Planning question . . . in the right forum

:blush: Posted it in the wrong place the first time . . .

So, we’ve got this funky WDW virus again . . . much sooner than we expected. I didn’t think we’d be talking about another trip until later this year but it seems every time we’ve turned around in the last couple of weeks, something Disney related has appeared (NOT with my help, mind you ) and we look at each other and without even speaking we know that we’re all pining to go again. So, we’ve ruled out this spring because we need to save money. We’d really like to take the leap and save big for AKL or the Polynesian (we’ve typically done Pop), which means we’re also going to go against everything I’ve ever said about taking DS out of school to go to WDW. But, in order to afford a deluxe, we have to go during value season. And I have to accept the fact that I’ll have to take a couple of payroll deduct days, which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of value season. But whatever. I digress.
All that being said, when IS the best of the value times (aka, smallest crowds) to go . . . the week after Thanksgiving? The week after that? Or in January? The third week of August? We like to swim in the resort pool (remember, we’re in Wisconsin and 70 degrees feels good to us in the winter months). These seem to be our best options to travel. Any thoughts, insight, advice, whatever, is appreciated!

This will be the second time I’m taking my boys out of school for the end of April/beginning of May. Last time 2007 it was great. Low crowds, great swimming weather…

[QUOTE=smee57;1011247]:blush: Posted it in the wrong place the first time . . .

So, we’ve got this funky WDW virus again . . . much sooner than we expected. I didn’t think we’d be talking about another trip until later this year but it seems every time we’ve turned around in the last couple of weeks, something Disney related has appeared (NOT with my help, mind you ) and we look at each other and without even speaking we know that we’re all pining to go again. So, we’ve ruled out this spring because we need to save money. We’d really like to take the leap and save big for AKL or the Polynesian (we’ve typically done Pop), which means we’re also going to go against everything I’ve ever said about taking DS out of school to go to WDW. But, in order to afford a deluxe, we have to go during value season. And I have to accept the fact that I’ll have to take a couple of payroll deduct days, which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of value season. But whatever. I digress.
All that being said, when IS the best of the value times (aka, smallest crowds) to go . . . the week after Thanksgiving? The week after that? Or in January? The third week of August? We like to swim in the resort pool (remember, we’re in Wisconsin and 70 degrees feels good to us in the winter months). These seem to be our best options to travel. Any thoughts, insight, advice, whatever, is appreciated![/QUOTE]

Hmmm so many questions! First off, friends went last January and they were cold, even by Michigan standards. No swimming. But traditionally, good deals on rooms, right now, there is 40% off on deluxes.

The week after Thanksgiving is generally an ideal time to go. You could definitely swim then, being Wisconsin blooded.:happy:

BUT I propose the third week of Sept. so that we can be there at the same time.:wink:

hehehe

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1011306]

BUT I propose the third week of Sept. so that we can be there at the same time.:wink:

hehehe[/QUOTE]

Value season?? Hmmmm. That does have posibilities . . . :happy:

Sally, I’m soooo excited for you. :goofybounce:We’ve gone many times the week after Thanksgiving and love it. It is value season and the crowds aren’t bad. We’ve experienced hot, just right and cool weather at that time. Never cold though. Then you have the Christmas decorations.:tinytree: Magical!!! Can’t wait to hear your decision. Oh, though we’ve never stayed at the Poly, we checked it out and it’s beautiful. Can’t beat being on the monorail either.:wub:

Thanks, Loretta. :happy: We’re struggling with figuring out the best time to go, taking everything into account. We always over-analyze! :redface: But we’ve got time. :happy:

If you’ve never been during the Christmas season, go then. Like the first or second week of December.

I love it that time of year.

Yes, it’s a little cool for the pools though, but you can swim anywhere.