Please help me decide

I just booked a birthday trip for March 11 to March 15. I booked SSR 1 bedroom. When I booked I asked if WL had avail and DVC said no but when I called the main # I got a reservation so in the morn I was going to call DVC and switch over but should I keep SSR Or change to WL? Does anyone have any pics or the WL DVC rooms? What’s the pros & cons of WL? Thanks!

WL is gorgeous. you can find pictures on Allears.net. Switch over and try some new if you can get it.

I’m not sure if this is what you explained, but it sounds like DVC didn’t have WL available and central reservations did. If this is the case, DVC can’t “switch” it over because they are not the same reservation system. Sorry if I’m not explaining this clearly.

(I’m assuming you meant to use points)

[QUOTE=leslieh;921182]I’m not sure if this is what you explained, but it sounds like DVC didn’t have WL available and central reservations did. If this is the case, DVC can’t “switch” it over because they are not the same reservation system. Sorry if I’m not explaining this clearly.

(I’m assuming you meant to use points)[/QUOTE]
DVC rep told me they could but ya never know.I hope so but if not its ok SSR is beautiful

[QUOTE=Dana;921179]WL is gorgeous. you can find pictures on Allears.net. Switch over and try some new if you can get it.[/QUOTE] oh yeah… I forgot about allears. Thanks

I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying. DVC said there were not one bedrooms at VWL so you booked SSR. Then you called CRO (the regular WDW number to book WDW resorts) and they had a one bedroom at VWL so you booked in on cash and now you want to switch from cash to points?

Did I get that right?

If that’s the case someone gave you incorrect information. If the room belongs to CRO you can’t book it on points through DVC. DVC gave that room to CRO when a member traded out for a cruise or RCI.

You can always waitlist if the resort you want is booked.

just asking but by any chance if you called already are the points your using the developer points or the regular points? because remember that the developer points are only in SSR.

I was so dissapointed when they told me that I already had my hopes up to get WLV, AKV or even BWV. that would have been SUPER cool!

[QUOTE=DiZ NeE O8;921212]just asking but by any chance if you called already are the points your using the developer points or the regular points? because remember that the developer points are only in SSR.

I was so dissapointed when they told me that I already had my hopes up to get WLV, AKV or even BWV. that would have been SUPER cool![/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I was going to ask. When I bought my AKV, they told me the I couldn’t use my AKV points until May (I think) so everything up to that point was developer points only at SSR. Not like I"m complaining because it turns out I really like SSR.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;921205]I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying. DVC said there were not one bedrooms at VWL so you booked SSR. Then you called CRO (the regular WDW number to book WDW resorts) and they had a one bedroom at VWL so you booked in on cash and now you want to switch from cash to points?

Did I get that right?

If that’s the case someone gave you incorrect information. If the room belongs to CRO you can’t book it on points through DVC. DVC gave that room to CRO when a member traded out for a cruise or RCI.

You can always waitlist if the resort you want is booked.[/QUOTE]

That’s what I was thinking…

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;921205]I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying. DVC said there were not one bedrooms at VWL so you booked SSR. Then you called CRO (the regular WDW number to book WDW resorts) and they had a one bedroom at VWL so you booked in on cash and now you want to switch from cash to points?

Did I get that right?

You can always waitlist if the resort you want is booked.[/QUOTE]
I probally got a new CM on the phone. I’m going to call in the morn and see.when iu booked my last trip that’s what we did. DVC was able to pull the reservation for me

[QUOTE=DiZ NeE O8;921212]just asking but by any chance if you called already are the points your using the developer points or the regular points? because remember that the developer points are only in SSR.

I was so dissapointed when they told me that I already had my hopes up to get WLV, AKV or even BWV. that would have been SUPER cool![/QUOTE]
Na…its reg pts. I use all my developer pts for my christmas trip I just came back from

oh! ok! that sounds good then!

I think you got a special favor that doesn’t happen often at all. DVC keeps a certain number of rooms as breakage in case something happens at the last minute and a room has to be pulled out of service. The rooms CRO have are different and usually can’t be given back to DVC because that’s how DVC pays for our trades.

Oh…I understand now.well SSR is still beautiful. Thanks for the info