Please tell this is not true!

I was on Micechat recently, and there is a rumor going on that Al Lutz is considering putting a Starbucks in Mainstreet. This worries me dearly because it is really taking away from Walt’s Main Street. I wouldn’t care if it was in say Downtown Disney, but it takes the magic away in my opinion. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Maybe they are just going to feature Starbucks brand of coffee?

I’d just be happy to get some Real coffee in the place, geez! :eek:

to go from nescafe to an actual starbucks store on main street -holy tinkerbell, slow down. just provide some real brewed coffee on every corner (or so).

At the last minute, my DH decided that the coffeepot was just not necessary. Hmmph! Unfortunately the only times I got real coffee were after dinner - :eek:

but you’re right, an actual store would be just not right.

And that would be wonderful, because we all know how bad the coffee is in the parks

That’s what I was thinking. I could live with that. In fact, I would love it. But to have it called out as a starbucks on the maps and signs on main street and all, not so much.

What’s next… a cold stone creamery? :laugh::blink::ohmy:

I would think they would just be featuring Stabucks coffee somewhere like the bakery on Main Street. I don’t see Main Street hosting an actual Starbucks store!:laugh:
I’ll definately be stopping in there! I do have to say that I miss really good coffee on our trips and go through a withdrawl process while we are visiting WDW!:pinch:
I would hope that they would possibly look at a contract to feature Starbucks coffee throughout WDW restaurants, cafes etc.

In Downtown Disney, maybe 'cause it’s already businesses like Jamba Juice, Sephora, Haagen-Daz ice cream, etc… but to put an actual Starbucks Cafe on Main Street is just crazy talk and I REALLY hope that’s not true. I don’t drink coffee at all but maybe they are thinking about switching the coffee served in Main Street Bakery or something to Starbucks?

We do have to remember though that there WERE McDonald’s fry carts in Disney parks so having something sponsored by Starbucks wouldn’t be a complete shocker, unfortunately.

Ew. That would be AWFUL. :noo:

I’m all for them serving Starbucks coffee (although if they’re trying for “good” coffee they could certainly do a lot better! :blow:) but if they put in a store…um no. No no no no no no, a thousand times NO!

:laugh: That’s about how I feel about it.

Starbucks is being considered to be one of the sponsors in the parks, having a shop in the Market House on Main Street offering basic hot and cold coffee drinks and they would have a location on the new Buena Vista Street in DCA once its done being built offering the same things, it would be themed to the area (it would not look like a regular Starbucks) the only difference is the sponsor would be Starbucks and Starbucks coffees would be served instead of the Nestle Brand. All Staff working the Starbucks locations would be Disney Cast Members just trained to learn how to make the Starbucks Drinks, its still in the works and is still in talks, and Disney wants its CMs to work the stations, not Starbucks Employees, so if Starbucks thinks the CMs can properly learn how to make their products then they may take up residency in the Market House on Main Street and a location on Buena Vista Street in DCA in the future.

And it wouldnt surprise me considering Starbucks has in the past (and still might) served coffee to CMs backstage via OVC units.

My wife and I were both thrilled to see real espresso machines all over Disney. The coffee appeared to still be Nestle, but with the espresso brewing process, even Nestle coffee is palatable! :slight_smile: We had cappucinos at POP every morning with their automated cappucino brewer: not great, but certainly far from bad.

I would welcome Starbucks, but not a Starbucks store! What would be next? Dunkin’ Donuts? KFC?? Waffle House???

I am not a huge fan of Starbucks coffee but it certainly ranks higher on my scale than the Nescafe swill they serve in the parks now. I would not want a full scale Starbucks store on Main Street but would not be opposed to be able to get Starbucks coffee on property. Though I would like if they had Disney themed cups and not the usual Starbucks cups. If I saw people walking around with those, it would feel too much like walking down the street on my way to work!

Right smack in the middle of Dinorama! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=MerlinMatt;999144]My wife and I were both thrilled to see real espresso machines all over Disney. The coffee appeared to still be Nestle, but with the espresso brewing process, even Nestle coffee is palatable! :slight_smile: We had cappucinos at POP every morning with their automated cappucino brewer: not great, but certainly far from bad.

I would welcome Starbucks, but not a Starbucks store! [/QUOTE]

Read my post above, you will see what the plans are regarding Starbucks in the parks onstage :smile:

Hey man… yeah, I read your post. A Disney Themed store like what they have at The Land would be acceptable. So long as it’s Disney with Starbuck’s sponsorship and not Starbucks with a Disney whitewash…

Yea, (Im not sure if you have ever been to DLR before) but from what I heard and read, the set-up of The Market House on Main Street would be the same as it is now in terms of set-up and theming, it just would serve Starbucks and Support the Starbucks Logo instead of NesCafe.

Okay, I’m breathing a sigh of relief. :laugh: I like the way the whole Nescafe thing blends into the Market House as it does now, so I’m sure changing to Starbucks wouldn’t be bad. At least it would be a major improvement in the coffee quality!

I was picturing an actual Starbucks kinda just stuck into Main Street, with a sign hanging out front and everything, a la Six Flags Magic Mountain with their Johnny Rocket’s, Panda Express, Papa John’s and Cold Stone Creamery. Going to Magic Mountain is like walking into an outdoor mall. :blink: :whistling

First: Magic Mountain blows.

Okay, I had to start with that. :laugh:

Second: Al Lutz isn’t planning to do it personally. He was just writing about it. :laugh: But I REALLY REALLY appreciate that you cite your source. It’s a pet peeve of mine when news is repeated here like it’s original reporting… and it’s just copying Miceage.

In general, what I don’t like about this rumor according to that column is that it sounded like a little more than just replacing the behind the counter stuff at the market place, and making it an “old-timey coffee house”… which to me sounds like adding more seating than just the grab and go that it is now. I don’t want the Marketplace to change! I love it- I think it’s so charming. I always shop in there.

[QUOTE=Andrea;999184]First: Magic Mountain blows.

[/QUOTE]

Amen to that sistah’! :laugh:

[QUOTE=Andrea;999184]First: Magic Mountain blows.

[/QUOTE]

Yea, that pretty much sums it up. I sometimes feel safer in the bad areas of my downtown then I do in Magic Mountain, haha! :laugh:

[QUOTE=dznygrl;999172]

I was picturing an actual Starbucks kinda just stuck into Main Street, with a sign hanging out front and everything, a la Six Flags Magic Mountain with their Johnny Rocket’s, Panda Express, Papa John’s and Cold Stone Creamery. Going to Magic Mountain is like walking into an outdoor mall. :blink: :whistling[/QUOTE]

yea…the day that happens is the day that I seriously have to pinch myself hard to see if Im actually awake or just dreaming of that happening in Disneyland, yikes! :blink: