Pleasure Island Fans?

Before Pleasure Island became… how should i say… “perp-ridden,” were you guys fans? I personally used to enjoy going to break the week up a little. :whistling

We use to go way back when the admission to PI was included in an annual pass.
After that we didn’t go because it was an extra cost.

[QUOTE=joseph3947;1040929]We use to go way back when the admission to PI was included in an annual pass.
After that we didn’t go because it was an extra cost.[/QUOTE]

Yes same here, we always enjoyed a walk round there, and saw quite a few famous folks perform there, such as Little Richard, Robert Palmer, Hanson, Linda Blair (not singing!) all for free too. It was a good place once it just seemed to lose it towards the end?

[QUOTE=joseph3947;1040929]We use to go way back when the admission to PI was included in an annual pass.
After that we didn’t go because it was an extra cost.[/QUOTE]

yea i haven’t had an annual pass for a good 3 years now.

I use to visit the Adventure club. I loved going to that club but I found the other dance clubs way way to loud to enjoy.

I used to love Adventurer’s Club too. Unfortunately, with the changes that DTD has made recently, I have very little reason to go there anymore (well, there is WoD and the Pin Traders).

I miss it profoundly. :crying:

Though I’ve heard that most of the old clubs are still there, just closed, rather than bulldozed or repurposed. So I live in hope…

[QUOTE=chastmastr;1041758]I miss it profoundly. :crying:

Though I’ve heard that most of the old clubs are still there, just closed, rather than bulldozed or repurposed. So I live in hope…[/QUOTE]

And we miss you and Cubby! Good to see you David you guys were sorely missed! Xx

I visited PI many times before the dk’s came along and enjoyed it and saw many a good concerts there and where else could you enjoy New Year’s Eve every night. I do hope Disney has a good plan/refurb for the area soon.

I’ve been to PI once and I just love the Adventurer’s Club and the 80’s club.

we never went except to just wander around// we had the three kids and could not go … we never really missed it.

Alot of my clients ask me at least once a week what is going on with PI. I tell them that currently Disney has no plans to re-open it. I have seem a couple of the business clients that used to stay at Disney change to Universal for the simple reason of City Walk. They enjoy going to bars after meetings and not having to worry about driving or taxis.
I personally LOVED PI as I was a CPCM and spent 4 nights a week there.

[QUOTE=chastmastr;1041758]I miss it profoundly. :crying:

Though I’ve heard that most of the old clubs are still there, just closed, rather than bulldozed or repurposed. So I live in hope…[/QUOTE]

I also live in hope that they bring back the Comedy Warehouse and The Adventurers Club. We are always happy to see that they are both still “standing”, so maybe they will bring them back. I LOVE the Comedy Warehouse!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub:

I went to the different clubs at PI early on once or twice but they were just loud with too many drunks and mediocre food.

But I agree that I LOVED the Adventurer’s Club and the Comedy Warehouse and went whenever we were up there until they closed :(. We also love Raglan Road.

Wouldn’t it be great if they did re-open the AC and CW? The other clubs I don’t care about. Maybe they could just take down the other unused buildings and make it a park, plant some trees for shade…

[QUOTE=belle920;1041983]I went to the different clubs at PI early on once or twice but they were just loud with too many drunks and mediocre food.

But I agree that I LOVED the Adventurer’s Club and the Comedy Warehouse and went whenever we were up there until they closed :(. We also love Raglan Road.

Wouldn’t it be great if they did re-open the AC and CW? The other clubs I don’t care about. Maybe they could just take down the other unused buildings and make it a park, plant some trees for shade…[/QUOTE]

I miss The Adventurer’s Club.

“Marching along, we’re Adventurers…singing the song of Adventurers…”

Only did PI once and it didn’t do much for me.
I had high hopes for the comedy club, but I guess I just didn’t want improvisation and was looking forward to some decent stand up.
I think the jazz club was either closed or too full that night and we don’t dance.
I know we went into the Adventure’s Club, but it didn’t leave much of an impression.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1042101]Only did PI once and it didn’t do much for me.
I had high hopes for the comedy club, but I guess I just didn’t want improvisation and was looking forward to some decent stand up.
I think the jazz club was either closed or too full that night and we don’t dance.
I know we went into the Adventure’s Club, but it didn’t leave much of an impression.[/QUOTE]

I am with you SG. It was just ok. I did not see much in it either. The comedy warehouse was fun, but I am not much for clubs.

Miss the Jazz Club. DW loved to go relax w/o the kids one night each trip.

DW and I enjoyed the Comedy Warehouse, 8 Trax, and the Jazz Club.

I spent many fun nights at PI. We were so excited when the kids were old enough that we could go more often. It was a great atmosphere when it was full of people and performers.

It’s a shame it never caught on like CityWalk. What a lively place that is.