Planning help please

Hi, I’m not sure if this is in the right place but I couldn’t find anywhere else to put it. Feel free to move it if it needs to be.

I am planning my first WDW vacation and I am starting to feel overwhelmed. I leave on Sept 11 so I get to book my ADR on June 13. I have no idea how to know where I want to eat and on what day. I have park hoppers so I am thinking that making a schedule won’t be as important as it is for people in one park on a specific day.

I have seen people on other boards talking about excel spreadsheets that they use to plan anything. Is there anyone here that is willing to share theirs? If so I would really appreciate it. My email address is noahs.girl@hotmail.com

I have a million random questions but I don’t want to post them all here. I’m thinking of starting a random questions thread for questions that other people may be thinking but don’t want to start a whole thread for one answer. Anyone else think it would be helpful?

Sorry for rambling.
Kim

Hi Kim! You are not rambling at all. Planning your first trip can be very overwhelming! Try looking at allears dining information. Here’s a link. Once you’ve looked over the information there, you might be able to decide for yourself what you want or have more specific questions.:happy: Walt Disney World Dining Menus Information
Happy planning!

Disney World Crowd Calendar — The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World another website that you might want to check out as you plan which parks you want to visit each day. There is a book that goes along with this website-Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World-which is wonderful, and you might want to purchase it if you haven’t already. If you don’t want to purchase it, you can access touring plans and crowd calendars on the website for a small fee.

Hi Kim.
I’m not too sure if you have my Email still. If so feel free to Email me any questions you have.
I don’t do spread sheets. Once I make my ADRs I put them into my cell phone and set alarm so I know where I’m going and when. I think Sept hours come out on Monday June 1st. (I hope) I don’t have hoppers this trip so I decided to make most ADRs out of parks or at places that are easy to get to.
Again, if you need help feel free to Email me. I’m going to be at POP 9-10 to 9-20 for my DDs8th bday

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;964523]Hi Kim.
I’m not too sure if you have my Email still. If so feel free to Email me any questions you have.
I don’t do spread sheets. Once I make my ADRs I put them into my cell phone and set alarm so I know where I’m going and when. I think Sept hours come out on Monday June 1st. (I hope) I don’t have hoppers this trip so I decided to make most ADRs out of parks or at places that are easy to get to.
Again, if you need help feel free to Email me. I’m going to be at POP 9-10 to 9-20 for my DDs8th bday[/QUOTE]Putting your times in your phone with an alarm is a GREAT idea!

Here is a site with a spreadsheet for planning your trip :wink:
PS Calculator: WDW Planning Webtools

Just go with the fact that you will not be able to see everything on your first trip. If you attempt that, you will be under too much pressure and not enjoy the moment.

When there is free dining, its a good idea to make adr’s to guarantee you get to enjoy some of the sit downs. Just look at the menus at All Ears and see what you like. Make a list and then call in June to see what’s available and work around that.

Park Hoppers is a great idea. That way you are under no stress to get adrs for the park you plan for that day. We often hit one park in the morning, go back to the resort for swimming and relaxation, and then end at another park in the evening. It makes it so much more relaxing not having too tight of a schedule. Also, a couple of times we planned on being at one park, and it was packed, so moved onto the next, with much better crowds.

We always make a small list of two must sees per person per day at the park we are going to. That way, everyone gets to do something they like, but it’s again, not too overpowering. The remainder of the day is “go with the flow.”

Enjoy, and remember if you stick to too tight a schedule, all it does is bring pressure on everyone, and then it’s not a vacation.

[QUOTE=Dopey;964533]Here is a site with a spreadsheet for planning your trip :wink:
PS Calculator: WDW Planning Webtools[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Iris! I don’t think I’ve ever seen that website before. Boy, it’s chock full of good WDW information, isn’t it?

Spontaneity … Say it with me S-P-O…you get the point!
Relax and enjoy your gathering of info, This is something that requires you to expect the unexpected. Hmmmm , any other metaphors feel free to throw in :laugh:. No, you won’t see everything on your first trip…but that’s the beauty of it , you want to come back and see what you missed the first time!

I still cant believe that the family and I have made four trips in just over two years, I thought it was more like three!!! HAVE FUN… NO STRESS and always remember … Dreams Come True ! ! !

WHO SAYS YOU CAN’T HAVE MORE THAN 4 MORTGAGES ON YOUR HOUSE? ha’ :pirate:

Hey Kim,

it’s overwhelming, but exciting isn’t it :laugh:

Enjoy the moment and take it all in. Slowly.

This will be Sandy’s and my 5th straight year and we still get the goosebumps planning. Start slow. One thing at a time. If you start trying to juggle ADR’s and shows and parades and theme parks in your head you will drive yourself batty.

Pick Day 2 (day 1 is always a travel day so we don’t do much accept maybe downtown Disney and eating), and start from Wake-up all the way to bedtime. Play your selections over and over in your head and on paper until they feel solid and move on to Day 3.
Avoid trying to do too much or squeeze too much fun in there. (At least not right off the bat).

You’re going to want to see and do it all, but you won’t. We still can’t. Don’t hit yourself over the head because of it. There’s just too much to do unless you are spending 4 months down there.

The most important thing is to have fun. The planning should be fun too. Just ask Dana the “Packin’ Kraken” :laugh:

And there’s a ton of very helpful people here that will be more than happy to get you through so you don’t go crazy before you get there.

The planning might be my favorite part.:ph34r:

Nah! But it IS fun!:laugh:

I know how you feel Kim!!! But keep with it!!! I’m know it will be worth it!! And the wonderful people here at Mousebuzz are extremely helpful especially for us first timers!!! I think I would be lost without this wonderful group!!

that is for sure. when I first found that site, I spent hours going through everything :happy:

Just take it one thing at a time an enjoy it! :slight_smile:

This is my second trip but first time making a spread sheet,

This is not the plan set in stone just a reference point with hours, parades times, extra magic hours etc.
It is mostly for the ADR’s time and locations.
That way if we get separated or someone goes back to the hotel, to swim or not feeling well, they will know were we will be.

Last trip was with 13 and we had no issues with times etc., this time only 8 in the group.
That was the one thing we all said would have come in handy.

As always, go to All Ears.net and read all the menus.
That’s perhaps the best place to start when trying to plan meals.

Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World

I always do a spreadsheet myself. It’s my favorite way to organize my vacation days. I include park hours, EMH, ADR’s, flight and hotel confirmation numbers, etc.

But mostly it helps me have a reference each day for what lies ahead.

Which dining plan do you have? Standard or Deluxe?

Hi Kim,

Have fun with your planning! Don’t be overwhelmed and above all else remember that you are going to disney!

I don’t do a spreadsheet, I simply make a little table in word and jot down where my family might like to go. Having two little girls meant a lot of princess meals! I aggree with the suggestions of using the unofficial guide and Deb’s site. Allears gives you comprehensive information about all things at the World and it is very helpful.

I can tell you, GREAT idea with the spreadsheet. We have been doing it the past two years and there is sooooo much to plan you have to do it. You will not regret it.