We have rented points from MBers before with great results. Those points were rented within a few months of actually using them. I am interested in renting points (specifically to use at BWV) for September 2009. How far in advance do I need to get this squared away? Should I start now or wait?Thanks.:happy:
If it’s the person’s home resort, I beleive they can book 11months out. If it’s not their home resort, I think they can book 7months out. you can book at 11months at the person’s home resort and then have them try and get the place you want at the 7month window.
You can most definately find someone now who is going to be willing to rent them to you. Better to have someone lined up than not.
I don’t know the exact dates of the food and wine festival but that’s a really busy time for Epcot resorts. You may need that 11 month advantage if your trip falls during that time.
Good point. We have been several times and I know it’s Sept or Oct. I owuld like to book it now if I could!:laugh:
The festival usually is late September until early november…entire month of october for sure.
[QUOTE=Dana;856627]If it’s the person’s home resort, I beleive they can book 11months out. If it’s not their home resort, I think they can book 7months out. you can book at 11months at the person’s home resort and then have them try and get the place you want at the 7month window.
You can most definately find someone now who is going to be willing to rent them to you. Better to have someone lined up than not.[/QUOTE]
So basically, if we want to stay at BW we need a BW home resort person to give us the best chance of getting what we want.
That lets you book earlier but you may also be fine with booking at 7 months. I’ve rented a couple of times and booked at 7 months with no trouble.
Yes, it would probably get you the best chances to find someone who’s home resort is BWV. I can’t book BWV until 7 months before my trip date but if you find someone who’s home is BWV they’d be able to book it for you at 11 months before. Like others mentioned with Food & Wine Festival, Columbus Day holiday in Oct., etc. it might be a good idea to book as soon as the window lets you. Don’t worry too much if you can’t find a BWV’s person though, we once got into BWVs last minute on a waitlist during summer. There’s always a good chance. :happy:
Waiting until the 7-month window probably wouldn’t keep you from getting a room at BWV, I am pretty sure, but you might not get the exact room you are hoping for – Like, if you are set on getting a 1-bedroom, the BWV standard-view rooms tend to go really fast, so you might have to supply more points and get the preferred view.
I know I just got some news from DVC about an updted waitlist policy, and I will go find that and post it, in case you need it!
Thanks everyone. As soon as we are able we will look into renting and booking. Even Beach Club would be great! Which is the one with Stormalong Bay?:laugh:
Uh… that would be Beach Club! :happy:
Best would be someone with home resort at BWV, but it’s good to go ahead and book ASAP even if it’s someplace that’s not your first choice. You can always try to change into BWV at the 7 month point or waitlist.
Frankly, while it gets a bum rap, SSR is a pretty nice place to be, and being that it is the largest you can almost get in there.
OoOOO Stormalong Bay! If you want to stay at either BWVs or Beach Club I’d definately try to get into Beach Club first. Joey would be outta’ his mind excited about that pool!