POFQ lovers answer me this

I am staying at the FQ this august for the third time. I just booked a standard room because the water view really wasn’t all that special for the extra money. I have stayed in building two and building one. Two is the one to the right of the pool if you are walking from registration and building one is the one behind 2. This time I was thinking about requesting three or four to be closer to the bus stop and food court. Which building have you stayed in why or why not did you like that location?

Ummm, we were in building 5 and that was right across the way from the main building and very close to the boat and pool.

ahh building 5. Another good location. They all are actually. I just feel like over-planning the heck out of my trip right now, so picking a part room location seems like a good place to start. lol I know don’t want 1,2 or 7…anything else is fine.

I don’t know what number it was…but we were to the left, front building. We didn’t have a water view, we overlooked a little park-like square. It was very nice. Very quiet, but close to the pool and bus stop.

We stayed in building 6 with a partial water view (asked for standard but they gave us this partial view). That building has non waterview rooms and it was nice being near the walkway on the river.

The resort is so small that nothing is really far from anything.

I have stayed in 2, 4, and 5. I LOVED building 2. We were on the top floor (2nd floor), and we were on the outside of that building, in the second room… We were two steps from the main building and around the corner from the pool. For us it was a great location. I stayed in building 5-water view, just ok in my opinion. In building 4, were were sorta close to everything, but we faced the parking lot. It was a short walk to the bus, but a little of the atmosphere was lost on seeing your vehicle. My vote would be for building 2.

I can’t help you with buildings and numbers but we were about as far as we could get from the main building and I still felt we were close enough to everything.

I did love staying in building two. We had a partial water view on the back-side of (the butt…lolol I’m silly) of building two facing building one. My DD wanted to be closer to the bus stop, but short of camping on the benches, all of the buildings are close to it in my opinion. I know I want a first floor, so maybe I’ll just take any building that has one open…lol

We too are going back to POFQ! Yippee!!
Last time we were there we stayed in Building 5. We were on the top floor, had a corner room with a river view and courtyard view, it was so beautiful and peaceful and it was very close to the bus and main building, but really all the rooms are close at that resort.
We had friends that stayed once but had a very different experience than us. They stayed in a ground floor room, somewhere near the main building, and they found it to be quite loud as people were always walking past their room to the bus stop/main building.

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;1024270]We too are going back to POFQ! Yippee!!
Last time we were there we stayed in Building 5. We were on the top floor, had a corner room with a river view and courtyard view, it was so beautiful and peaceful and it was very close to the bus and main building, but really all the rooms are close at that resort.
We had friends that stayed once but had a very different experience than us. They stayed in a ground floor room, somewhere near the main building, and they found it to be quite loud as people were always walking past their room to the bus stop/main building.[/QUOTE]

See I’m that person walking by your room at 5am…lol

We normally don’t want to be on the second floor…but this was too good to pass up. We were the second room from the steps. Since we leave early and come home late… we didn’t notice any traffic past our room. We literally walked past one room, and then down the steps and about 10 steps to the main building. Through the doors was the bus stop. All in about 2 minutes! WHere ever you are here, I don’t think that you can go wrong!

we were in building 4. Just a short walk to pool and boat and main building. Absolutely great for bus stop, which was so appreciated at the end of the night!

When we were there in December we stayed in building 4 and loved it! It was a very short walk to everything. I swear we were the same distance from the bus stop, food court, and pool. It’s the only time we’ve stayed there so I can’t compare it to other buildings but I would definitely be happy staying in 4 again. Our view overlooked a little courtyard, too. Very quaint.

The resort is so small that I can’t imagine being UNhappy with a room assignment.

We stayed in building 6 I think last time, and although it seems like its far away, it wasn’t. It was also very quiet.

If you can’t imagine it, then you are not trying very hard.:laugh:

Last time we were in building six, it was water view and King… so nice… this time though we were going to request building 5. I liked the location and being closer to the dock, pool, main building and bus.

I have stayed in building 4, and I was very pleased. Granted, I had a partial view of the parking lot, but the proximity to the bus stop and the food court more than made up for it. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

we have stayed in 4 and 5. I would go for building 4 and ask for a no parking lot view. we were close to food court and easy access to the bus stop very good after a day in the park.

We have stayed in several buildings at POFQ, but our favorite is building 5. When we were there in October we were on the third floor which was a bit of a pain coming home at night, but my 8 and 5 year old didn’t mind at all.

We were close to the lobby, food court, pool, and my kids favorite the hot tub. We faced the courtyard and it was a nice view. We don’t hear people passing by. We are up and out early, and we are dead tired when we get home at night. This resort is great and as many have said you can’t get a bad room. The good thing about #5 is there is never a chance of getting a parking lot view!