Places to eat

Any ideas on a good place to eat at thje best prices. will be there in January and looking for suggestions! Thanks.:laugh:

If you are looking for decetnly priced character meals, always go for breakfast. It’s the cheapest of the three meals. My favorite places for breakfast (character meals) are chef mickey’s, crystal palace and breakfastsaurus. For a great lunch or dinner fairly priced, try Earl of Sandwich at DTD’s market place, ABC commissionary at the MGM studios, Cosmic Rays at the Magic kingdom or even tusker house at the Animal kingdom. What other kinds of meals are you looking for? If you narrow it down, I may be able to help a bit better.

The best tip anyone can give you is this:
AllEarsNet.com has almost all of the menus from well over 100 WDW restaurants and walk ups. Prices are listed and most also have hours of operation. After you’ve narrowed down your choices, come back and ask the rest of us what we think, or search the forums for some of the popular restaurant threads.

Just go here:

Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World

DON’T MISS Flametree BBQ in AK, Le Cellier in EC, Boma in AK, O’Hana in MK!

Boma is at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, not in the park. I’ve eaten breakfast there a bunch of times and keep going back.

I think looking at the menus will give you a good idea on prices. 'Ohana is one of our favorite restaurants, it’s a must do every trip.

Kona Cafe in the Poly is always great, actually eat most of our meals there, lol…good food, decent prices. Also for character dining, lots of food, and nice ambience i always make a reservation for the Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK. Do note that you need to make the reservation either before your trip or when you first get there… it’s popular because of the colonial themed characters walking around and is also nicely priced. :mickey:

The Plaza Restaurant on Main Street is a good bet for sandwiches and ice cream sundaes! It is somewhat reasonable and is considered table service, so it is a step up from the counter service places.

Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD is also reasonably priced and good food. It is counter service though, but they have a nice outside eating area.

I like Casey’s corner in MK, they have great hot dogs and fries and it’s a quick meal to. Lotus Blossom Cafe in Epcot is another good resturant if you like Chinese, it’s in China of the world showcase. Sci Fi Dine in in MGM is another one which is good and non expensive.

The Seasons Food Court in The Land Pavillion has choices to please everyone and the “counterservice” food is definitely a step above most.

We are always happy with the choices at The PepperMarket in Coronado Springs for lunch…lots of stuff besides Mexican and it’s a cute environment. A little less “cafeteria” than some of the other hotel food courts!

[QUOTE=Soundgod]The best tip anyone can give you is this:
AllEarsNet.com has almost all of the menus from well over 100 WDW restaurants and walk ups. Prices are listed and most also have hours of operation. After you’ve narrowed down your choices, come back and ask the rest of us what we think, or search the forums for some of the popular restaurant threads.

Couldn’t agree with you more with went to AllEarsNet.com and got all our menus before we left. Not only did it help us decide where we wanted to eat, it also saved us time because we knew what we wanted and didn’t have to take time to look over the menu.

Depends of who’s eating. Are kids involved? What ages? Boys/Girls? Are you loooking for character meals or is that not a deciding factor?

There are WAY too many choices here without narrowing down what you’re looking for.

A lot of people do a late breakfast character meals and then eat light for the rest of the day. Character dinner meals are a lot more expensive.

Remember to look at the resort restaurants too. Some of the best meals may not be IN the parks.

It’s true…look beyond the parks for some of the best meals…so many choices! Downtown Disney & Boardwalk also have some great restaurants!

i have to say my favorites are:

Ohana for dinner
Donald’s Breakfastasaurs for breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner

My not so favorite:

Sci Fi Dine In

there’s so many choices!!! I love character meals and Dana gave to good advise about doing them for breakfast.

We have priority seating for Liberty Tree Tavern for our upcoming trip, what did you like there?

Character breakfasts your boys might like, besides Chef Mickey’s which you’re already going to? Cape May Cafe has a Goofy buffet for both breakfast and dinner. Donald’s Breakfastasaurus in AK is good for boys but this is only breakfast. Crystal Palace is open all day long, breakfast, lunch and dinner and another never miss. Skip Hollywood and Vine in MGM, it’s Playhouse Disney, and probably too young for your guys. There’s a Chip and Dale meal in the Garden Grill in The Land in Epcot, but I shy away from “family style” service. For this same reason, I shy away from Ohana. There’s also 1900’s Park Fare at the Grand Floridian, but there ae a couple girl characters, but they’re face actors, meaning humans without cartoon heads that talk when they interact with guests. Don’t know if this helps any but it’s also good to know some of this. I think either Swan or Dolphin has characters some days, but you should check with them or AllEarsNet.