PLEASE HELP! Questions about Disney Face Characters

I’m taking an economics class for school. The project I’m working on right now is future job, salary and so on. Anyway, my dream job would be working as a face character at one of the Disney parks.

Does anyone know how much they get paid?

I am 5’4" which characters could I be?
My dream face character(s) would be Alice/Wendy, but I believe I’m too tall. :crying:

Any suggestions, advice and stories would be greatly appreciated!! :heart:

I have looked into this a lot!! This is what i have found
to be a princess/alice/wendy or any of those kinds of characters you have to be 4’11-5’4
and you have to be a size 4 because there are so many characters they only have one size of each costume.

I also don’t know the exact amount they get paid but it is just a bit more than the minimum wage, also depending on the character and their role

I’m not sure if anyone can give you a direct answer on salary. If you’re on College Program, it’s going to be different than if you’re a regular Disney Cast Member. The best person to answer your questions is going to be Rowdy who has been friends to many different characters at the Disney parks.

Biebs, I think you’re off on your character heights. Princesses are in the 5’4-5’6 range. Tink and friends are 5’2 and under, as are the “children” Wendy and Alice. And I’m not sure about the size 4 thing. Think about it - if you’re 5’0 and a size 4, that’s a lot different than being 5’6 and a size 4. Not to mention, “size 4” is completely variable, especially with stores that give their clothing smaller sizes to make their customers feel better about their bodies and make the purchase.

[QUOTE=bieberlove;1124217]I have looked into this a lot!! This is what i have found
to be a princess/alice/wendy or any of those kinds of characters you have to be 4’11-5’4
and you have to be a size 4 because there are so many characters they only have one size of each costume.

I also don’t know the exact amount they get paid but it is just a bit more than the minimum wage, also depending on the character and their role[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

I’ve done some research. They had DW auditions this afternoon looking for Rapunzel, Cinderella, Jasmine, Ariel and Snow White anywhere from
5’3" - 5’7"

Also they were looking for Tinker Bell and Periwinkle 4’11" - 5’2"

I find it interesting that you can be hired as a character at DW age 16, but at DL you have to be 18.

At Disney Auditions they give all the info about upcoming auditions.

They say exactly what characters their looking for at DW. DL is usually more discrete.
For instance they are having auditions on Sunday looking for:

Females:
4’11" - 5’7", great presence and poise
Males:
5’2" - 5’6" with youthful charm and looks
5’11" - 6’2", acting experience a plus

Tell me if you find anything else out please! :happy:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1124219]I’m not sure if anyone can give you a direct answer on salary. If you’re on College Program, it’s going to be different than if you’re a regular Disney Cast Member. The best person to answer your questions is going to be Rowdy who has been friends to many different characters at the Disney parks.

Biebs, I think you’re off on your character heights. Princesses are in the 5’4-5’6 range. Tink and friends are 5’2 and under, as are the “children” Wendy and Alice. And I’m not sure about the size 4 thing. Think about it - if you’re 5’0 and a size 4, that’s a lot different than being 5’6 and a size 4. Not to mention, “size 4” is completely variable, especially with stores that give their clothing smaller sizes to make their customers feel better about their bodies and make the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Okay, Thank you! I’ll try to talk to Rowdy.

Then, let’s talk! Private message me. I’ll give you hints and tips as best I can :biggrin: