Picture of the trundle beds in POR?

I’m wondering if there are pictures anywhere of the trundle bed at POR? We are seriously considering going again next September during the free dining and are looking at POR or the Cabins. I really need to get an idea of how small that bed is. My son is 12 and 5.1 right now. I am wondering if he is way too big?

A picture would be very helpful! Thanks!

I now the beds are not very big but we are going in 4 days:goofybounce::goofybounce: I have a son who is also 12 but shorter, I will try to remember to take a pic of him on the bed and post it.

I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much and have a wonderful, magical trip!:laugh::happy:

Here’s a picture from allears. The trundle is pretty small, so when we stay at POR, we let our oldest daughter and our son sleep together in one of the beds and our youngest daughter sleeps in the trundle.
http://allears.net/acc/rivers/dxl24.jpg

[QUOTE=missymouse;1050036]Here’s a picture from allears. The trundle is pretty small, so when we stay at POR, we let our oldest daughter and our son sleep together in one of the beds and our youngest daughter sleeps in the trundle.
http://allears.net/acc/rivers/dxl24.jpg[/QUOTE]

This is great. Thanks!

I really can’t decide whether to stay at POR or the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. I wish I could get a better idea of the grounds at both. I really like the looks of POR. The rooms are darling! I’m also not quite sure of how I feel about how big the grounds are at Fort Wilderness. It looks like we would be spending a lot more time on buses just trying to get around there. And plus, it would be really nice to save a little money by going with POR. I can’t decide what to do. :confused:

We really enjoy POR. I know that some folks on here have not been as happy with it, but we haven’t had any cleanliness issues there. The grounds are very nice. We love just walking to the food court or to the pool. It feels very peaceful. We used to get 2 connecting rooms at a value, but we decided to try POR since it would save us a little bit of money, and I don’t think we’ll go back to the value resorts. Yes, we gave up a bathroom and an extra bed, but we have plenty of room, and we’re just not in the room THAT much. Our kids love the big pool–Ol’ Man Island, and you can use POFQ pools if you want. The bus system is great too. We haven’t ever had a long wait for a POR bus either to the parks or back to the resort. I would recommend it to you as our families are similar. :happy:

DS said that he will sleep on that trundle bed even if his feet hang off it!:laugh: I’ve raised a very frugal boy, and now that we are moving up the date of our next trip (thanks to Free Dining) he wants to save the $$ we would be spending on the cabins. If worse comes to worse we will put Anna on the trundle and DS and DD14 will have to make due. They’d live.:happy:

Thanks for your help!

My daughter is 6, 48" and 50lbs - she found it VERY uncomfortable and it was extremely dusty! The mattress is as thick as a crib mattress and it’s a wooden platform that has four wheels, nothing like a REAL trundle.

Stay at the Ft Wilderness Cabins . . . the boat ride to the parks makes it worth the extra $$. And the Cabins are beautiful!!

There is a full size bed and two bunks in one room and a pull down bed in the front room. The camp grounds are awesome!

[QUOTE=jen9804;1050038]This is great. Thanks!

I really can’t decide whether to stay at POR or the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. I wish I could get a better idea of the grounds at both. I really like the looks of POR. The rooms are darling! I’m also not quite sure of how I feel about how big the grounds are at Fort Wilderness. It looks like we would be spending a lot more time on buses just trying to get around there. And plus, it would be really nice to save a little money by going with POR. I can’t decide what to do. :confused:[/QUOTE]

The camp grounds are easy to walk and you can rent a golf cart to get youself around too.

The trundle bed is small. I slept on it, when DH was snoring next to me :dry: for a couple of nights. I am 5’1. My boys never fit on it again by age 8.
You know what really bothered me about it was that it was so very low to the ground. I felt that I smelled that dirty carpet all night long.

Have you priced out the suites at ASMOVIES, would that be less money then the cabins and then you would have 2 bathrooms…just a thought:happy:

I would do a suite or better yet, 2 conecting rooms. 4 real beds and even better yet 2 bathrooms.

[QUOTE=jen9804;1050042]DS said that he will sleep on that trundle bed even if his feet hang off it!:laugh: I’ve raised a very frugal boy, and now that we are moving up the date of our next trip (thanks to Free Dining) he wants to save the $$ we would be spending on the cabins. If worse comes to worse we will put Anna on the trundle and DS and DD14 will have to make due. They’d live.:happy:

Thanks for your help![/QUOTE]

We’re raising frugal kids too, so I understand. :happy:

As far as the size of the trundle, my children are very small, so the size of the trundle is not an issue for us (my 11 year old looks more like an 8 year old, my 10 year old looks more like a 7 or 6 year old and my 6 year old looks more like a 4 or 5 year old). Maybe if you can find the dimensions of the trundle it might be helpful since others here think that it could be an issue for you. :confused:

[QUOTE=missymouse;1050135]We’re raising frugal kids too, so I understand. :happy:

As far as the size of the trundle, my children are very small, so the size of the trundle is not an issue for us (my 11 year old looks more like an 8 year old, my 10 year old looks more like a 7 or 6 year old and my 6 year old looks more like a 4 or 5 year old). Maybe if you can find the dimensions of the trundle it might be helpful since others here think that it could be an issue for you. :confused:[/QUOTE]

I read that the bed is only 65" long, and it might be an issue, but DS said that it will be fine with him. He says that he sleeps on the floor at the Hunting Shack and on the frozen ground on Boy Scout camping trips so this should be no problem. I hope he is right! I really do want to stay at least one time at POR. It looks beautiful!

We’ll probably end up booking POR and then change it later if necessary? I wonder if that would be possible with it being part of the Free dining? I get so confused making decisions like this. :confused:

[QUOTE=jen9804;1050136]I read that the bed is only 65" long, and it might be an issue, but DS said that it will be fine with him. He says that he sleeps on the floor at the Hunting Shack and on the frozen ground on Boy Scout camping trips so this should be no problem. I hope he is right! I really do want to stay at least one time at POR. It looks beautiful!

We’ll probably end up booking POR and then change it later if necessary? I wonder if that would be possible with it being part of the Free dining? I get so confused making decisions like this. :confused:[/QUOTE]

I would think that you would be able to switch to a different resort if they still have rooms that are designated for free dining left for your travel dates. It is hard to decide what resort to book sometimes–there are too many great choices!