Pins and Lanyards in the park

Hi there,

We’ve been to WDW twice with our children and they love getting pins for their lanyards. The only downside is that the pins kept falling off because they would get caught on something. Then we purchased the safety lock backings and they didn’t fall off, but a few broke because they would catch on something and the backings held so hard that the metal just broke off. They are so expensive to buy that I’d like to avoid this probelem on our next trip. How do most people handle their pins and lanyards in the parks? Are my kids just rougher than most, or is this a common problem? I’d love some suggestions.

Thanks!

We use to worry about pins falling off and being broken or lost. Now we just put the lanyards in our bags and carry them that way. It’s not as great was walking round with them on display but its a little safer. I sometimes think the Landyards are to blame, as Ive seen many on hats and bags etc tha never seem to budge an inch!

We usually go in warmer months so im lucky my dds dont like having the lanyard around their necks. I often keep it on a backpack.

We backpack them as well until the kids see something they want.

Thanks for the great advice. Problems solved!

We keep ours in our bags until we trade them

I keep them in bags until the girls see one they want. I have tried the lanyards and I agree this last october they probably lost about 10 pins. thank god I bought them off ebay for only about a buck a piece.

We keep a bag of pins in the room and a loaded lanyard in a ziplock bag in the backpack. It’s usually too hot to wear the lanyard for too long and it keeps the pins safe.

My kids don’t like to wear the lanyards either so keep the pins on the lanyard in a bag and when they want to trade they slip it on for about three minutes and then they trade and I put it back in the bag…

Hi there,

I got the pins I ordered! They came on Saturday. I was pleased for the most part, but they sent three of the same tiny pin and that was a bit disappointing. I can see getting a double, but a triple?

Now, most of the pins are small. Will that affect trading? Do the kids have to trade a small for a small, or will they be able to get any size the CM has available? I don’t remember much about our trading experience last time, only that most of the pins the kids purchased last time were larger than the ones we received from eBay.

What is a typical trading experience?

well some kids will trade a small for a small, a big for a big, but then others will trade a small for a big… it doesnt really matter on the size, mostly just whichever pin the child wants!
hope that helps :laugh:

[QUOTE=jen9804;1014960]Hi there,

I got the pins I ordered! They came on Saturday. I was pleased for the most part, but they sent three of the same tiny pin and that was a bit disappointing. I can see getting a double, but a triple?

Now, most of the pins are small. Will that affect trading? Do the kids have to trade a small for a small, or will they be able to get any size the CM has available? I don’t remember much about our trading experience last time, only that most of the pins the kids purchased last time were larger than the ones we received from eBay.

QUOTE]

I’ve been looking at Ebay and I was concerned about the quality of the pins, would you order again?

[QUOTE=jen9804;1014960]Hi there,

What is a typical trading experience?[/QUOTE]

When you trade with another visitor it is up to both of you to agree. BUT all children can trade with a CM and they have to trade with the child. Everytime my kids have traded with a CM they have been able to choose the pin they wanted to trade and the pin they wanted. Someone told my boys to look for the ones with the green lanyards since they are “managers” and they often have better pins…I also keep lanyards in the backpack until they see someone they want to trade with then they only wear them for a few minutes.