Please tell me about Blizzard Beach!

When I renewed my passes, I received a one day pass for a waterpark, expires on 3/31! SO, we are going up on 3/7 and ONLY Blizzard Beach is open.

I’ve been to TL, but it was like 14 years ago! :blush: Waterparks really aren’t my thing . . . but DD9 is dying to go, and here’s our chance. (can’t beat FREE!)

I checked out the website, and snooped around other sites . . . but you all tell it like it is, so FILL ME IN!! :laugh:

Here is my problem: DD5 is 43" and DD9 is 53" so I’m afraid we won’t be able to do much, since everything seems listed by height. How strict are they in the kiddie area with NO KIDS OVER 48" rule?

Thanks! :heart:

I don’t have any info on the heights rule. But, I will say this, I like BB a lot more than TL. It seems like there is more to do and the rides are different than TL. I particularly like the Toboggan racers (which does not have a height requirement).

Toboggan Racers

I think your kids will be a at a great age for BB. We the love water parks but tend to stick to TL because our kids are so young (2/4/6) and there is more for the younger ones at TL. But 6/9 is a great age for BB! The “pre-teen” area(I forget the exact name of the area) has a lot for them to do. They are pretty sticky on height requirements, but there is plenty to do for all. The toboggan racers are great, the family raft ride is excellent and you call all do these together.
You will all have a great time! Enjoy!

We have been to BB twice and really liked both times. I think this summer we will attempt TL to see how it compares to BB. I hera good things about TL but I guess its what you are looking for in a waterpark. I like to try something different.

The pre-teen area at BB is awesome. I wish they had activities like that for adults. We liked TL a little better for adults.

I don’t even have TL as an option, because it reopens after my passes expire!

Thanks for all the info . . . I’m sure it will be FUN! So do you all tend to stay ALL DAY or should I plan a half of a day? With a nap then the parks at night?

Altho, the parks close at 8pm on the weekend we are going . . . boooooooo! :laugh:

We like to go when the park opens. You get a great choice of seating, and the park isn’t as busy as it will be later on in the afternoon. Usually a full morning of sun/water has us warn out by early afternoon. We usually have lunch and laze around the lazy river until we’re ready to go.

You could go back to the resort for a rest/freshen-up and head back to a park for dinner and evening fun, but our kids being younger tend to do well to just go back to the resort and relax there.

A half day is definitely long enough!

From my experience they’re very strict on height requirements. There is still plently to do at BB with you younger daughter. You’ll definitely have and awesome time.

I agree that half a day is plenty, but if you only have 1 day you may want to take full advantage and try to do the whole day.

[QUOTE=MickeyEars;933544]From my experience they’re very strict on height requirements. There is still plently to do at BB with you younger daughter. You’ll definitely have and awesome time.

I agree that half a day is plenty, but if you only have 1 day you may want to take full advantage and try to do the whole day.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but being a single Mom of two, I can’t be in two places at once! :redface:

So I was hoping that DD9 could hang in the kiddie area that was safe for DD5. DD9 is a WATER NUT, so she’s happy as long as water is around her!! :laugh:

We are going to leave Palm Beach about 7am and arrive at 10am opening. We’ll stay until we are tired then, check in to POP (I just booked it).

Thanks everyone!! :heart:

I’ve been to BB more times than I’ve been to TL.
I think I like BB better.
Both have most of the same slides or at least similar enough, though the signature slide at BB is the over tall Summit Plummit while TL features the Crush n’ Gusher water coaster.
Both have kiddie areas and both also have plenty of family slides (example-Teamboat Springs at BB). Both have long lazy rivers.
One warning, you will be doing a lot of climbing to get back to the tops of the slides.

oh I like them both as each has it’s own charm I am sure you will enjoy your day there