Please DO NOT throw rotten eggs at me

I have been up since wee hours of the morn today with alot of things on my mind and one of them is my March Disney trip. I would LOVE to go for my birthday and stay at BWV but after REALLY thinking into it I think its too close to be able to come up with the money. I would have no problem but I need to fence my yard in by the end of the month and I wanted to finish my bathroom and get done. DH and I dont charge anything. If we dont have the cash we dont buy it. So with that said I think March is a little too early to go to WDW since I have soooo much things to do around here. SO… With that said… Ed asked me today what are we doing for Easter this year as we ALWAYS to go Virginia and go camping at our favorite spot, Cherrystone. So I was thinking and thinking and he said lets just do DIsney for Easter. We wont have to pay someone to watch the kids for the week they are out of school and My oldest wont have to miss school since we will be going in April for Spring break and not miss 5 days in March. So we decided that we would (i would) call MS today and check either WDW or HHI. SOOOOO we are going (FOR SURE) to WDW April 9th-13th SSR 1 bedroom. It was that or OKW and I wasnt going to OKW. I dont know why… I just heard bad things about it and I still want some WOW factor for DH so her can buy me more points for Christmas:laugh: I called MS and they dont have the 8th avail ANYWHERE so what Im going to do is actually fly to Orlando April8th after work and just check into a value and then start our DVC adventure on the 9th. The kids still dont want to do any parks but I want Ed to ride RnR so we are going to get the 1 day base ticket with the water park fun and more oprion that lets you have 2 options so we are going to go to HS one day. BB another and then DQ another. Then have a chill day and rent a boat go fishing do the Nascar race thing rent Sea racers and play bingo at the pool. So… I have never been to WDW for Easter. What is the weather and crowds like? We have the following planned for Dinner… (i dont like change so I stick with what I know)
4-9 WCC dinner
4-10 Ohana’s dinner:heart::wub:
4-11 1900 park fare (Ed’s choice):blow::pinch:
4-12 Easter Chef Mickeys for dinner. Now the last time I did CM I didnt like it. I hope its better this time. If anyone has any better ideas for Easter please let me know. Outside the parks that is.

I was going to just buy AP’s via DVC but for some reason the kids are tired of the parks and they keep saying they want to just chill.

Also… The “Easter Bunny” needs to make a stop at the hotel. I was thinking of booking a pirate cruise and have the tickets in the baskets and making a pirate themed basket. What do you think???

Thanks all for putting up with me and my many many mind changing decisions. :laugh:

It’s good that you are still going and your DH is going with you this time.
You should try OKW sometime. We have stayed there twice and would stay there again in a heart beat.

We’ve done WDW twice during our Easter break. Weather is perfect! Crowds are heavy but I thought Christmas was heavier. If you go with the knowledge and attitude that a million other people want to share in the Disney magic with you, you’ll be fine! :laugh::pinch::happy: Really, we don’t mind the crowds. Others hate them.
The pirate themed baskets sound like a cool idea!!
Have fun planning!!

[QUOTE=smee57;923195]We’ve done WDW twice during our Easter break. Weather is perfect! Crowds are heavy but I thought Christmas was heavier. If you go with the knowledge and attitude that a million other people want to share in the Disney magic with you, you’ll be fine! :laugh::pinch::happy: Really, we don’t mind the crowds. Others hate them.
The pirate themed baskets sound like a cool idea!!
Have fun planning!![/QUOTE]

I just came back from Christmas there. It wasnt too bad like I thought it would be except NYE. We had breakfast at CRT and was out of the parks by 1 am because we couldnt move. I had a scooter for 1 day because some kid ran my foot over with a heely and I had NO skin on 2 of my toes and it hurt sooo bad:laugh: so If I can do Christmas I can probally do anything in Disney with my eyes closed and hands tied behind my back:laugh::laugh:

sounds like fun, but I am curious why your kids don’t want to do any parks? It would be really hard for me to even drive through Orlando, and not stop. Sounds like a really fun trip though. No rotten eggs at all-just flowers and Easter eggs for Easter.

[QUOTE=2nd Star;923193]It’s good that you are still going and your DH is going with you this time.
You should try OKW sometime. We have stayed there twice and would stay there again in a heart beat.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought it was old and needed to be updated?? What about the TV? OF it really a 13inch?

That’s the spirit!! :laugh::happy:

We just got back from 13 days at Disney for Christmas break. They didnt have time to “relax” as they like to call it. They want a vacation from their vacation as my oldest likes to call it:laugh:

How about going to Universal and IOA? We just did last trip cause DH wanted to change it up a bit. We did both parks in one day(what we always did in College) and with the AAA discount it was $65 per person.

I have always wanted a trip like that, but it would be really hard knowing that it is right around the corner… You will have a different appreciation for Disney than me- I am envious! (But I am also excited for you too).

You believe too much of what you read.

OKW is a great resort.

In fact, there isn’t a DVC resort that doesn’t have it’s own charms.

I find that people tend to rate a resort on situations that they might encounter (nasty CMs, problems with the bus, tissues left in the waste basket, problems checking in). Don’t take so much too heart. Go and find out for yourself.

I’d stay at any of the DVC properties in a flash - with no regrets as to which one it is - and I’ve stayed at all of them except the AK. Someday I’ll stay there - but I won’t disrupt a whole trip if I can only get into OKW.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;923189]Please DO NOT throw rotten eggs at me…
[/QUOTE]

I think the tv may be 19"?

Does anyone actually watch TV while on vacation at WDW? I always turn it on to a WDW channel so I get some Disney music but that’s all I really want, I’m there to escape the real world.

I never watch tv at WDW - not even the WDW channels unless I need the weather or something. I’m the same way - I want to escape from all the bad stuff for awhile. It’s always waiting there for me when we leave anyway.:glare:

I have stayed there twice with no issue. The TV is a 19inch and not a selling point on the resort for me anyway. I actually wanted it again this trip, but it was booked. Didn’t you already make your resort decision? you are making my head spin with the way your change your mind…How many times have you been to WDW? You have definately been there to know that even the best resort can have glitches and what is considered to be the worse can be home to some. Just go…experience it and decide for yourself. You were the one who only a few short months ago was all about the values cause you didn’t spend any time in the room…I don’t get this at all.

Here is a link to the allearsnet.com page that will show you lots of photos of OKW. Here is one where you can see that the TV in teh living room is much bigger than 13". I have no idea where that info could have come from. There is another photo of the kitchen/DR. Looks wonderful to me.

Old Key West Photos

Her eis the link for the photos of SSR, so you can see that it is lovely too. No matter which DVC you choose, it will be lovely, well-appointed, luxurious and packed iwth activities and fun stuff, so don’t worry so much.

Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa Photos

I loved OKW. Like I said you need to experience things for yourself instead of listening to what everyone else thinks.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;923237]Her eis the link for the photos of SSR, so you can see that it is lovely too. No matter which DVC you choose, it will be lovely, well-appointed, luxurious and packed iwth activities and fun stuff, so don’t worry so much.

Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa Photos[/QUOTE]

They both are lovely. I like OKW rooms mostly because they have two double beds and not the stupid pull out couch. Me and DD are going to fight over who gets to sleep on which…bank on it.:laugh: