Poly Garden View Buildings

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best Garden View Longhouse to request? I am looking for something that does not require too much walking for my mom to/from GCH and/or transportation.

Thanks everyone!

Lisa

We were in Aarotonga which we thought was all the way far away from the TTC… Well it is, but it is right next door to the GCH, and from here you can go upstairs to take the monorail. The main pool is at the back of the GCh, and there are others close, but most of them have an MK view… We loved this building because it was quiet. We faced the monorail/parking lot (which we could not even see b/c of all of the trees). Well, you could hear the monorail, but only if you really listened for it. It took us 2 days to figure out what the “whoosh” sound was every few minutes. We loved it. It was not disturbing at all. The kids loved laying in the bed and seeing the monorail whizz by…

I would highly recommend it-not far at all from the GCH- 2 minute walk if that long… and you were on the marina side, so you walked by it on the way (they are next to each other)…

[QUOTE=hanwill;1016990]We were in Aarotonga which we thought was all the way far away from the TTC… Well it is, but it is right next door to the GCH, and from here you can go upstairs to take the monorail. The main pool is at the back of the GCh, and there are others close, but most of them have an MK view… We loved this building because it was quiet. We faced the monorail/parking lot (which we could not even see b/c of all of the trees). Well, you could hear the monorail, but only if you really listened for it. It took us 2 days to figure out what the “whoosh” sound was every few minutes. We loved it. It was not disturbing at all. The kids loved laying in the bed and seeing the monorail whizz by…

I would highly recommend it-not far at all from the GCH- 2 minute walk if that long… and you were on the marina side, so you walked by it on the way (they are next to each other)…[/QUOTE]

That is our favorite location too! That is where we stayed 2 summers ago. It was perfect like you said, close to the GCH and both pools. You also couldn’t get any close to the Monorail and it was a short walk to the boat dock too.

The Poly is one our favorite resorts period!:happy:

Exactly! At first I thought that I would not like the location. But once we got there, I loved how close and quiet it was… We were so close to the monorail, and we were in the room, and I said, “what was that noise outside?”. You could hardly hear it… I opened the window and when another one went by, I figured it out… We were thrilled to see it-especially at night when we came back to the room… we loved seeing it whizz by… So fun!

Aside from that, the location was pretty close the the GCH, and you passed the marina on the way… We loved that view in the morning. FUN, FUN resort! You will love it…

Building 16. Can’t remember the name. We had 1601 and it was perfect. Ground floor, right off the main pool but far enough away from the noise. Other pool on the backside of the building. Hawaii, on one side was beach front. Another very small building was between us and the GCH. Wish I could remember the name but it seemed like the most centrally located bldg to EVERYTHING.

We stayed in the Rarotonga long house several years ago, and it was right next door to the Great Ceremonial House. This location is wonderful for seniors or young children, because you are very close to the volcano pool, restaurants, and the quiet pool.
Check out this site, it gaves great information about the long houses and the resort, TikimanPages - The Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pages.

[QUOTE=PhilliesFan;1017096]We stayed in the Rarotonga long house several years ago, and it was right next door to the Great Ceremonial House. This location is wonderful for seniors or young children, because you are very close to the volcano pool, restaurants, and the quiet pool.
Check out this site, it gaves great information about the long houses and the resort, TikimanPages - The Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pages.[/QUOTE]

Oh duh Tikiman! Thanks. I forgot about him!

Lisa

Thanks everyone for your help. I’m gonna check out what Tikiman has to say but does anyone know the odds of getting a room request?

Lisa

Just curious… I looked at a map of the Poly, and it looks like the walk over to TTC might be short for half the resort, and for the rest of the buildings, getting on at the monorail stop is closer. Is there a benefit to making the walk all the way over to TTC from the far side of Poly?

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;1017157]Thanks everyone for your help. I’m gonna check out what Tikiman has to say but does anyone know the odds of getting a room request?

Lisa[/QUOTE]

We requested ground floor facing Volcano Pool with a side view of the Lagoon still paying for Garden View in the Samoa bldg (now I remember) and was given 1601, which fit our request. Except for Hawaii, Samoa is probably the most popular bldg there because it’s the most central w/o paying extra. Unless you want a particular room you may have a better chance with shooting for a certain bldg and/or certain floor rather than a certain room.

You are right, only half the resort is close to TTC. I believe the only benefit would be if you were planning on going to Epcot you could skip the transfer. Where we stayed near Raratonga, it was much easier to take the monorail in the GCH or the boat. I don’t think we ever moved our car when we stayed at the Poly except to go to DTD. One of the reasons why we love it there.:happy:

Thanks everyone! I put in a request for Nuie or Raragonga 1st floor.

Fingers crossed!

Lisa

FUN! You will love it. I remember that the staff was VERY attentive, and very helpful. Where ever you are-it will be great!