Picking Up an Alamo Car

Hi Everyone

We are staying at Pop Century and want to pick up a Alamo rental car at 8am. Which would be best for us to pick the car up from - Disney’s Car Care Centre or Disney’s Dolphin Resort? Also as it’s before the parks open would we need to get a taxi to pick up the car? None of the parks seem to be doing an Extra Magic Hour that morning.

Thanks for any advice.
Helen
:slight_smile:

They have a shuttle that will take you to the car care center. Just call and set up a pickup from your resort.

That’s good to know, thanks for the tip.
Cheers

Do you know what number to call? Our trip is not until December, is it best to call Alamo when we get there.

I’ve just called the general number on the Alamo website and they said they don’t offer that service. To be honest I don’t think the woman knew what I was talking about so seemed to say no just to get me off the phone.

Thanks

Here is the number for the Alamo at the car care center 407-824-3470. Just call the day before.

Thanks 2nd Star, that was the right number to call, I managed to get though to speak to someone. However, I’d already booked our car pick up from the Dolphin as it’s closer to Pop Century and the shuttle only goes to the car care centre, and it’s going to cost me more to change the collection to the car care centre, so it looks like it’s a taxi for us. Thanks for the help anyway.

can’t you just bus it to the dtd then go to the dolphin from there? even if the parks aren’t open the busses run for about an hour before the parks open.

How come your not getting one from the airport???

Do you know what time the buses start for DTD?
Though to be honest I taxi might be the best way to go so we are not messing around in the morning.

[QUOTE=IckleHelen;1002875]Do you know what time the buses start for DTD?
Though to be honest I taxi might be the best way to go so we are not messing around in the morning.[/QUOTE]

We are staying at Disney for 2 weeks, but only need a car for the 4 days when we are offsite going to Busch Gardens, Universal and a Non-Disney Dinner Show. The rest of the time I’m happy with Disney Transportation.

i honestly don’t know. i’m trying to find the info for you!

Don’t worry about it. From Pop to the Dolphin is about 6 mins in a car, so taxi won’t be a huge cost. Thanks for looking though.

Did you try and book using Costco’s website? We got a mini-van for 5 days for $291…that was with tax and fees.

it looks like restaraunts open at 9am and the shops open at 9:30.
but the dolphin isn’t THAT far from the pop so it may not be that much to take a cab

I used the Alamo site, with one of the discount codes from MouseSavers. I paid $210 for 4 days including 3rd Part Liability. We’ve only got a compact car, but then there is only the two of us and we won’t have luggage to cart round so that’s big enough.

[QUOTE=nubeanie;1002881]it looks like restaraunts open at 9am and the shops open at 9:30.
but the dolphin isn’t THAT far from the pop so it may not be that much to take a cab[/QUOTE]

Disney transport will be just too much of a pain, we’ll just catch a cab. Thanks for looking though.

maybe i just need to drive down there to take you over. i need an excuse to give dh as to why i NEED to go to disney!!!

lol. Any excuse! I’m sure he’ll see right through it.