Planning A Potential 2015 Trip with my DBF

Hello everyone! After a long 2 year absence I have finally made my way back to MB! I couldn’t be more excited!

So, basically I was looking for some help/advice/tips/guidance from all you other veterans about my upcoming Disney adventure with my DBF Steve. Now, I’m been to Disney at least a dozen times… including two DCP internships at WDW… however, as far as vacationing goes, my family is pretty routine. We stay at the same resort, eat at the same restaurants, and go the same time of year (late August). Not that I’m complaining! I love it. And I have stayed and eaten at different places without my family… However! This time around with my boyfriend I’m hoping to do some new things so we can both experience stuff together for the first time. Steven’s been to Disney world a handful of times… but never with someone as addicted as me! So I wanna make it special. He hasn’t been since he was in middle school… so about 14 years! It’s time he goes back… definitely! And I haven’t been since 2012! Which is pretty long for me.

Essentially I’m interested in any advice you guys have on the following things!
*Times of year to go
*Places to eat
*Places to stay
*Romantic or neat things to do.

Currently I am thinking of maybe going in September to enjoy Food and Wine AND maybe snag free dining. I’m also thinking we want to stay at a Moderate resort. We are probably going to go for about 5-6 days, and if I CAN avoid going during the school year, I’d like that, as I have school, and DBF has a 9-5 and he only gets 2 weeks (10 days) vacation… so I don’t think we wanna use it all in one trip.

Thank you guys so much! I really appreciate any help you have to offer!

Hi Stacey. We have been to WDW many different times of the year—except for spring. The early fall and winter after the holidays seem to be the least crowded. We have found that 5-6 nights is good to be able to do everything without being stressed. Our favorite Mod resort is Port Orleans French Quarter. We like it there because it is small, and not far to the bus or food court from your room. The bus service has always been very good.

As far as places to eat…we are not big on the Sit Down restaurants—food is not our objective, however, I think everyone should try the Be Our Guest Restaurant at least once for dinner. It was so much fun and the food was excellent. We also like Marrekesch in Morroco—the food is good and it’s never very crowded. 50’s Prime Time is our choice in DHS. We don’t usually eat in the AK—in fact did not even visit that park last month.

When you get your dates set and start the countdown, you can prepare to make any ADRs 180 days out. That was easy to do online. Your Fps come later and everything will be on your Magic Bands.

I’m sure others will fill in more suggestions for you. Happy planning!!! :slight_smile:

My family loves CSR! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR offers a few deluxe amenities at a mod price. They are home to the largest hot tub and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide, arcade and playground area are all located at the main pool.

The rooms have queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink. CBR is starting to get the sliding doors with this latest rehab. A CSR rehab will begin in January 2015 to freshen up the rooms.

CSR also offers business class level rooms with access to the Coconino lounge. Other amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

They offer the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don’t have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

Sept/Oct time frame would be great. The F&W Festival is a very fun event. We will be there again this year in Nov.

[QUOTE=buzz2001;1919093675]My family loves CSR! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR offers a few deluxe amenities at a mod price. They are home to the largest hot tub and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide, arcade and playground area are all located at the main pool.

The rooms have queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink. CBR is starting to get the sliding doors with this latest rehab. A CSR rehab will begin in January 2015 to freshen up the rooms.

CSR also offers business class level rooms with access to the Coconino lounge. Other amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

They offer the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don’t have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

Sept/Oct time frame would be great. The F&W Festival is a very fun event. We will be there again this year in Nov.[/QUOTE]

Buzz, there may have been some updates to all the mods since you last checked…:slight_smile:

All of Port Orleans, Riverside and French Quarter have had Queen beds and flat screen TVs for a few years now…and…I have never had the combined shampoo/conditioner in the room…always separate and plentiful as well as wonderful soap and lotion…no sliding doors between room and sink but a curtain and double sink area with vanity… I have not stayed in a value resort in about 9 years so I can’t vouch for them though. I thought I read that all the mod resorts were to have queen beds now but I may be wrong. That does make a difference for families. Although occasionally POFQ will share a bus with Riverside next door, our trip last month we only did that once the whole week, and it didn’t take long at all…we never have a bus problem at POFQ. Just want to be sure we are clear with facts. :blush:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1919093673]Hi Stacey. We have been to WDW many different times of the year—except for spring. The early fall and winter after the holidays seem to be the least crowded. We have found that 5-6 nights is good to be able to do everything without being stressed. Our favorite Mod resort is Port Orleans French Quarter. We like it there because it is small, and not far to the bus or food court from your room. The bus service has always been very good.

As far as places to eat…we are not big on the Sit Down restaurants—food is not our objective, however, I think everyone should try the Be Our Guest Restaurant at least once for dinner. It was so much fun and the food was excellent. We also like Marrekesch in Morroco—the food is good and it’s never very crowded. 50’s Prime Time is our choice in DHS. We don’t usually eat in the AK—in fact did not even visit that park last month.

When you get your dates set and start the countdown, you can prepare to make any ADRs 180 days out. That was easy to do online. Your Fps come later and everything will be on your Magic Bands.

I’m sure others will fill in more suggestions for you. Happy planning!!! :)[/QUOTE]

Hey SmallWorld!

Thank you so much for your reply! I did go between Thanksgiving and Christmas once in I believe 2005 or 2006 and you’re right it was lovely! The weather was a bit chilly though! haha. :blink: And good! I’m glad to hear 5-6 is a nice number. I’ve never gone for under 8 days and my DBF hasn’t been there in a while I wanna make sure I have time to show him everything but still let it be a relaxing time for him! haha.

I have stayed at POFQ before and I agree-- I LOVED it! However, the past few years with the free dining POFQ hasn’t participated in offering the DDP. So I think if we go mod we may lean toward Coronado Springs— HAS ANYONE STAYED THERE? lol Because it seems like a lovely resort-- although I have been warned about the business center attracting a lot of corporate conventions!!!

Thank you for the restaurant reco’s! Sitting down and eating in Disney is actually one of my favorite parts of the trip and I’m always very competitive about getting those ADR’s! But theres still plenty of places I’m interested in trying! I appreciate all the advice!

I haven’t been to Disney since they incorporated the magic bands at the FP+ so I’m interested in seeeing how that goes… and a little nervous! I’m not used to not knowing EVERY little thing about a Disney vacation haha. But you always gotta learn right… keep moving forward!

[QUOTE=buzz2001;1919093675]My family loves CSR! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR offers a few deluxe amenities at a mod price. They are home to the largest hot tub and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide, arcade and playground area are all located at the main pool.

Sept/Oct time frame would be great. The F&W Festival is a very fun event. We will be there again this year in Nov.[/QUOTE]

Oh thats good to hear! I am actually very interested in trying Coronado Springs… it’s a resort I never really considered before. But like I mentioned, if we are going to try and go during free dining… CS is one of the mod’s that still participates and it looks like the nicest option out of those! I guess we shall wait and see when free dining is announced! :happy: Thank you!

…I think one of the reasons that POFQ rarely participates in the DP is because it is such a popular resort, that it doesn’t have to. lol We never use the DP so it doesn’t matter to us, but if you do want the DP than yes, you would need to go to another Mod such as CSR. POFQ is booked up well in advance from what people tell me.