Pirate's Cruise...I booked it!

:pirate: I am sooo excited! After reading DisneyTeacher’s trip report about the Pirates Cruise, I decided I REALLY wanted to book it for DS. He will be 5 when we go in December! So I called and wanted it for Wednesday 12/6, our “NO PARKS” day. Well, they only had one spot left!!! And it was meant JUST for Nathaniel. I can’t wait!!! And it’s only$28.17 plus tax. Not bad at all, since it includes lunch!!! :pirate:

If anyone is looking for more details on the cruise, here ya go:

Pirate Adventure - Children wear pirate bandannas and follow clues to search Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon for buried treasure. They sail to many exotic “ports of call” (Resort Marinas) to collect treasure. Children who are potty trained (no pull-ups) and ages 4-12 may attend. Lunch is provided (Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, Gummy bears, Krispy Treat and Juice box).

Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Available to all guests. Cost is $28.17 plus tax.
Reservations 180 days in advance at 407-WDW-DINE.

Yea! I’m so excited for Nathaniel! He’s going to have the best time. Nathan’s done 2 pirate cruises and he loved both of them.

Now you need to make some plans for your 2 hours. It went by way too fast for me, I wouldn’t leave GF if I had to do it over again. Maybe breakfast at GF while you wait? GF cafe looked good when we walked by.

That’s EXACTLY what I was thinking! I was actually considering Kona at the Poly but don’t think we’d have enough time. GF Cafe looks nice…so we may eat there! :wink:

I worry about depending on WDW transportaion and getting back to GF on time. We left and it wasn’t worth the stress getting back. What if the monorail went down with you on it? I woud freak knowing my DS was waiting for me.

You can take a boat between to two resorts so going to the Poly should be okay. You could split up going back like Mike and I did you should be just fine.

My DD has gone on the pirate cruise twice and loved it. It is a lot of fun for the little ones. I reccomend it for anyone with a under 8-9 y/o child. The Mickey pirate ears are way cool! We still have both of ours. This fall when we go to WDW we are trying the Biddi Bobbity Boutique instead.
I know she would love to go on the pirate cruise again, but I thought we would try something different this time!

During the cruise time I went to the MK and did some shopping. It was nice to have a little ‘Me’ time! But the time does go by quickly.

Oh! FUN! I wish my kids were little enough!! IT looked SOOOOOOOOO great in DT’s thread!!!

Just a couple more years for Miss Caisley :wink: .

What’s the supervision like? I’m SO paranoid about leaving DS…but it sounds like something he’d LOVE.

I’m the mom of an only child and I’m about as over protective as they come and I was very comfortable letting my son go on both cruises. There were 3 adults on the GF cruise and maybe 24 kids. Each child had to have a buddy before boarding the boat and they had to sit with that child each time they go back on the boat. That helps keep track of all the kids and I’m sure the adults did a head count each time they left a dock.

Thanks so much, DT. I know I’m overprotective…and it’s nice to hear the input of another mom of an “only”…

Your son will have a blast. Our friends sent their twins and they had a great time. While the kids cruised mom and dad went on the water mice and enjoyed that very much. DH and I had lunch at the GF Cafe while DD’s were at the Wonderland Tea party and the food was so awsome. You have to try the stacked ham sandwich with those yummy crunchy onions on top and the sauce was to die for. I wish I could remember the name of it.

Congrats Kim!

It’s so funny to me that everyday I wish my daugter would stop growing up, but then…all I want is for her to be 4 years old so she can do all sorts of neat things at WDW! Pathetic I know. If I could just get her to 4, then keep here there, I’d be all set!

Sorry Kim, just a little rant! I bet your son will love it! Are you going to surprise him or tell him in advance?

I know he’s going to love it! I mentioned it to him and he said he was excited! I won’t bring it up again, and I am sure he won’t remember…then I will surprise him at WDW!!!

And Pooh, time FLIES by. She will be 4 in no time… :sad:

Congrats!!! He’s going to have a blast.

It’s so funny to me that everyday I wish my daugter would stop growing up, but then…all I want is for her to be 4 years old so she can do all sorts of neat things at WDW! Pathetic I know. If I could just get her to 4, then keep here there, I’d be all set!

Ha! Our twin daughters are turning 3 when we’re there in September and I was thinking the exact same thing.

All I have to ask is “what does Captain Feathersword say?” to get a hearty “Arrrhh” from them. Hope they don’t lose that before we get them on this cruise in a year or so!

I was thinking about doing the wonderland tea party