Pirates 4: IMAX or Not?

So we are going to see PoC:4 this weekend and we are debating if the IMAX is worth the extra cost. We’ve never been to an IMAX and we can’t think of a better movie to try it for the first time. However, is it worth the extra $$? How are the 3D effects in the movie? Is it even worth the 3D extra $$? For those of you who have seen it, did you see it in 3D did you think it was worth it? We couldn’t see it this past weekend as we were out of town so we are just dying to see Captain Jack. Also, is the IMAX experience too much for a 4 year old? DD is 10 so I know she will be fine but DS is only 4. Any and all help with this decision would be GREATLY appreciated.

IMax is a more intense experience, but is not for everyone. We saw Alice In Wonderland at the IMax and I was glad we did, but everyone felt pretty worn out when we left. Keep in mind they have like a bagillion speakers in those theaters and it can be pretty darn loud as well. Also because I wear glasses things seem a little out of focus at the edges of my vision, but it was not enough to ruin the enjoyment of the movie ( and I did enjoy that one )

Since DW and I seldom go out to movies, when we do we like to make a night out of it. I think we will go the extra mile and see Pirates at ours.

-Harry

I like 3D movies! If the movie is available in 3D I will always choose 3D with the exception of when we take our DGD who is 3. I don’t believe that she would keep the glasses on the entire movie and without the glasses it is not a good viewing experience.

We saw Gnomeo and Juliet in 3d, it was great. We’re going all out w/ POTC4 and doing IMAX/3D. Ummm helloooo??? It’s Johnny Depp, need I say more? It’s only like $2 more per ticket for IMAX, or $5 more per ticket for IMAX/3D. I’ll pay the extra $10 total for me and dd. :laugh:

BTW…Cars 2 will be in 3D also for this mom. :wink:

I’m off to see PoTC4 tonight too and I still don’t know if we should pay the extra for 3D. The last couple of films I’ve been to see in 3D, the glasses made the bridge of my nose fall asleep and it didn’t really add to the experience or anything! Ooo what to do!

We’ve seen several movies in 3D and some were worth it and some weren’t. This will be our first IMAX 3D experience so we shall see. DH really wants to do the IMAX so we will.

I have seen Pirates 4 in 3D and 2D. I like seeing 3D movies but my husband didn’t like watching it in 3D. He was happy we saw them both on The Dream for free. Cause he said he wouldn’t have paid extra for 3D.

BTW,I think this Pirates is dark and may scare kids under 13.

[QUOTE=2nd Star;1077790]I have seen Pirates 4 in 3D and 2D. I like seeing 3D movies but my husband didn’t like watching it in 3D. He was happy we saw them both on The Dream for free. Cause he said he wouldn’t have paid extra for 3D.

BTW,I think this Pirates is dark and may scare kids under 13.[/QUOTE]

Are there any actual 3D effects or is it just a price grabber?

For example, we could have lived w/“Tangled” in 2D because there were no 3D effects compared to those found in “How To Train Your Dragon”. Now THAT was a movie to salivate over (regarding the 3D effects)…

Personally, I don’t think that 3D was worth it. Don’t get me wrong, it was a good experience, but I wouldn’t of missed anything in 3D.:blush: