POFQ room choice

My head is buzzing with room choices at POFQ so I’m after any advice that anyone can give me about the rooms.

I have been considering requesting building 6 - I have never stayed at POFQ but understand that it is a very small resort so your not far from anything,
I have also read that some rooms have very old bed’s

and what is Magnolia building is this a extra charge room as i have looked at them on TripAdvisor and the Magnolia rooms look so much nicer than the standard rooms.

HELP!!!

[QUOTE=jimbo;938536]My head is buzzing with room choices at POFQ so I’m after any advice that anyone can give me about the rooms.

I have been considering requesting building 6 - I have never stayed at POFQ but understand that it is a very small resort so your not far from anything,
I have also read that some rooms have very old bed’s

and what is Magnolia building is this a extra charge room as i have looked at them on TripAdvisor and the Magnolia rooms look so much nicer than the standard rooms.

HELP!!![/QUOTE]

The Magnolia buildings are over at Riverside and do not cost more money than the other rooms. The style is just totally different.
POFQ is so small it really doesn’t matter where you stay. As for comfortable beds…we were in building 5 room 5342 and had very comfortable beds.
I don’t think there’s an old bed anywhere on property. They regularly exchange their old mattresses for new ones. Some might be more comfortable than others.

So now I am waiting to read which building you want. It won’t really matter though because they’ll put you where they have room for you. We’ll see.

stop sweating it, everything is close.

yes I know it all close as i said. im not sweating just want to make things as nice as possible.
its going to be our anniversary trip so im trying to get the best out of our holiday:cool:

With that resort… you will be great anywhere you are, because if you are not close to the front of the hotel (meaning more than 1 building away)… then you are at the back of the resort, which is on the river. Take the boat to downtown Disney… Usually, you are facing something neat, and there is a lot to look at in that resort. You can also take a carriage ride which looks fun (never seemed to find time for it, though). I have stayed in buildings 4, 5 and 2 and was amazed at their proximity to everything…

The only thing negative that I will say (not a hotel specific one) is that the beds are double beds… My husband is 6’5"- so that is a problem… We survive though, and have managed to go 3 times in a row there… WE love it!

[QUOTE=hanwill;938552]With that resort… you will be great anywhere you are, because if you are not close to the front of the hotel (meaning more than 1 building away)… then you are at the back of the resort, which is on the river. Take the boat to downtown Disney… Usually, you are facing something neat, and there is a lot to look at in that resort. You can also take a carriage ride which looks fun (never seemed to find time for it, though). I have stayed in buildings 4, 5 and 2 and was amazed at their proximity to everything…

The only thing negative that I will say (not a hotel specific one) is that the beds are double beds… My husband is 6’5"- so that is a problem… We survive though, and have managed to go 3 times in a row there… WE love it![/QUOTE]

Sounds fantastic I cant Waite till September
, i just hope our room does not look over the parking lot- but then we wont spend much time in the room looking out:laugh:
I’m looking forward to the hot tub

If you are close to the parking lot, then you are close to the bus stop… so it will be good! You will have a blast!

The Magnolia rooms are a part of the Riverside Resort. If you are looking at staying at the French Quarter area of the resort I would highly suggest buildings 5 or 6 and definately pay for the upgrade of a water view. We stayed in building 5 last year and we upgraded to the water view. It was so peaceful and quiet and the view was amazing looking over the river and watching the boat go by. Amazing. This view also puts you on the exterior of the resort buildings and is less noisy and busy. We had friends stay in the interior rooms and they constantly had people walking by their door to get to the main building. Be sure when you ask for water view that you put in a request to view the river and not the pool.
Also, being an anniversary be sure to book the carriage ride!

Add the water view, it’s worth it. Every building is close so I wouldn’t worry about where you are. We took a chance and didn’t make any request and once we were there we were glad because there really isn’t that much difference.

We’ve requested Building 4 for our last 2 trips and were lucky to get great locations in that building. If you decide not to pay for the water view upgrade, then Building 4 is right next to the bus stop and food court, and also close to the pool (which was great for us with 3 small children). As everyone has said, none of the buildings are a bad location, but after being in Building 1 for our first trip, we decided to request Building 4 and were very happy we did!

We are staying for 14 nights, how much does the upgrade to water (River) view cost…

Thanks for the tips about the carriage ride

I can’t remember off-hand the price for the upgrade. It also depends on what time of year you go. Last year we went in April/May for 12 nights and we paid about $300 extra.