Poll: Bring Back Captain Eo For A Short Time?

With the passing of Micheal Jackson, in memorium should Disney bring back Captain Eo for the next month? I realize that the theater is themed for Honey, I Shrunk The Audience, but I’m guessing that the hardware is still in place to run the Captain Eo film instead and that guests will ignore the Honey theming just to be able to see Eo for one last time, or perhaps for the only time.
I’m not a raging Micheal Jackson fan, but I do think it would be fitting to bring Captain Eo out of the vault for a month.

I’d love it. I’m a huge fan and I do not remember Captain EO. However, it would never ever happen.

I think that would be AWESOME! I’d love for my girls to see it. :heart:

OMG, Captain EO!!! I have VIVID memories of clinging on to my Grandma’s arm 'cause I was so scared of that scary ladies putting her creepy fingernails into my face. :laugh: I’d love to see it again, in 3-D, but it probably would never happen.

I vote no. At the risk of looking like a heartless person (which I do not believe I am) I’m honestly sick of all the attention he’s getting. It’s a dated attraction and Disney need not be sucked into the hype.

W…e…t… nevah’ mind! :tongue::laugh:

Absolutely. I think that would be cool.

I agree with Screever.

Don’t be like that. Screever is allowed to speak her mind just like you guys.

What a lovely gesture that would be… there are so many people who would love to re-live it, and so many more who would enjoy being introduced to it.

Very nice thought and perfect timing.

P.S. Considering his stature in the world of music and business, I don’t think you can call the news coverage “hype.” Perhaps the it is too much coverage, but “hype” means something else entirely.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;974713]With the passing of Micheal Jackson, in memorium should Disney bring back Captain Eo for the next month? I realize that the theater is themed for Honey, I Shrunk The Audience, but I’m guessing that the hardware is still in place to run the Captain Eo film instead and that guests will ignore the Honey theming just to be able to see Eo for one last time, or perhaps for the only time.
I’m not a raging Micheal Jackson fan, but I do think it would be fitting to bring Captain Eo out of the vault for a month.[/QUOTE]

I loved Captain Eo, I think one month is not good enough. It should come back until I can get back there :wink:

True…I missed the month part!:laugh:

Yes, I would like to see it on DVD too. Also I think they need a new film there.

Amen to that! I’d be so mad if it came back and I didn’t get to see it.

Someone suggested this on DISboards.

I don’t remember ever seeing this. I suppose I might’ve when I was little, but I definitely don’t recall. So, I wouldn’t mind if they brought it back. I think it would be interesting to watch. And considering MJ’s recent death, it’s probably more up-to-date than the current Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

It’s not Hype, but it’s definitely toooooooo much. Let him go, otherwise eventually we’ll start seeing 60+ yr old MJ want-a-bee’s still hanging on like those attached to Elvis.
Not that Eo was bad nor is Honey, but if something’s changed i’d like to see Disney move forward instead of stepping back, even if temporary. Way too much imagination out there to continue to re-live or re-vamp. If it’s broke-fix it, and if it ain’t-don’t try.jmo

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;974792]
I don’t remember ever seeing this. I suppose I might’ve when I was little, but I definitely don’t recall. So, I wouldn’t mind if they brought it back. I think it would be interesting to watch. And considering MJ’s recent death, it’s probably more up-to-date than the current Honey I Shrunk the Audience.[/QUOTE]

I don’t remember seeing it, either, but it’s possible I did. I do know that we weren’t huge fans of MJ at the time it was out, so it’s possible we skipped it. During which years was it there?

from 1986-1994

I suppose my feeling is that clearly so many people are still interested in the coverage of Michael’s life, music and death that it’s still important to them. And it’s a simple matter for the people who have had enough to just change the channel.

Same with Captain Eo. If you don’t want to see it, just walk on by. But plenty of people would want to see it again. Enough, I bet, that it would be a lovely touch at the parks for awhile.

As for “stepping back” instead of moving forward, I am sure you don’t want Disney to only look forward – otherwise, they’d have to ditch all the other attractions that are based on movies that pre-dated Captain Eo. That would mean getting rid of Cinderella’s Castle, Splash Mountain, and plenty of others. The parks, for the most part, are pretty much based on movies that are a lot older than Captain Eo.

I understand that there is a lot of coverage. In some cases, perhaps too much coverage. But I would be willing to bet that those of you who are so adamant about the subject are too young to have lived Michael’s music as it was happening.

And perhaps you also are not aware of how he is responsible making incredible progress in opening doors for minority artists, athletes, businessmen all over the world. Through his music, he broke through historic barriers. He was also an active philanthropist, an activity that he did not publicize.

He was, indeed, important enough to the world for the coverage to be there for those who are still interested in appreciating, mourning, and getting that closure.

That’s my opinion.

haha, of course you are. You called yourself a wet blanket jokingly awhile ago, so I was joking too.