Please Help! How would I get to

Ohana breakfast at 7:30 in the AM from POP Wednesday? I just called and booked the breakfast that I have been trying to get all day every day for the last 2 weeks. Only problem is that it is 7:30 am and the CM said that the bus wont start to run til 8. How would I go about getting a cab and how much would it cost? Is there any other poss ways besides a cab? For some reason I dont really trust a cab to get us there on time. I was late to my own wedding by 2 hours from a LIMO!!!:eek: so yeah… I have transportation worries:laugh:

Try this. Orlando Airport Limousine, Towncar, Motorcoach, Passenger Van - Charter Rates

You should be fine, buses start running at least 2 hours before the park opens. We have made early breakfast reservations using WDW transportation in the past. We set a time limit and if a bus hasn’t come by a certain time we hop in a cab and go to breakfast, no stress that way. At SSR we had to call for a cab but at BCV and BW there have always been cabs waiting for guests to hop in. The guys at Bell services are great about helping out. Most of the time twenty dollars will cover the ride and tip. I really don’t see how a cab could make you late at WDW if you allow enough time to get there. In fact the cab rides we have taken are usually FAST, too fast sometimes.

we took a cab the last two times to dinner at narcooses once form the pop and once form port Orleans both time we just asked the desk and they directed us. we walked out to the cab waiting. weird though the ride back to the pop from gf cost less then the ride too.

Does the Mk open early that day for EMH? If so, you can catch the bus… if not, the bus might only be running an hour before park open-in which case I would suggest a cab…

Bus to MK and either resort launch or monorail to the Poly.
The character breakfasts on the beam are all popular and service to the MK starts early in order to allow guests at other resorts to get to breakfast without resorting to taxis.

TAXI is the only way to make it there by 7:30am. It will cost you $14ish plus tip. You can gamble and try to take the frist MK bus that may be around 7am or so and then take the monorail which may or may not be running. Do yourself a favor and either change the ADR to 8am or taxi over there.

Thanks Dana. The CM at POP said this was the only way to get there by 7:30. Ive been trying to get the ADR there for breakfast for 3 weeks. I call 10/15 times a day. So today when I called she said the only avail is 7:30 probally thinking I wasnt going to take it :laugh: I guess Ill get the cab because I refuse to stand in line without kids to see characters unless its a short line so it kills a few birds with one stone :laugh:

The cast member was wrong. Dead wrong.

First of all, you didn’t speak to anyone located at Pop Century. You called a call center. Disney publishes so-called “direcr numbers” to each of its resorts, but it’s an illusion, pure Disney magic. Those calls are ALL shunted to a call center with a very boring name: “Main Switchboard” (yes, that’s the actual name). The cast member who answers the phone can see where you were trying to call and answers the phone that way.

The huge probnlem with all this is that call center cast members are NOT trained in all aspects of WDW. They are trained ONLY in resort reservation sales, dining reservations and ticket sales. They are NOT experts in how the resorts operate, how the transportation system operates, and so on. In fact, to many of us, it’s been a good source of laughs to hear what BAAAAAAD information gets put out by call center cast members.

The other problem is that even the resort cast members are trained only in the operations of that resort and are not trained in other aspects, including the operation of Disney Transport buses. In other words, when you’re at the resort, you can’t even count on a correct answer from the staff unless it has to do with the resort itself (such as when the pool opens, and so on).

While you are actually at
Here are the facts:
Disney Transport buses start running to each of the theme parks at about 6:30 to 6:45 a.m. Every day. It has nothing to do with the Extra Magic Hours schedule. They run this way every day.

If you are at Pop’s bus stop by 6:30 a.m., I guarantee that you can be at 'Ohana for your 7:30 a.m. ADR, as long as there isn’t a huge problem such as the bus breaking down. You’ll take the bus to Magic Kingdom, and then the resort monorail to Polynesian. You’ll get off the monorail and walk from the platform directly into the second floor of Poly’s Great Ceremonial House (it’s the only place you can walk to from the platform), and you’ll see 'Ohana across the atrium at the other side of the second floor.

In fact, if you tell the driver you’re going to Polynesian for a breakfast ADR at 'Ohana, he/she might drop you off directly at the Poly. Disney Transport drivers pick their work shifts according to seniority. For the most part, the most experienced drivers tend to prefer the morning shift. Therefore, you’ll have the most experienced drivers in those morning hours. And the people who choose to stay in that job (and who are permitted to stay in that job) usually love their work and enjoy providing guests with great service … they certainly don’t stay there for the great pay!:ohmy: In other words, you have a decent shot of being dropped off right at Poly, if you ask nicely, rather than being dropped off at MK and then monorailing over from there.

While you are actually at WDW, please ask any Disney Transport questions ONLY of the bus drivers themselves. THEY are the only true experts in that subject matter. Every driver will know every route, every start and stop time, etc. Some may not wish to talk while driving, but you can usually find some of them hanging around not far from the bus area of each of the theme parks. Please rely on THEIR expertise and their expertise alone, rather than asking park or resort staff your transportation questions.

Anyway …
It’s an old and strong but INCORRECT rumor that buses start running only one hour before park opening.

Well thanks for the info but I kinda beg to differ due to that I was just there this week and there wasnt a single bus our there at 7am when I had to get a cab NOR was there any busses running ANYWHERE onthe roads at that time. I actually DID call POP because when the CM answered she id herself as “whoever” at POP century. I wish you were right about the whole 6-7 am thing bc it would have saved me $20 but thanks

Well, it certainly stinks that there wasn’t a bus there when there was supposed to be. It was the very unlucky exception rather than the rule. I’ve been on such early buses myself, plus I once saw them every day fir a week from the balcony of my MK-view room at Poly, dropping off guests at the MK bus area as early as 6:45 a.m.

And like I said, call center CMs see on their computer screen where you are calling, and they answer the phone in that manner. If you have a very specific question that they don’t think they can handle, they have the option of putting you on bold while they call the resort itself. The resort staff who answers that call has the option of taking or refusing your call; if they refuse, then the call center CM gets back on with you and provides some answer or another. This is info I’ve received from numerous CMs, I’m not assuming anything or making it up. The fact that the person who answered your call introduced herself as a Pop CM is an example of my point, it doesn’t contradict my point in any way.

In any case, the bus problem you had was indeed a problem, not a typical circumstance. I hope your trip was otherwise a smashing success! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1032941]Well, it certainly stinks that there wasn’t a bus there when there was supposed to be. It was the very unlucky exception rather than the rule. I’ve been on such early buses myself, plus I once saw them every day fir a week from the balcony of my MK-view room at Poly, dropping off guests at the MK bus area as early as 6:45 a.m.

And like I said, call center CMs see on their computer screen where you are calling, and they answer the phone in that manner. If you have a very specific question that they don’t think they can handle, they have the option of putting you on bold while they call the resort itself. The resort staff who answers that call has the option of taking or refusing your call; if they refuse, then the call center CM gets back on with you and provides some answer or another. This is info I’ve received from numerous CMs, I’m not assuming anything or making it up. The fact that the person who answered your call introduced herself as a Pop CM is an example of my point, it doesn’t contradict my point in any way.

In any case, the bus problem you had was indeed a problem, not a typical circumstance. I hope your trip was otherwise a smashing success! :-)[/QUOTE]

Ohhh…, Got ya!! Well I doubt Ill be having any trouble with the bus service anytime soon. My husband just bought me DVC at BLT so I plan on using the monarail service every time:wub:

Congrats! The next time I drive on the Route 42 freeway (I live in Atlantic City) I’ll roll down my window and scream out in sheer jealousy!!!

I’m posting this because it seems that this past Saturday, there was one of those unexpected major disruptions early in the day.
Seven Seas Way (the street that divides the TTC parking lot from the actual TTC) had been closed overnight for repaving and was supposed to reopen at 5 AM. It didn’t and at 7 when buses needed to be rolling, Disney Transport was having major problems getting buses out of dispatch to the resorts and even worse, major problems getting buses back from the MK and TTC. It was so bad that they had to send buses the long way around the MK (over the top) in order to get buses from World Drive heading to the Contemporary and MK to World Drive heading south past the car care center and the main bus service center and parking lot. And you can well imagine how difficult it was to get buses to the Poly itself!. Things were so bad that at 9 AM, at the Pop, there was a constant line of about 150-200 guests waiting for MK buses. It was so bad that about 20 guests decided to take the Epcot bus and then monorail to the MK. It took me about 90 minutes to get to the MK.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1033450]I’m posting this because it seems that this past Saturday, there was one of those unexpected major disruptions early in the day.
Seven Seas Way (the street that divides the TTC parking lot from the actual TTC) had been closed overnight for repaving and was supposed to reopen at 5 AM. It didn’t and at 7 when buses needed to be rolling, Disney Transport was having major problems getting buses out of dispatch to the resorts and even worse, major problems getting buses back from the MK and TTC. It was so bad that they had to send buses the long way around the MK (over the top) in order to get buses from World Drive heading to the Contemporary and MK to World Drive heading south past the car care center and the main bus service center and parking lot. And you can well imagine how difficult it was to get buses to the Poly itself!. Things were so bad that at 9 AM, at the Pop, there was a constant line of about 150-200 guests waiting for MK buses. It was so bad that about 20 guests decided to take the Epcot bus and then monorail to the MK. It took me about 90 minutes to get to the MK.[/QUOTE]

Sunday morning was worse. Ironman was being run and the whole resort…WHOLE RESORT was thrown into a traffic nightmare for most of the morning. Cars and buses were backed up everywhere…I was not very happy…Jersey Tigger made an appearance.

tinkerbelle24, might I suggest the real solution to your problem. Sleep in the lobby of the polly. They have really comfortable chairs and I am sure you could find a corner to catch a few zzzz’s in.

Thank me later.

[QUOTE=tigger;1033456]tinkerbelle24, might I suggest the real solution to your problem. Sleep in the lobby of the polly. They have really comfortable chairs and I am sure you could find a corner to catch a few zzzz’s in.

Thank me later.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: :laugh: Thanks Tigger~ I actually told my husband that and he thought we may have been arrested:laugh: I actually thought of sleeping by the pool BUT I will remember that for my Sept trip. Im not booking any early ADRs for that trip:glare:

[QUOTE=tigger;1033456]tinkerbelle24, might I suggest the real solution to your problem. Sleep in the lobby of the polly. They have really comfortable chairs and I am sure you could find a corner to catch a few zzzz’s in.

Thank me later.[/QUOTE]

If I didn’t see who posted this, I’d have been certain this came from Boss Mouse.
Then again, you and I have both been infected with his madness for some time now.

I’m not so sure that would happen. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen whole groups of people hanging out in deluxe lobbies at WDW with all their baggage, waiting, for very long periods of time. For transportation to the airport I imagine.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1034155]If I didn’t see who posted this, I’d have been certain this came from Boss Mouse.
Then again, you and I have both been infected with his madness for some time now.[/QUOTE]

It is more like a bad uncomfortable embarrassing rash…