Poly room with 5 people

My parents just confirmed that they will be joining us when we go to WDW in August. Our first stay at the POLY!!! Wohoooo! (yes, I am a little excited)

My question is…are the rooms big enough to accomodate 4 adults and a 6 yr old somewhat comfortably? It is only for two nights so it is okay if it is a little cramped…

Also, how are the daybeds? I heard that they open up differently and are more comfortable then the traditional pull-out sofabed. I also heard they are wider than the daybeds at the Beach Club. Any opinions???

We didn’t use the daybed when we stayed at the Poly, but I know the room was plenty big enough. Also, since your ds is 6, I don’t think he’ll have any trouble sleeping on the daybed. :slight_smile:

For 2 nights I’m sure you can make it work. The only part that I think would be tight is the bathroom, it’s going to be hard to get everyone in and out in the morning but you can get through it.

We stayed at a resort recently and expected ds to sleep on the pull-out sofa. It was so hard and uncomfortable he ended up in bed with us. Same thing happened last October at the Nick Hotel. So I just wanted to make sure the daybeds were a little better at POLY.

Oh got ya! Then I hope that the daybed is comfortable for your sake!

We were just there in June and the daybed we nice. DD(8) slept on it everynight. The rooms are pretty big, I think you will be fine with 5 people.

I agree with everyone. Its definitely doable.

You will have no problem, it’s plenty roomy. Have a great time.

Check out the first 3 pages of my TR from our last trip to the Poly. It will show you most of the room, bathroom and daybed.

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/38783-mickeymottos-redhot-adventures-tr.html

You will have no problem with 5 people. We had 5 in our room and were quite comfortable. (Me, DH and 3 teenage boys!)

I think it’s going to be to tight in that room with 4 adults…to tight for me. I think it may be wise to get a second room. That’s going to be uncomfortable.

Stayed at Poly last July and the rooms are very spacious. My Mom slept on the daybed and it was very comfortable (she was in declining health and very frail then, but she insisted on sleeping there). Adjoining rooms are really nice too if can be done.

We had 5 people in a room, my husband, my teenage daughter, my parents, and myself, and the room can handle it nicely. My daughter slept in the day bed and the adults in the two queen beds. There were no complaints about the daybed, my daughter said it was very comfortable.

Should be no problemo! We had five adults and had plenty of room. The day bed was comfortable enough.

[QUOTE=CaraMia;853286]My parents just confirmed that they will be joining us when we go to WDW in August. Our first stay at the POLY!!! Wohoooo! (yes, I am a little excited)

My question is…are the rooms big enough to accomodate 4 adults and a 6 yr old somewhat comfortably? It is only for two nights so it is okay if it is a little cramped…

Also, how are the daybeds? I heard that they open up differently and are more comfortable then the traditional pull-out sofabed. I also heard they are wider than the daybeds at the Beach Club. Any opinions???[/QUOTE]
The room is plenty big enough as on our last trip we stayed at the Poly we had 4 adults and 1 child and we fit just fine and never felt tight or that we should have booked two rooms. You’ll be fine and enjoy this beautiful resort

Daybeds, as I see it, are ususally “real” beds, just small. Unlike those sofa beds which can ruin your night. I think this would be alright.

I’ve never seen the Poly day-bed, but I know that Disney has been replacing the sofabeds with a newer more comfortable kind. The one at OKW use to be a “back-killer”, but the last time we were there, the mattress had been changed to a 'foam" type, which was much more comfortable. Years ago with stayed at Disney Institute. It had a day-bed that was very comfy.

I just spoke with a CM and was told you couldn’t have more then 4 plus an infant in a Poly room? Are there certain rooms you would request for a larger family? :confused:

No way!!! They had to be wrong. We just had 5 in our room last summer. Look at the photo of the daybed in the link from my earlier post. Call back and talk to someone else.

Off to read and check that out! Thank you :blush:

ETA: I believe my problem is we are 2 adults and 4 kiddos…our youngest will have just turned 3.

That’s not true as we had 4 adults and a 10 year old which I don’t consider an infant and we were all in one room and there was plenty of room for us