POFQ, I love you, BUT!

When I can save $850 on our hotel by switching to Pop Century, it’s time for this Saint to go marching over to POP! Actually, we’ve wanted to try POP, as we enjoy all the nostalgia that goes along with it, and the fact that there are 3 seperate pools is more than a plus. The last trip, this past November, I started to notice that we were spending less and less time at the resort, hardly used the refrigerator, and did most of our dining at the food court, this really was a no-brainer decision. Can’t go wrong with a place that has a giant Mickey Mouse phone as a prop!

I think that’s a great idea and a great saving. Also I think a change is as good as a rest, it may be really great to take a look at another resort. I hope we are able to have a change from POR one day too. Its easy to get stuck on one place!

I think that kind of savings is worth changing things up a bit. I know you will have a wonderful time!

How many people how many days??

I was going to ask the same thing. Pop is wonderful, clean and a fun nature to it, but with two teenage boys being 6’ and 6’2", we only lasted one day at Pop. So, not knowing the size of your family, just wanted to make sure you are aware that it could get a little tight compared to POFQ. Otherwise, have a wonderful trip, and enjoy that savings!

2 adults, no kids, 14 nights…that’s why the savings is so substantial…3-4 night stay, probably doesn’t warrant switching from an $$$ standpoint. We have stayed at value resorts in the past, so we’re familiar with the “quaintness” of the rooms, but thanks for the heads up, nonetheless!!

I have a 4 day POP/5 day coronado trip scheduled this August. Pop is great in certain circumstances. When my wife was with us and we weren’t at the parks all day it would have gotten to be small. With two boys and no wife its great.

Wow good savings! I priced POFQ and ASM and ended up with a $150 savings. But then thought, duh I’ll need the fridge for DD#1’s HGH shots, there’s $25 a night so $75. Then another thought hit me, when we’re all there, we NEED both fridges at POFQ so we’d need both at ASM, there goes the savings. :pinch:

I’m still hoping for some darn good October discounts. :pirate:

We did Pop Century for the first time last November, and we are going back again this October. We had no problem with it at all, and we are also usually at the parks, and not at the resort too much, so it is a no-brainer for us.
Congrats on the savings!!!

[QUOTE=5Demons4Cookie;1074964]Wow good savings! I priced POFQ and ASM and ended up with a $150 savings. But then thought, duh I’ll need the fridge for DD#1’s HGH shots, there’s $25 a night so $75. Then another thought hit me, when we’re all there, we NEED both fridges at POFQ so we’d need both at ASM, there goes the savings. :pinch:

I’m still hoping for some darn good October discounts. :pirate:[/QUOTE]

FYI The fridge is free if it’s for a medical purpose. Shots sound like a medical purpose to me. :smile: Good to keep in mind for the future.

[QUOTE=5Demons4Cookie;1074964]Wow good savings! I priced POFQ and ASM and ended up with a $150 savings. But then thought, duh I’ll need the fridge for DD#1’s HGH shots, there’s $25 a night so $75. Then another thought hit me, when we’re all there, we NEED both fridges at POFQ so we’d need both at ASM, there goes the savings. :pinch:

I’m still hoping for some darn good October discounts. :pirate:[/QUOTE]

I may be mistaken, but I thought if you need a fridge for medical reasons there is no charge.

Stayed at Pop twice, it is a very good resort.

Shots are considered medical. We always get a free fridge to keep ds’s insulin cold.

14 nights and don’t spend much time at the resorts,then its a no brainer,The one thing I noticed during our lat trip last month,more people opting for the value resorts,I believe disney will notice this also,if they already haven’t and start giving a little more pop to the moderates like free internet,and some other perks to push the small exodus from the moderates …this info wasn’t checked but we started our trip april 8th and SSR was somewhere from 30-35-% occupancy…when we left on the 20th it was at 70-75% …last year I believe the numbers were better but once again unconfirmed but got it from a good source

I didnt’ know that fridges were free if medically necessary…hmmm. We’ve always stayed at POFQ and she started the shots in November. So there was no medical need for it until now. Thanks for the info though.

I ran those numbers myself when I started saving my spending money and started to struggle a bit. It is significantly cheaper and I don’t blame you. That being said, I spend tons of time at the resort and use everything they offer, so it make no sense for me. For you, it’s ideal if you don’t use all their offerings. Enjoy your trip. Be sure to post your review of POP. I am curious as a fellow POFQ lover what your experiecne is like and if you are satisfied with your decision to downgrade. My DD and I have just started to toy around with a trip after her graduation with her friends and will have to stay at POP to keep it economical for the kids.

I’ve stayed at Pop several times. Its a fun resort, clean, wonderfully themed. The food court is great and the gift shop is huge. I’m also a fan of Petals Pool Bar.

I wouldn’t recommend the preferred rooms. It brings you too close to the action, IMO, and it gets a little crazy in that area. My only big complaint about Pop is noise on some days in the early morning from power washers and mousekeeping.

$850 is a major savings ~ I don’t think you would regret the switch.

Wow, what a great savings! I stayed at POP a couple of years ago because I was traveling with folks who wanted to stay there. As a confirmed POFQ and POR lover, I expected to be underwhelmed but I really ended up loving POP. It was very clean, the CMs were honestly some of the most consistently friendly I’ve seen, the food court was really fantastic and the bus service was good. I really enjoyed my stay and would stay there again. And this was before they did that refurb of the rooms with new bedding, etc.

You will have a great time!