Poly question

Can someone tell me…
If a family of 6 would like to stay at the Poly and their youngest child is less than 2 years old, is that allowed?
My sister-in law’s sister, (That’s not a typo), was told that it was not a problem, but when I check the website it says the maximum number of guests is 5.
Does anyone know for sure?

6 will be REALLY tight in the room. We barely made it through the last trip in a deluxe with 5 total, 2 adults, 3 kids. I finally went to 2 rooms or a 2BR unit. I guess the arangements would be 2 in each Q bed, one on the cluch and one in a crib? If so, not much room to walk around come bed time or when getting ready in the AM.

[QUOTE=nancyk;1119560]Can someone tell me…
If a family of 6 would like to stay at the Poly and their youngest child is less than 2 years old, is that allowed?
My sister-in law’s sister, (That’s not a typo), was told that it was not a problem, but when I check the website it says the maximum number of guests is 5.
Does anyone know for sure?[/QUOTE]

Quote from the “Official Guide”----

“Many rooms have 2 Queen size beds and a daybed, and can accommodate 5 guests plus a child under 3.”

I’ve never stayed with a large family but I would ask again.

OK thanks, I will forward the info. I think it will be tight too. If it were me, I think I would opt for a cheaper room elsewhere and get 2 rooms.

Yes, they can stay in there IF the 6th person is under the age of three.

I wouldn’t have thought this was an option, but if they want to stay there to experience the resort, maybe it’s worth to them.

I would do the same. The extra bathroom would be helpful.

The 2nd bath was the best part of getting 2 rms or a 2BR unit. All the AM fights vanished.

They can do it, but it will be TIGHT…I’d rather go cheaper and have a second bathroom. Maybe they can do a split stay.

Agree. Sleeping wouldn’t be all that different than having fewer people, but the bathroom situation would be seriously tough. I wonder if an OKW 2-br villa would be a fairly similar price? I haven’t compared, but maybe buy points from a DVC member? That extra bath is lovely.

I’m not sure what their thinking is on this. My sister-in law is the one who asked me about it so I wasn’t talking with them directly. They have been to WDW a few times so maybe they want the experience of staying there, not sure.

I thought the same thing.

Request Tokelau, Rapa Nui or Tahiti with the larger rooms. There is plenty of room to put the crib off next to the desk. We have had a crib in the room before and it was no problem. Even the smaller Polynesian rooms are about 100 sq ft larger than many of the other Deluxe resorts. If you get Tahiti or even Rapa Nui you will have double sinks. Tokelau has the larger rooms with a single sink layout.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely pass it along.

Why not try the Art of Animation suites?

I’m not sure but I think they simply want to experience that particular resort. I haven’t yet been able to speak with them directly but I intend to do so today. I am going to give them all of your suggestins that have come up. They have 3 young girls but are bringing a neice with them as well which is why it adds up to 6 people. I think the AoA suite idea would be great for the little ones. I will definitely pass the idea along.