Points needed for Christmas

My best friend and her family want to stay at the Boardwalk or Beach Club from Dec 25 - Jan 1, 2008. Last year they planned a trip last minute and wound up at the Swan - which they loved but they paid out the nose for it.

I told her that renting points would be the way to go. They need a 2-bedroom. Is this an insane request? Is there anyone out there who would be willing to rent points that week? Do you think she has a shot? Are there even any 2-bedrooms left there?:laugh:

Sorry this thread reads PINTS needed for Christmas.:wacko:

What kind of Pints do you need? Amber Bock, Guiness, Black and Tan, Yuengling?

:laugh: I never would have done that to anyone but you…so feel loved!

[QUOTE=cinderbella;861811]What kind of Pints do you need? Amber Bock, Guiness, Black and Tan, Yuengling?

:laugh: I never would have done that to anyone but you…so feel loved![/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Did you see my “sorry” at the end of my first post? I just noticed that I wrote PINTS! :laugh: Guiness would be just fine, thank you!:happy:

PS: I :heart: you too!

[QUOTE=alicefan;861812]:laugh::laugh::laugh: Did you see my “sorry” at the end of my first post? I just noticed that I wrote PINTS! :laugh: Guiness would be just fine, thank you!:happy:

PS: I :heart: you too![/QUOTE]

Haha yes I did but I chose to ignore it.:ph34r::laugh:

But I can help a little bit…
Tell your friend to go here
Welcome to Tagrel.com
She can enter her dates and which resort she’d like and then she can find out how many she’ll need for that week. It might make it easier on her.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry no point or pints here!!! :happy:

[QUOTE=cinderbella;861815]But I can help a little bit…
Welcome to Tagrel.com
She can enter her dates and which resort she’d like and then she can find out how many she’ll need for that week. It might make it easier on her.[/QUOTE]

I already told her how many she needs - 462!:laugh:

I am just wondering if it is way off base to think she would be able to get that amount to rent for this Christmas. I have never rented that many.:confused:

[QUOTE=cinderbella;861815]But I can help a little bit…
Welcome to Tagrel.com
She can enter her dates and which resort she’d like and then she can find out how many she’ll need for that week. It might make it easier on her.[/QUOTE]

I just put that website in my favorites! It is GREAT!:happy:

Sorry no point or pints here!!! :happy:[/QUOTE]

You couldn’t even spare a beer? Thanks a lot!:pirate:

Hopefully some REAL help will come along soon…:tongue:

[QUOTE=alicefan;861805]My best friend and her family want to stay at the Boardwalk or Beach Club from Dec 25 - Jan 1, 2009. Last year they planned a trip last minute and wound up at the Swan - which they loved but they paid out the nose for it.

I told her that renting points would be the way to go. They need a 2-bedroom. Is this an insane request? Is there anyone out there who would be willing to rent points that week? Do you think she has a shot? Are there even any 2-bedrooms left there?:laugh:

Sorry this thread reads PINTS needed for Christmas.:wacko:[/QUOTE]

Whew!!! Scared me for a second!! I thought you were looking for some beer to help you celebrate Christmas!!! HA

I got excited when I saw someone posted…but Nope…no real help - just a bunch of jokers who think I am a drunk!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Next time I’m in Jersey . . . I gotcha back! :wink:

Can’t you use the link Bella gave you? I think that might be a hard week to get points . . . since a lot of the resorts are filling up too!

(never mind . . . wrong year! :blush:)

hmmmmm, maybe someone’s had too many pints?

It’s a tough time to try and rent but they are starting really early so that helps. I think they are going to have to start looking before the 11 month window and find someone who has BCV or BWV points so they can book right at 11 months out.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm - I think I shouldn’t have started this thread when I was tired.:laugh:

I meant Dec. 25, 2008 - Jan 1, 2009.:blush: I just forgot the 2008 after the Dec. 25th part. So I guess this year will be impossible, huh? Where should I tell her to look? I need a reputable DVC exchange site that maybe someone on here has used. I have never rented from anyone other than a MBer.

Last year they waited until November to book and wound up paying like a bazillion dollars for 2 bedrooms at the swan. :wacko:

I can’t say for certain but I think you are going to have a tough time getting in a DVC resort this Christmas. There may be some availability at SSR or OKW but I’m sure VWL, BCV, and BWV are booked. I saw a waiting list months ago on another site but didn’t notice if SSR or OKW were on it.

Thanks, Steph. That’s what I figured.

There are a couple of sites that have very active rent trade boards if you would like that information. There may be something available this late but it’s a prime DVC time.