Planning a 2013 Trip

So we are planning a new trip for next June, and I have a couple questions.

1. I know I can only book room only by calling. Will the info be on the website, with my account, so I can make payments.

2. What if there we get a PIN offer, or theres an offer available after we book?

[QUOTE=Jackolive;1112301]So we are planning a new trip for next June, and I have a couple questions.

1. I know I can only book room only by calling. Will the info be on the website, with my account, so I can make payments.

2. What if there we get a PIN offer, or theres an offer available after we book?[/QUOTE]

I didn’t realize that you could not book room only online—this is new to me. I am certain that I have done so in the past. All I did was decline the tickets, dining etc added on, and ended up with room only.

In fact I am certain you must be able to book room only, because I use the only reservation pages to compare room only prices.

Could it be that it’s because its more than 365 days out?

You should be able to book room only. Give it another shot.
And if a pin or a discount come out you can then call and they will apply it to your ressie.

1. Call and book and then it will be online…on your account. I have a March 2013 trip that I can look at right now on my disney account online.
  2. You can use PINS as they become available…just know that when you book, if you package stuff together (dining plan, tix, room, etc)…you will have to re-book in Aug/Sept. I will have to do this…but at least your rooms will be reserved.

Hi, Jack.

If you book a room only now, I don’t advise doing anything but putting down the room deposit. When the packages release, Disney is going to refund you the money toward the room only and ask for a $200 package reservation. Making payments doesn’t make sense. It would be wiser to pay yourself by putting it in either Disney Gift Card or a savings account while you wait for the packages to release.

Package are suppose to be out mid to late June this year. For the hassle that booking, cancelling and rebooking is, it make sense to just wait for the packages to release. The minimal savings you are going to get from booking the room only is going to be taken over by utter annoyance.

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1112308]1) Call and book and then it will be online…on your account. I have a March 2013 trip that I can look at right now on my disney account online.
2) You can use PINS as they become available…just know that when you book, if you package stuff together (dining plan, tix, room, etc)…you will have to re-book in Aug/Sept. I will have to do this…but at least your rooms will be reserved.[/QUOTE]

You are aware that when you convert this reservation to a package that they are going to refund you any money to put toward it and ask for a different deposit of $200 right?

You can absolutely use PINS and any other discounts that are released while you hold a Disney reservation.

Dana, You say that Package info should be out Late June. Do you know if that’s free Disney Dining info also. We’re planning 1st or 2nd week in Jan. Went once before at that time and we had to wait till at least Sept to find out about Free Dining.

Yes, the packages should be out some time in June…around mid-month from what I understand. I am hoping for sooner as I have a file of people waiting and every day I don’t book them is a day they may go some where else to book.

I don’t know which discounts or promotions will be running at that time, however. We may not see that information until Fall.