Piglets on Parade meet Ice Road Truckers Trip Report

Ahhh finally ready to start the good old Trip Report. First ever without the kids.

Since we have been to many of the attractions and sites during our previous TRs, this will mostly be a fun filled photo food tour adventure followed by an exciting episode of Ice Road Truckers. So stay tuned…

Wow, look at that itinerary. I am impressed. How come you’re offline? Is this the whole trip report? What gives?

Don’t you remember … Cliffhanger Mickeymotto?

She makes her TRs painful for us.

Ha Ha…you both are so funny. I do intend on living up to my name, however in this case it was just dog interruptus. Now that he is settled I can get back in to this for a few…

As I mentioned earlier, this was our first trip without any of the boys and also our first trip to the Yacht Club. Andy & I were so excited because we were also celebrating our (a bit belated) 22nd anniversary. We checked in to the resort around 11 am and were ready to check out our room. I requested a standard view room but were upgraded to a king room with a beautiful water view!!!:goofybounce:

Check out our room…

and the rest of the room…

And the Pièce de résistance…

Our view!!!:wub:

Some more neat Disney touches to our room…

We decided to check out our surroundings before heading over to Epcot for a quick lunch. The Yacht Club is a beautiful resort. It is so relaxing and peaceful…

Next up…lunch at Tangerine Cafe.

Great pics and what a view.

Are there some good Illuminations pics from the balcony with your favorite “no boys around” adult beverages?

Andy & I both ordered the Shwarma platter with a few substitutions. He does not like hummus and I love it. So he subbed for some Lentils and I got Olives instead of the Tabouleh.

Then we ran into Marie on our way back through France.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1016482]Great pics and what a view.

Are there some good Illuminations pics from the balcony with your favorite “no boys around” adult beverages?[/QUOTE]

Oh yes! They will be coming soon for sure. We could see the fireworks perfectly. It was a great location for a room. We also indulged in a variety adult beverages. :biggrin:

Ahhhhhhh. A REAL relaxing trip. Congrats. Can’t wait for the TR to continue.

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;1016468]and the rest of the room…

[/QUOTE]

Hey! who’s the man in your room?

Heehee, “rest of the room” - funny :laugh:

We did a little shopping and then decided to go back to the resort and go for a swim. I was excited to try out the famous Storm Along Bay Pool…

Love that resort. I am glad that you got to stay there. mmmmmmmmm…Tangerine Cafe

[QUOTE=Dopey;1016495]Hey! who’s the man in your room?

Heehee, “rest of the room” - funny :laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh:…some “Grumpy” guy checking out the temp in the room. Always the first thing he does when we check in…:laugh:

I love this pool! The sand in the bottom of the pool is sooo cool! So after a nice relaxing swim and some floating around the lazy river we decided to head up to the room for a nice late afternoon nap. After recovering from the long drive with a nice nap, we were to get ready for dinner at DTD.

Next up…dinner at Ragland Road!

oh great, Raglan Road. I wonder what you thought of it.