Please help with room selection @ SSR

Well, today was the day. I called DVC to make my first ever reservation as an owner. We had planned and booked each of the last five trips to the mouse ourselves. I haggled each booking like a pro. I knew the exact building and view I wanted at each resort every time I booked.

Today was different, we are DVC owners. I was very confident as I spoke with the DVC Guide. Then it happened. The DVC Guide asked me if I had a room preference. At that very moment, I felt like Ralph Kramden. :crying::crying: Hum a da, hum a da, hum a da. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, all I could think of saying was, “a room close to transportation.” :pinch::pinch: Doh……… At this point, I felt more like Ralphie from A Christmas Story just before Santa gives him the boot down the slide!!!

Can any SSR regulars tell me what I should have requested in a room???

TIA
Rick

If you want to be close to the main area Congress Park or The Springs is a good request. The Grandstand is a new area since our only stay at SSR and I believe it’s also close to the main area.

I requested the Springs for my Dec stay. I will let ya know how it was and the locations after Dec. I actually have 3 reservations for Dec… 3 nights in a studio 2 nights in a 1 bd and 3 nights back in a studio. thats all the had so I had to take what I could

We stayed at SSR in the summer of 2005 when SSR was still under alot of construction so it’s grown since then, but we stayed at the Springs…the side of the building near the pool and bus stop. Our room wasn’t far from the stairwell and the stairwell feeds closest to the bus stop and the pool was across the street. Perfect! Wish I could remember our room number for you.

Loved the word picture and Ralph Kramden reference. :laugh:

Been watching Honeymooners lately on WGN on Sunday nights. Gleason still cracks me up after all these years. Comedic genius. That’s about the only TV I watch these days.

Sorry, can’t help on SSR location.

I like The Springs…we stayed in 3524 if I remember right. It was near a bus stop and pool. Here is a map if you haven’t looked at one yet. http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/SSMap.pdf

[QUOTE=LURK;891898]Loved the word picture and Ralph Kramden reference. :laugh:

Been watching Honeymooners lately on WGN on Sunday nights. Gleason still cracks me up after all these years. Comedic genius. That’s about the only TV I watch these days.

Sorry, can’t help on SSR location.[/QUOTE]

When I was ten years old, 33 years ago, I would stay awake on Saturday nights to watch the Hooneymooners on channel 11 out of New York.

The Bensonhurst section of Brooklyn is the best. Forget Gotti, it is Kramden and Norton all the way.