of photopass. We made sure to get many of the magic shots, like cradling baby Simba at AK and pointing at Stitch crashing through the sidewalk, as well as the classics like DD holding Tinkerbell in front of the castle and DS hanging onto a giant bouquet of balloons. The other nice part is the borders and such you get to add when you are editing the pics at home. We felt it was well-worth the $99 for the CD.

Keep in mind that each member of the family can run off and get their own card at WDW and add all the cards to the CD when you get home. It was such a nice surprise to see all the pics we had that I wasn’t even aware of. DD9 kept handing her wrist card to Photopass photographers after going down the slides at Typhoon Lagoon and we got the cutest pics of her that I would have otherwise missed out on.

One of the members here (is it Jen?) has a great amount of knowledge on Photopass. I learned about all the enhanced shots from links she had in a post on this subject.

[QUOTE=jen9804;1088883]We are big fans of photopass. We made sure to get many of the magic shots, like cradling baby Simba at AK and pointing at Stitch crashing through the sidewalk, as well as the classics like DD holding Tinkerbell in front of the castle and DS hanging onto a giant bouquet of balloons. The other nice part is the borders and such you get to add when you are editing the pics at home. We felt it was well-worth the $99 for the CD.

Keep in mind that each member of the family can run off and get their own card at WDW and add all the cards to the CD when you get home. It was such a nice surprise to see all the pics we had that I wasn’t even aware of. DD9 kept handing her wrist card to Photopass photographers after going down the slides at Typhoon Lagoon and we got the cutest pics of her that I would have otherwise missed out on.

One of the members here (is it Jen?) has a great amount of knowledge on Photopass. I learned about all the enhanced shots from links she had in a post on this subject.[/QUOTE]
Thanks good to know!
I love the additional places to get photos like typhoon lagoon and test track I also read but I am not positive that you can get photos at character dining.
I LOVE photos (I have over 10k on my external hard drive of family adventures) I think I will order it before I go and hope we get lots of opportunities to get lots of photos. Wish me luck.

Do you have to wait in long lines to get photos taken??

[QUOTE=jen9804;1088883] DD9 kept handing her wrist card to Photopass photographers after going down the slides at Typhoon Lagoon and we got the cutest pics of her that I would have otherwise missed out on.
[/QUOTE]

I love this idea but where do you get the wrist card? I just got a paper card in the mail.

[QUOTE=Tinkerbella;1088887]Thanks good to know!

Do you have to wait in long lines to get photos taken??[/QUOTE]

We were there at the busiest time of the year and didn’t have a problem with lines. At the most there would be one or two families, but it is a quick picture, so no long waits.

Special events, like MNSSHP, might be a different story.

There were no photopass photographers when we went to character dining, but you can use photopass for Test Track.

About Disney’s PhotoPass | Photo Tips & Maps | Other Photo Locations

I found this for additional locations. If you purchase the tableside character dining package they will add it to your photopass.

The wrist cards are given out at both water parks so that you can wear them around your wrists.

[QUOTE=Tinkerbella;1088890]About Disney’s PhotoPass | Photo Tips & Maps | Other Photo Locations

I found this for additional locations. If you purchase the tableside character dining package they will add it to your photopass.[/QUOTE]

I wish I would have known that last year. My mom purchased several of the photos taken, but we weren’t aware you could add them to the photopass card. Bummer

This year was alot of first for us WDW husband’s and daughter’s first trip. We took over 200 pics, and I loved them all. We prebought the cd so we got the special of the photobook free as well as the disc price. Someone on MB shared the coupon link with me. Only reminder please check your photos midday and not the end. Our last day was Epcot and the pictures with Desi’s fav fairy Vidia weren;t there, but the character greeting had ended before we checked:pinch:. Thank goodness we used my camera as a back up at all the meet and greets.

I have to agree with DT. We get maybe a couple pictures from Photopass. It just seems stressful to me to constantly stop, wait for a turn and pose. So, we do get a couple family shots, but nothing to justify spending the going rate for a cd.

Absolutely, you will not regret it.

1. We have family photo’s with all four of us not just three
  2. Photopass picture and my camera picture at the same time…I always chose the photopass as clearer and better.
  3. combine multiple photopasses while we are seperated, DD’s love remembering, “oh that’s when Daddy and I… without you Mom.”

We got the same promo a few years back and yes its worth it for sure. You can access all the pics with your photopass cards ( we had like 10 ) and then you can crop and edit add borders and so each picture can be redone many many times
By the time I sent for my Disk we had over 600 pictures

Not something I would pay for every year but it certainly paid for it self

[QUOTE=lmhaas;1088934]We got the same promo a few years back and yes its worth it for sure. You can access all the pics with your photopass cards ( we had like 10 ) and then you can crop and edit add borders and so each picture can be redone many many times
By the time I sent for my Disk we had over 600 pictures

Not something I would pay for every year but it certainly paid for it self[/QUOTE]

I am sold I am going to get the photopass!!!

I am not sure how this works. Ok when i get home I will have the pictures taken and I will need to make edits and add on to the pictures then order the CD???

what if I want to make edits in the future?

well when you order the cd you can edit off the cd via your computer, but you will not be able to do the Disney edits from the website. at least as far as I know. but there is pretty well no limit to what you can do on the cd as in 5 or however many edits of one picture you want on it…s

I hope that helps.

btw we always get the photopass and just remember to go ahead an take your camera and first thing is to take a picture of your photo pass number on back in case you loose your photopass because as long as you have the numbers you are safe.

I bought my pre order photopass and I have my fingers crossed we take enough photos and have lots of Magic shots too!

You know what they say, if you pay for it, there is a better chance you will use it!

We got back from WDW at the end of August. I have been working on my photo book EVERY day!! We didn’t prepurchase the CD. I uploaded most of our own photos (took about 650 in total) and I’m having a ball editing and adding backgrounds, different layouts, text boxes, etc. I already have 50 pages! It’s like I’m reliving our trip every single time I’m working on it…:mickey: