POFQ or Coronado

It looks like we are going to WDW the day after Thanksgiving. We have three choices…POFQ, POR, or Coronado.

Has anyone been to POFQ recently? I have read that the rooms have been moldy and unkept. Wondering what the latest opinion on POFQ is.

We stayed at Coronado a few weeks ago. Loved the beds…very comfy. Loved having the queen size beds. However, we didnt care for the food choices. The Pepper Market was good, but it got expensive. The counter service was awful.

Last year we stayed at POFQ and remembered we liked the theming. Food was okay. However, the beds seemed hard and uncomfortable.

Soooo…POFQ for a smaller resort (another plus), and better food choices or Coronado for the beds ? The difference in price is $22 a night approximately. Coronado only had waterview left…no standards.

Cant wait for your opinions…

We love POFQ. Quiet, quaint, beautiful grounds, good food and a boat ride away from DTD!

We love, love, love PORS! I love the food choices, the counter serve has a lot to choose from and the sit down rest. menu is really good too. We also love the romantic feel of the grounds. It’s definatly our FAVORITE moderate.
We stayed at CS in March and I agree the food was not that great. The grounds were OK.
We went for a bike ride threw the FQ 2 years ago and didn’t care for it. The “running” brooks had gone to mush and stunk to high hevens!
The resort to me is 1/2 of the fun of going to Disney, so I tend to be picky:laugh:
Have lots of fun with what ever you pick!:smile::smile:

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-resorts/45543-buzzs-csr-info-thread.html

Check out Buzz’s link on Coronado. All the rooms have just been redone

[QUOTE=tinker2222;993381]We went for a bike ride threw the FQ 2 years ago and didn’t care for it. The “running” brooks had gone to mush and stunk to high hevens!
[/QUOTE]

What are “running brooks” and where are they located? I don’t remember seeing them there?

Coronado is NOT worth staying at. It is a convention resort and is always busy. Food court is very congested and the staff really have no idea what is going on. I would suggest anything else.

I am always going to pick POFQ for myself, but it sounds like you enjoyed CSR. you should go back.

If only POFQ would get the beds that the Coronado has…is that too much to ask? LOL

Nah…not to much to ask…lol I love POFQ. I didn’t have problems with the beds. I make sure to bring Unisom or drink a few adult beverages to ensure sleep.:laugh:

We’re repeating at CSR next month.
Conventions don’t bother me. In fact, conventioneers pretty much keep to themselves most of the time.
At CSR, if you can get into the Casitas section, you’ll be able to have one stop bus service to the parks and DTD because it is right between the first and last stops on the loop.
Much of the time POFQ shares its buses with POR, excepting the MK bus.
Additionally, CSR now features QUEEN SIZE BEDS!!!
POFQ (and POR) have double beds. So if you’re sharing a bed with someone, unless you’re going to spoon all night…well you can see where this is leading. More room = more comfort. Doubles may be fine for two kids under 12, but for two full grown adults, not so fine.

Coronado ROCKS.Because it is a convention center the pool is never packed, Maya Grill has been voted in the top 5 resturants at WDW, the rooms are all redone, it is the only moderate resort where you can check your bags at the resort for your flight home and not have the hassle at the airport, there is always room on the bus to the parks, most people there are there for a convention so not as many kids. I’m not saying it is better than POFQ or POFQ is better but it is a great resort. This will be our 3rd time there.

Sorry, that is wrong. We checked our bags at POFQ for our flight home in January!! The bags left and we didn’t see them until we arrived back home :smile:

Isn’t that the way it’s supposed to be, check your bags once and not have to deal with or worry about them until you get home?
Or did you want to see them at the airport to be certain?

Edit: Oh, I understand now. You stayed at FQ, not CSR but your bags still got checked all the way through.

Final outcome…we decided to go with POFQ… We are going with my parents and my mom didnt seem like she liked the Coronado. I only like the beds there actually. We are only going for 2 nights so we will make do. I love the size of POFQ…very easy to get around and the food wasnt bad.

Thanks for all the input…

Sorry for the mistake… We were told that by a CM. Is it that way now at all the moderates?

[QUOTE=CaraMia;993448]Final outcome…we decided to go with POFQ… We are going with my parents and my mom didnt seem like she liked the Coronado. I only like the beds there actually. We are only going for 2 nights so we will make do. I love the size of POFQ…very easy to get around and the food wasnt bad.

Thanks for all the input…[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! You’re going to have a great time!:mickey:

That I cannot tell you.

Frankly, we were surprised that they offered it. We didn’t use the Magical Express, we used Quicksilver - it made no difference to them how we got to the airport. Fantastic service!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;993446]Isn’t that the way it’s supposed to be, check your bags once and not have to deal with or worry about them until you get home?
Or did you want to see them at the airport to be certain?

Edit: Oh, I understand now. You stayed at FQ, not CSR but your bags still got checked all the way through.[/QUOTE]

heehee, yes, now you got it straight, Doug.

We really enjoyed CRS more than POR - I love the health club that is a plus for us.

I am a POFQ fan myself! I love this resort. I stayed there in June 2009 and it was wonderful as usual. Going back Nov. 2009.