Polynesian adding DVC

No idea where they are going to build it…maybe landfill an area in Seven Seas.

One of Walt Disney World’s oldest hotels is getting a time-share addition.

Disney Vacation Club, the time-share arm of the Walt Disney Co., announced Tuesday that it is building new units at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, the 42-year-old, tropically themed hotel on the Magic Kingdom monorail line.

Disney did not say how many time-share units it will build at the hotel. Construction, which began this month, is expected to be completed sometime in 2015.

Disney adding Vacation Club time shares to Polynesian - OrlandoSentinel.com

From what I understand, one of the buildings (Tahiti I think)will be converted to studios. In addition to that, a building will be put in on the water which would be all grand villas.

Double check tikimanpages.com for more info. He has been on top of this for awhile now.

Aha, so that wasn’t a rumor after all.

well it was official rumor until they officially announced it but Tikiman was very good about giving whatever info he was allowed to from his sources.

I am so excited for a POLY DVC… Its my favorite non DVC resort… Guess its time to start saving money so we can buy into it when available :slight_smile:

Maybe they could just skip the landfill and create a whole new Disney Experience! :pirate:

Hello Down There - YouTube

I wonder how many DVC points that would cost? :confused:

[QUOTE=Experiment6-2-6;1138208]Maybe they could just skip the landfill and create a whole new Disney Experience! :pirate:

Hello Down There - YouTube

I wonder how many DVC points that would cost? :confused:[/QUOTE]

That is some of the fine entertainment I would expect to find over at Sea World.

Seriously I just hope that they don’t build a big tower at the Poly…It would just seem so out of place IMO.

I am pretty excited about this and the GF villas because those are two resorts still on my list of places I haven’t stayed. Having the option to stay on points in the future will make staying at both more of a possibility.

Being in Tahiti wouldn’t suck, that is an easy walk to the TTC. But, I heard the rumor was that the new building would be where the Luau is now. Either way, I am excited about this.