Poll on getting pins

Those who have gotten pins, what category do you fall in. I’m feel so left out. Not only do I not get pins, I don’t even get the Disney Visa emails.:laugh:

I have never gotten a email pin from Visa or Disney before, I have though gotten one for a 20%off rack rate price for a room only. I do try to sign up at as many locations online that I can think of to help my chances

We’ve gone to WDW almost every year since 1995 and never got a pin. You’d think they’d give us something for spending all that money. They probably think that since they have us hooked, why bother. :closedeye

I voted yes, but I don’t get lots of them. I’ve gotten a few in the last year or so. I think that counts as a yes.

Actually, I have finally gotten one PIN code, and even crazier, it is good from September through mid December and can be used multiple times.
Sorry, I had to answer the poll as “no”.
Next time you create a poll, think about putting in 3 or 4 choices, not just yes or no.
It’s like asking if you want chocolate or vanilla when you know that strawberry is also on the menu.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;979915]Actually, I have finally gotten one PIN code, and even crazier, it is good from September through mid December and can be used multiple times.
Sorry, I had to answer the poll as “no”.
Next time you create a poll, think about putting in 3 or 4 choices, not just yes or no.
It’s like asking if you want chocolate or vanilla when you know that strawberry is also on the menu.[/QUOTE]

Can’t any pin be used multiple times if one chooses to go to WDW several times in a three month period?

I couldn’t get the poll to post so cinderbella tried to help me by posting one. And she left instructions on how to change it, but alas I’m hopeless.

I put no too. But obviously I did get one pincode that was super awesome as far as I am concerned! :slight_smile:
Otherwise, nada.

~Zoey

I have only ever gotten one PIN Code and that is for free dining until Dec.
17. I have until Oct 3 to book. You have to be registered on the WDW web site, as I have heard, in order to get such deals. Mine came via the WDW Canadian site. But I think having a Disney VISA card would help too. Canadians can’t get a Disney VISA card as they are only issued on an American bank and you need an American address to get one.

[QUOTE=vvogt;979944]I have only ever gotten one PIN Code and that is for free dining until Dec.
17. I have until Oct 3 to book. You have to be registered on the WDW web site, as I have heard, in order to get such deals. Mine came via the WDW Canadian site. But I think having a Disney VISA card would help too. Canadians can’t get a Disney VISA card as they are only issued on an American bank and you need an American address to get one.[/QUOTE]

I am registered on WDW site, I always get disney insider and emails about when a new movie or something comes out. I do have a disney visa.

Then you have done all that I have done. I think part of it is also the luck of the draw. By that I mean, I suspect, Disney sends out such deals somewhat randomly and if you are lucky enough to get chosen, then you win the prize of the offer. I had been going twice per year for the past number of years, but couldn’t afford to go any more with Disney price increases, flight price increases, and devalued Canadian dollar. My last vist was in 2007. Sometimes I wonder if Disney is trying to entice persons like me back. So, maybe my past visiting history and lack there of in recent years also had something to do with my being selected to get the PIN Code.

I never get actual pin codes . . . but I do get discount email notifications for passholder rates and fl resident rates! :happy:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;979929]Can’t any pin be used multiple times if one chooses to go to WDW several times in a three month period?

I couldn’t get the poll to post so cinderbella tried to help me by posting one. And she left instructions on how to change it, but alas I’m hopeless.[/QUOTE]

1. I assumed it would only be good one time only. I’d never gotten a PIN before.
    So what do I know?
  2. Don’t worry about that, and now that you’ve got the poll up, altering it now wouldn’t really matter. I’ve only put up one poll myself, although it wasn’t very hard because I had the instructions open on another browser tab.

With one exception, same here.

I had just purchased a new AP, so I’ll see if they show up. Maybe not until I activate though.

You always hear how it’s just random, but then why do some people get several in one yr? My DD got two this year. One in the spring and one a few weeks ago.

I’m really surprised. I’m planning my 1st trip to DW and have gotten 2 PINs for free meals as well as the Visa free meal PIN just in the past few months. I have gotten other discount type PINs earlier in the year too. I registered for everything Disney when I first started looking into going. Weird. Wish I could transfer a PIN to someone!

We’ve received a number of PINS in the past. We’ve used a couple, but most don’t work-out with our travel times. I don’t know exactly how Disney picks who gets PINS, but I do know that some PINS are sent to previous guests because I have received a couple PINS by email under my Mom’s name, and the only reason I receive them is because I book my Mom’s trips and use my email address. My mom doesn’t use the computer and is not registered under any sites, so the only way they have her name is as a previous guest.

Well, since this is your first trip, I could see you getting several pins. Disney really really wants you to come and get hooked.

My DD has gone on a few trips where I used DVC points or paid for the rooms. She is listed as a guest. But with these trips, she usually has a room under her own name and address for a few days too. (we only let them use so many points, then they are on their own) And she has gotten pins in her name at our house.

:laugh::laugh: I JUST GOT A PIN!!! (well it has a code I have to mention when I call in? That’s the same thing right?)

It is for a 50% off 1 bedroom villa at SSR BUT I must attend a 1 hour tour and lecture . . . so it comes with rules! :glare: Oh and the deal is $199/night?! Is that good?