Plus Size Clothing

Most theme parks I go to don’t have plus size t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. Does Disney have any stores that sell plus size clothes for women? TIA

I know they have 2x because I buy a new shirt each time we go.

The World of Disney store seems to have the most when it comes to bigger sizes. I have never seen a shirt over a 2X however. Keep in mind that Disney clothing runs rather big and washes well (doesn’t shrink).

We just got back from Disney World in NOvember and they have totally changed there size range since the last time we went, because the pirates of the caribbean sweatshirt I bought was a 2x and the biggest size I saw in it was a 3x! LOL!

They do carry sizes 2x but just be aware that a lot of their clothing is a more junior’s 2x than a traditional women’s 2x. Dana’s right that a lot of Disney’s clothing runs rather big but I can vouch that is true for the more adult clothing (regular t-shirts, jackets, pullovers, etc… which I rarely buy anyway). If you see any cute junior-ish tee’s sometimes the 2x is more like a woman’s traditional xl. You just have to hold them up and make sure it looks good for you.

I bought these cute PJs in Disneyland and they are a size 2x; even though REALLY they look/feel more like an adult woman’s xl.

I have seen up to 3x for woman at Disney parks and resorts- of course the selection is tiny, but they do sell it. I think Wishy is right about the sizing being more of a junior sizing not a woman’s sizing. I find the woman’s Tshirts from The Disney Store in our mall in size XXL to be nice and roomy (and cheaper)- But I do not put them in the dryer.

I totally agree with that. I bought a woman’s Little Mermaid & a Wall-E tee in a size xxl at the Disney Store and it was roomy but I didn’t put it in the dryer either. Then again it had glittery screen printing on it so I was a little apprehensive.

I also agree with the sizing being more of a Jr. size. There are some exceptions though… I found at some of the resorts they carry short sleeve & long sleeve logo shirts up to a 3x. They seem to be true to size, very comfy & roomy. I’ve found them at Contemporary, SSR & POR up to a 3x. Hope that helps!

Another plus-sized girl chiming in here. I have seen up to 3XL but agree with those that said you have to check out each garment. Standard T’s run a little roomier, fitted women’s tops fit more like junior sizes as Wishy said.

That being said, I have never had a problem finding things at WDW that I like and that fit, I just have to be a little more choosey. You can always try stuff on and if you get back to the resort and find that something doesn’t fit the way you would like you can return it with your receipt.

Btw, Wish, those are super cute PJs.

I’m chiming in here too…I like my shirts roomy and being a plus sized woman I buy the 3X in the standard size t-shirt and I have lots of room…

Thanks… I’m glad that there are a lot of options.

Wish, those pjs are so adorable.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;917258]They do carry sizes 2x but just be aware that a lot of their clothing is a more junior’s 2x than a traditional women’s 2x. Dana’s right that a lot of Disney’s clothing runs rather big but I can vouch that is true for the more adult clothing (regular t-shirts, jackets, pullovers, etc… which I rarely buy anyway). If you see any cute junior-ish tee’s sometimes the 2x is more like a woman’s traditional xl. You just have to hold them up and make sure it looks good for you.

I bought these cute PJs in Disneyland and they are a size 2x; even though REALLY they look/feel more like an adult woman’s xl.[/QUOTE]

Very cute Jammies.

I have also seen some plus size clothing at the Poly and MouseGears in Epcot. But I do agree that WOD in DTD has the largest selection as far as I have seen too.

So I had the same issue, can’t find shirts that fit & the Disney ones shrink up!

I purchased several iron on rhinestone transfers on ebay for a few bucks and put them on the shirts I know fit me. The fun thing was that I could get matching ones for my daughter.

I liked it so much, I decided to try my hand at making them! :mickey:

You should post pictures in the Arts and Crafts thread! :flowers:

Welcome to MB.

Wait a minute… you joined a YEAR AND A HALF AGO, and you just had your first post? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And…it’s a zombie thread to boot!!

That’s funny.

Well…better late than never. Welcome to MB sandycolorado!! Your shirts sound pretty, I wish I could be that creative!

Just chiming in to mention that I did notice a lot more plus size clothing in the stores this past August. I saw tons of 3XLs.

I was the Disney store the other day and found some 2x’s. I’m an XL and I usually buy 1x or 2xs - 1) because of shrinkage and 2) they feel cooler to me