Photos from Characters in Flight

Just posted pictures from the balloon on my blog page

Toys,Balloons, and Crab Legs? Spectro’s Walt Disney World Blog

Photos are great! I’ve been following your tweets too! :happy:

Great pictures! Did you have to pay for the ticket to go up in the balloon?? It looks so cool! Definatly on my to-do list!
Ragland Road is one of my favorites, they have great fish an chips :smiley: (And nothing beats the dunbrody kiss <3 )

great photo’s I’ve been following your blog. Thank you so much for that!!! I love that you give us the play by play!!!

[QUOTE=Campbell87;963613]Great pictures! Did you have to pay for the ticket to go up in the balloon?? It looks so cool! Definatly on my to-do list!
Ragland Road is one of my favorites, they have great fish an chips :smiley: (And nothing beats the dunbrody kiss <3 )[/QUOTE]

The ride is $16.00 for adults $10 for kids 3-9, I would say it is worth it. My wife had the fish and chips, I will post reviews and pictures of the food as soon as I can catch my breath. I got home today around 6:00pm and already started the “unpacking landray”. I will also update the blog to include our last 1/4 day at the Studios to see Kris Allen.

edited to add kids price

I am not seeing these photos on your blog. All I see is a blurb where you talked about going on it & one picture. Am I missing something?

Oh, and doesn’t ‘tethered balloon’ refer to the way that they are tethered to the ground? :huh: What does that have to do with 'being sealed & filled with helium" like you said in your blog? Just curious.
Tethered helium balloon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only reason I can think of that you cannot see the photos is because your browser/computer is seeing my blog as unsafe. Most of the photos that are small are linked to photobucket to save on blog storage space. The larger pictures of the balloon ride were directly uploaded to wordpress and your computer may not like my URL. They are there trust me.

You are correct, the fact that the balloon being tethered has no relationship to its means of lift. I have seen hot air balloon rides offer tethered flights. People have been calling it a “hot air” balloon ride and I wanted to be sure people understand that it is not a hot air ride. Even while in line for the flight the guy behind me got a phone call and told the person on the other end he was “in line for the hot air balloon ride over at Downtown Disney".

I mentioned that the balloon is tethered so people will not be confused as to how a balloon can be launched and then return to the same location since balloons have no steering.

I should have mentioned that kids 3-9 are $10.00

this picture linked from my blog

[QUOTE=Spectro is #1;964202]The only reason I can think of that you cannot see the photos is because your browser/computer is seeing my blog as unsafe. Most of the photos that are small are linked to photobucket to save on blog storage space. The larger pictures of the balloon ride were directly uploaded to wordpress and your computer may not like my URL. They are there trust me.

You are correct the fact that the balloon being tethered has no relationship to its means of lift. I have seen hot air balloon rides offer tethered flights. People have been calling it a “hot air” balloon ride and I wanted to be sure people understand that it is not a hot air ride. Even while in line for the flight the guy behind me got a phone call and told the person on the other end he was “in line for the hot air balloon ride over at Downtown Disney".

I mentioned that the balloon is tethered so people will not be confused as to how a balloon can be launched and then return to the same location since balloons have no steering.

I should have mentioned that kids 3-9 are $10.00

this picture linked from my blog[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Yeah, I see what your saying. It’s definately NOT a hot air balloon but I am sure many people will mistake it for that. I think I just misread what you mentioned in your blog. :laugh: I thought you said “People are calling this a tethered balloon & that’s incorrect.” I was like, huh? What is it then? :laugh:

Beautiful pics!!! I found them! Do you suggest doing this during the day or do you think it might be even more scenic in the evening? OH, and did you check out the wind speed by calling the resort desk first to see if it was running or did you just go & hope for the best?

I am told that the night and day rides are as different as, well, night and day:blush:. I will do a night ride next time. The max ride is 20 people with calm winds. As the wind increases the number of riders and the max height of the ride decreases. Definitely do it early before the heat of the day starts to build too many clouds. I went on around noon time but if I waited until 3:00 it would have been cloudy. Disney does not own this ride. Like most of Downtown Disney it is rented space. The company running it is called Aerophile